Hello.. yes Im new to this forum : )

New to Flight of The Conchords? Or just new to the site and forums? Either way, please take a minute to stop by and say hello. Cheers!
curlisue
Registered Rhymnecologist

Re: Hello.. yes Im new to this forum : )

Postby curlisue » Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:03 pm

Hi everyone, I'm new to the Conchords and to this site and can't believe what I've been missing all this time! I'm in Scotland near Edinburgh, and am desperately hoping the guys decide to tour here in the UK soon pretty please? I'm green with envy watching the myriad live youtube clips (thanks all, 'specially for the sugalumps ones mm mm!).

I'm new to forums in general, so please excuse any rookie errors. I look forward to keeping up with the guys latest news and pics and getting to know the other members. Thanks!! :D
Sometimes when I'm freestyling...I lose confidence

Faith
A pastry chef and a sniper

Postby Faith » Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:06 pm

Welcome, curlisue! Don't worry about being new around here, everyone is really nice. I've only been here about a week and it feels like forever (but in a good way). :)

bakergirl30
Getting lewd with the food

Postby bakergirl30 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:41 pm

Venus wrote:Welcome to the forum! We've got a great bunch of people here so I'm sure you'll enjoy your time here :)

Thank you! Everyone has been so nice already! :D

biscuit
Give me some scruff and a leather jacket...or just the scruff

Postby biscuit » Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:19 pm

Welcome Bakergirl:) And Curlisue as well:)
Thanks to Ariadne at RAC for my gorgeous new avi :-)

bakergirl30

Postby bakergirl30 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:35 pm

biscuit wrote:Welcome Bakergirl:) And Curlisue as well:)

Thank you! And Welcome Curlisue!! :D

biscuit
Give me some scruff and a leather jacket...or just the scruff

Postby biscuit » Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:59 pm

Hey, Bakergirl, you're only a year older than me and you're alone with two teenage boys? What's that like? How cool is it that you kid can play FOTC! 8)
Thanks to Ariadne at RAC for my gorgeous new avi :-)

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:09 am

bakergirl30 wrote:Hello fellow Bakergirl! :P

Im just about 15 minutes from Garland!

And Yes its viry awesome here!

Ps.. looks like you got a pretty awesome hug from Jemaine there! What a luck lady you are! :D

Yes, thanks to this place! Lots of advice on possible meet and greet was given (don't believe the security if they say B & J have left...they're just trying to thin the herd) and SheWolf had gotten an awesome huggy pic, so I decided to go for it, too! Check out the Conchords Gigs and from there, Gigs So far threads (if you haven't already) and you can read our gushing recaps and see pics of those of us lucky enough to have met them glowing with joy. :lol:

I saw in your other thread that you're a pro- I'm just an amateur but I do so love to bake and decorate, and cook also.

Wow, small world~ believe me, during the tour, I actually contemplated getting tix for one of the TX shows and flying to stay with them so I could see the guys again....but hub wouldn't have understood. I talked to my friend yesterday and they're going to see Coldplay in July....they've heard of the Conchords but don't really know them. I'm trying to change that. :)
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

bakergirl30

Postby bakergirl30 » Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:03 am

LauraK wrote:
bakergirl30 wrote:Hello fellow Bakergirl! :P

Im just about 15 minutes from Garland!

And Yes its viry awesome here!

Ps.. looks like you got a pretty awesome hug from Jemaine there! What a luck lady you are! :D

Yes, thanks to this place! Lots of advice on possible meet and greet was given (don't believe the security if they say B & J have left...they're just trying to thin the herd) and SheWolf had gotten an awesome huggy pic, so I decided to go for it, too! Check out the Conchords Gigs and from there, Gigs So far threads (if you haven't already) and you can read our gushing recaps and see pics of those of us lucky enough to have met them glowing with joy. :lol:

I saw in your other thread that you're a pro- I'm just an amateur but I do so love to bake and decorate, and cook also.

Wow, small world~ believe me, during the tour, I actually contemplated getting tix for one of the TX shows and flying to stay with them so I could see the guys again....but hub wouldn't have understood. I talked to my friend yesterday and they're going to see Coldplay in July....they've heard of the Conchords but don't really know them. I'm trying to change that. :)

That's awesome! Here at the Dallas show my sons and I waited for about 2 hours and one of roadies came out and said they really had left :( And we kind of had to believe him cause their tour bus was gone.. *sigh* And I SO wanted to meet them! My sons both wear the "Jemaine glasses" ! But they have been wearing them way before we knew who the Conchords were... but it would have been a cool pic of the 3 of them! :D I really wish I would have gone to see them more.. It just didn't dawn on me till AFTER I started reading that fans were seeing them more than once on this tour and by that time most shows were sold out :(
I am also a really big fan of John Mayer and his last tour we saw him 4 times.. I really should of done that with FOTC..well you live and learn I guess...

Yeah I was a Baker for over 6 years and loved it but became very burnt out, and decided to give chocolate a try and I love it. I've been working with chocolate now for almost 3 years. It's a lot of fun! This is our "down time" now as living in Texas it's hard to convince people to buy something that will most likely melt in a few minutes! :?
It's been nice to "meet" a lot of new people.. everyone on this forum seems to be so nice! :D

bakergirl30

Postby bakergirl30 » Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:12 am

biscuit wrote:Hey, Bakergirl, you're only a year older than me and you're alone with two teenage boys? What's that like? How cool is it that you kid can play FOTC! 8)

Haha! Not always so easy! But now that they are older its ( for the most part) a lot of fun.. my boys are pretty much my best friends!
It does help that I am still very good friends with their Dad :D
I do get mistaken for their sister a lot! But I think that may be because I'm so short ( 5"ft ) and they are MUCH taller than me!!!
And my older son is a HUGE FOTC fan and he surprised me one day and just sat and watched the Amoeba show and picked up his guitar and started playing! :D His Dad and I dont really know where he gets his music abilities!! :rock:

Corrine
Consistently Mediocre

Postby Corrine » Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:03 am

Hi Curlisue! :welcome: I love Scotland! I studied at St. Andrews for a year (about 20 years ago). It's a beautiful place. Lots of great memories. I loved Edinburgh too.

Hi to Bakergirl too. I've never really been to Texas (I'm up in New England), but my husband has been working in Houston for most of the last four months. Apparently Texas is where all the jobs are these days.

bakergirl30

Postby bakergirl30 » Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:23 am

Hi to Bakergirl too. I've never really been to Texas (I'm up in New England), but my husband has been working in Houston for most of the last four months. Apparently Texas is where all the jobs are these days.[/quote]

Hello to you too!

Yes Texas has been pretty lucky so far *keeps fingers crossed* :)

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:43 am

*Mmmmmmmm.....melted chocolate.....mmmmmmmmm*

Well, they told lots of us that they'd be back. So some day, we'll get another chance to see more than 1 show and to meet them! :)

You should go into the Dallas thread and give us your recap of the show- we'd love to hear it! You and your boys sound great. The Conchords are a terrific thing to share.

I can relate to the burned-out thing...I was a hairstylist for 13 yrs. I am sooo done with doing the public's hair. Family and friends only now. :) (There are customers I still miss, though...)

Oh! Welcome, Curlisue!! :D
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:24 pm

Hello and welcome to our new arrivals :) :wave:

curlisue
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby curlisue » Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:47 pm

A big thanks for the warm welcome to Sherry, Corrine, LauraK, biscuit and bakergirl, you've made my week :clap: I love this site and forum, and can't fit enough reading/posting into my day!

Keep up the good work folks, you've made me laugh almost a much as our fave guys... almost :lol:
Sometimes when I'm freestyling...I lose confidence

bakergirl30

Postby bakergirl30 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:46 pm

Sherry wrote:Hello and welcome to our new arrivals :) :wave:

Thanks Sherry! And Thank you for hosting and running such a great site/forum! I am now thoroughly addicted! Everyone here has been so open and warm :D

Not only am I a huge fan of the guys but am now a huge fan of the fans! You are all VIRY lovely ladies of the world... :wink:
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Introduce yourself - Feel free say hello here before posting. Thanks”