Nice to meet ya!

New to Flight of The Conchords? Or just new to the site and forums? Either way, please take a minute to stop by and say hello. Cheers!
hetoft
New arrival

Nice to meet ya!

Postby hetoft » Wed May 26, 2010 5:16 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm Rasmus, a nice, down-to-earth fella from Denmark. Oh, and Hetoft is my middle name - it's quite rare, so that's why I use it as my username everywhere. So if you find a profile somewhere on the internet with the name "hetoft", you can be pretty sure it's me. :wink:

Let me tell you all a little secret... I'm a BIG fan of Flight of the Conchords! :P of course, why else would I be here. I've only known about them for about a year or so and I own both the seasons of the TV show and two of their CD's. This type of underacted humour is just the type I like. I'm also a big fan of the TV shows "Important Things with Demetri Martin", "The Office" and "Look Around You". If you don't know 'em, you should check 'em out. Just a little hint. :wink:

Besides from being an FotC fan (yes, I actually do have a life :P ), I'm an enthusiastic amateur photographer and I'm very much into graphic design and stuff like that. You can go here to see some of the photos I've taken... although it hasn't really been updated in half a year or so: My DeviantART profile.

I'm happy to be a member of this great community as the first Dane here (I think - anyone else??).

I'm Audi!
Last edited by hetoft on Wed May 26, 2010 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
.:: ROBO BOOGIE! ::.

LauraK
Boom King!

Re: Nice to meet ya!

Postby LauraK » Wed May 26, 2010 5:26 pm

Hello again, hetoft! :group:

Youk know I had to Google your name....I believe I found your FB page. :D You have a wonderfully unique and masculine name. You could probably come to live in the states and in 20 years, you'd never come across another Rasmus Hetoft. :thumb:

We have a thread in the General section called I Turn my Camera On you'll probably be interested in: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3093

Look forward to seeing you around the forum. :)
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

biscuit
Give me some scruff and a leather jacket...or just the scruff

Postby biscuit » Wed May 26, 2010 5:38 pm

Davs Rasmus :wave:

Welcome to the forum :D I hope you like it here, cause we could definitely do with some more men :wink:

As far as I know me and Hurricane are the only other Scandinavians here but you never know who's lurking :)

So....Hetoft, do you play, or have you ever considered learning to play, the ukulele ? :eyelashes: If you do you should stop by Uke Corner and join the orchestra, if not you should stop by Uke Corner and we'll talk you into getting one. :lol: :rock:
Thanks to Ariadne at RAC for my gorgeous new avi :-)

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Wed May 26, 2010 5:41 pm

Resistance is futile.... :rock:
ImageImage

Amanda
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby Amanda » Wed May 26, 2010 7:06 pm

:nod: :lol:
But if you did I'd hold you tight / Into every single night
And we'd fall asleep together / And we'd wake up in the sunlight
Well, maybe I'm a dreamer / But maybe one day you'll see / That dreams are...

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Wed May 26, 2010 8:39 pm

Hi, hetoft! :wave: I am part Danish, I'm told. So I feel we have some sort of bond :dunno: Just from sharing the same "home country". Though I have, admittedly, about 4 home countries :lol: That's why biscuit and I have some sort of bond as well, then :roll2:

I digress. Welcome to the forum. Happy to meet you. We can always use more testosterone around here.

hetoft
New arrival

Postby hetoft » Thu May 27, 2010 12:05 am

Thanks, ladies. :wink: You're all great at making one feel welcome here!

LauraK wrote:Hello again, hetoft! :group:

Youk know I had to Google your name....I believe I found your FB page. :D You have a wonderfully unique and masculine name. You could probably come to live in the states and in 20 years, you'd never come across another Rasmus Hetoft. :thumb:

We have a thread in the General section called I Turn my Camera On you'll probably be interested in: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3093

Look forward to seeing you around the forum. :)

Hehe, yep, that was probably me then. Thank you, it's the first time I've been told my name was masculine, haha.

biscuit wrote:Davs Rasmus :wave:

Welcome to the forum :D I hope you like it here, cause we could definitely do with some more men :wink:

As far as I know me and Hurricane are the only other Scandinavians here but you never know who's lurking :)

So....Hetoft, do you play, or have you ever considered learning to play, the ukulele ? :eyelashes: If you do you should stop by Uke Corner and join the orchestra, if not you should stop by Uke Corner and we'll talk you into getting one. :lol: :rock:

Hejsa småkage ;)

So, only three scandinavians here, huh... that's not a lot. It's a shame that FotC aren't well-known here.

Haha, nope, haven't yet tried the ukulele. But it reminds me of this song, a tribute to the ukulele, which I hope you understand a bit of. It's in Danish and pretty funny ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4FjSaVIIpc
.:: ROBO BOOGIE! ::.

biscuit

Postby biscuit » Thu May 27, 2010 12:15 am

Haha! You're in the right place for double entendre appreciation, mate :wink: :lol:

And of course I could understand it. :geek:

Maybe it'll be my next cover. Although it might suit a guy better :)

Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby Venus » Thu May 27, 2010 12:39 am

Hi there, hetoft! Welcome to the forum! I've enjoyed reading your posts so far and I hope to continue seeing you around the forum. :)
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Thu May 27, 2010 12:42 am

Ok, his singing and the closed-captions are in the same language...right? :lol:
Can someone translate? :)
ImageImage

biscuit

Postby biscuit » Thu May 27, 2010 12:51 am

The gist of it is that it's ok to play a small instrument if you know how to do it right, and if you use your fingers well you should be fine :whistle: And then he ends by saying that he himself plays a double bass :lol:

(The singing and captions are both in Danish)

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Thu May 27, 2010 1:26 am

:lol: :thumb:
ImageImage

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Thu May 27, 2010 5:11 am

Welcome, hetoft! :wave:

Make sure you check out Sherry's Forum Rules, and read the first page of the thread you wish to post on, so you're clear on the thread's intent. Have fun sharing your love for the Conchords with us! :D
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!

Return to “Introduce yourself - Feel free say hello here before posting. Thanks”