Hello, Fellow FoTC fans

New to Flight of The Conchords? Or just new to the site and forums? Either way, please take a minute to stop by and say hello. Cheers!
Diana
New arrival

Hello, Fellow FoTC fans

Postby Diana » Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:02 am

Hello,

My name is Diana. I have been a fan of FoTC since 2006. I'm usually not one to post on fan forums, but this forum appears friendly, so I figured I'd give it a try. I am really looking forward to see Bret & Jemaine for the first time at the Oddball Fest in Hartford, CT. Is anyone going to this show? I wonder what to expect at a comedy festival. I assume it's complete pandemonium. To be honest, I dislike large crowds and wish I had the inside track to get tix to the McKittrick Hotel. Those shows were obviously sold out before fans knew about it. Oh well, it is what it is.

Hope everyone is enjoying what's left the summer. :D

Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Re: Hello, Fellow FoTC fans

Postby Venus » Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:44 am

Hi Diana. :wave: Welcome to the forum!

Cool, I hope you have a great time at the Oddball Fest. I think many ticketholders aren't quite sure what to expect since I don't think there has been a comedy festival on this scale before but I'm sure it will all work out in the end. It's all very exciting too. Tickets to see FOTC at the McKittrick Hotel are very high in demand and it's a shame that many will miss out but those who are lucky enough to have tickets will have an amazing experience seeing them live in such an intimate venue. If you're still interested in tickets, hopefully more tickets will be released closer to the time, just keep checking McKittrick's ticketing site.

So are you a Jemainiac, Breterosexual or Bi-Conchordian? Got any favourite songs/episodes?

Discussions about the Oddball Festival can be found here. A thread about the McKittrick Hotel gigs can be found here and there are of course many sections of the forum which you may have already explored so feel free to post in both the old and new threads. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. Looking forward to seeing your posts. :)
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:01 am

Welcome, Diana! :wave:
You were an FoTC fan long before I discovered the guys.
I'm going to the Mansfield, MA show, but I wish I could see them in NYC.
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!

4everconchordsfan
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby 4everconchordsfan » Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:03 pm

Diana wrote:Hello,

My name is Diana. I have been a fan of FoTC since 2006. I'm usually not one to post on fan forums, but this forum appears friendly, so I figured I'd give it a try. I am really looking forward to see Bret & Jemaine for the first time at the Oddball Fest in Hartford, CT. Is anyone going to this show? I wonder what to expect at a comedy festival. I assume it's complete pandemonium. To be honest, I dislike large crowds and wish I had the inside track to get tix to the McKittrick Hotel. Those shows were obviously sold out before fans knew about it. Oh well, it is what it is.

Hope everyone is enjoying what's left the summer. :D

Hi Diana,

Welcome to our group! Glad you found us. :D :clap:

I have tickets to the Denver show. I don't know many details about the festival. I've read that there are 2 stages and that Brody Stevens will be hosting the 2nd stage for all dates. I've also read that there will be "curiosity department" with street performers, psychics, freaks, geeks, and treats, whatever all that means. :hrm:

We look forward to getting to know you. Congrats on getting tickets for the Hartford show. Although the crowds may be larger than you're comfortable with once Bret & Jemaine start their show it seems like they are in a room talking just to you. Jemaine fixes his eyes on you and BOOM. You will love it. No worries you're going to have a great time.
"they're my celebrities, they're what I care about"

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:00 am

Welcome, Diana! I'm another who found them late- 2009. Got to see them that year and it was fantastic! I'm also a bit nervous about the crowd size for the festival but I'm sure it'll be fine. :) I'm just thrilled to get to see them again!

Oh, the McKittrick...keep your eyes peeled online as the date gets closer. You may yet get tickets. If I lived close I'd be selling my kidney to get in there!
I wouldn't....I'd never...
I would...
No, I wouldn't! No, never...
I totally would!
:lol:
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

Diana
New arrival

Postby Diana » Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:03 am

Thank you for the warm welcome! I appreciate it.

To answer Venus' questions, I am a bi-conchordian. Bret and Jemaine have this undefinable chemistry that just transfixes you. You just want to watch their every move, even when they are doing nothing. My favorite episodes from the show are: Wingmen, Unnatural Love, Bowie, Yoko and the Third Conchord. Lately, Bret has been more on my radar since Austenland will be coming out very soon. The reviews are saying that Bret steals in the entire movie. That's old news to fans.

I was in school at the time I discovered them, so I didn't have the time and resources to travel to see them. I am still not sure about this festival because I dislike large crowds. Also, I have heard many stories of people behave badly at festivals. I am going to show with two friends, who like FoTC, but are more into Dave Chappelle. The McKitterick Hotel sounds so much more desirable because of it's much more intimate and also I think fans stand a better chance of meeting them at a smaller venue.

Bret winning the Oscar was the best thing to happen to Conchords fans because it cemented his status as a musical genius. This means he will always be in high demand and any Conchords projects he pitches will be greenlighted. I believe Jemaine will be nominated too in the near future for his acting. I believe this next phase of the Conchords will eclipse the show.

Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby Venus » Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:52 pm

Although large crowds may seem quite daunting, so many fans have had great experiences at previous FOTC shows that have taken place in large arenas/ampitheatres. I really enjoyed attending a couple FOTC arena shows. And even though I didn't attend their Hollywood Bowl gig (their largest gig to date), I could still sense how electric the atmosphere was and how much fun everyone had just from watching the videos and reading fan accounts about it so there's still a lot to look forward to and chances are that you'll still have a fantastic time. Yes, it does seem more likely to meet them at a smaller venue but you never know. Meet & greets taking place after shows can be quite hit and miss due to a variety of factors which are not necessarily due to venue size so there's no harm in trying if you want to meet them. Keep us posted on your experience!

You've raised very good points about Bret & Jemaine's success. Even the fairy tale comedy musical Bret is currently working on sounds really promising and he's already garnering so much support because he's proven how talented he is. I'm very much looking forward to both Bret and Jemaine's future endeavours. :)
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

Return to “Introduce yourself - Feel free say hello here before posting. Thanks”