Official Introduction Thread - Greetings fellow earthlings

New to Flight of The Conchords? Or just new to the site and forums? Either way, please take a minute to stop by and say hello. Cheers!
ninabruha
New arrival

Postby ninabruha » Mon Oct 03, 2005 1:17 pm

first saw the conchords in france last june, been hooked ever since. tried ordering their album at SmokeCd's but they don't ship to where i am. there's no HBO On Demand here either. arg. i am so deprived. so this site really really means a lot to me! thanks sherry!

M-Uk
New arrival

Postby M-Uk » Mon Oct 03, 2005 2:50 pm

Hello all :D

First saw the Conchords on a headline spot at Late 'N' Live Edinburgh Fringe in 2002; saw them there again in 2003, and last year we finally caught their own show on the Fringe. Wish they'd tour the UK again - couldn't get down for the recent London dates :(

Thrilled at the BBC Radio 2 show, been in hysterics every week :lol:

Sherry, I'm a fellow Eddie & DAAS fan :wink:
"You what? You shot it??"

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Mon Oct 03, 2005 7:43 pm

Dick Grogan wrote:sup

from Maryland, USA. saw the HBO special on On Demand and watched it another 5 times during the next week (most of which showing it too friends).

many thanks to Sherry for putting them on the net.

Only 5? :lol: I've listened to it way more, but not watched it so much. Musically its very well written so its always good to have on in the background.

And thank you :) I'm doing something I enjoy here with the website. Glad that others have joined me and are liking it :)
Last edited by Sherry on Mon Oct 03, 2005 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Mon Oct 03, 2005 7:47 pm

Andria wrote:Hi, Conchordians!
I (like many others :) ) first saw FotC on HBO's One Night Stand. I've been hooked ever since. I got their Folk the World album last week. Awesome. Also enjoying their BBC show. "Wow, thats awesome" too. :wink:
Just wanted to say Hey. Oh, and thanks a bunch to Sherry for your awesome website. I know, I need a thesaurus, but I enjoy my broken record like vocabulary.

You really are getting all the Conchords goodness out there ;)

And lol, thanks for the thanks *blushes* I'm not used to having many people thank me for doing this. Its an odd thing, but hey, I ain't complaining :p I'm glad I am doing something people are able to enjoy. And spreading the word on the Conchords.

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Mon Oct 03, 2005 7:50 pm

Amaria wrote:Whoops! Silly me, I wasnt logged in when I typed that.

But the above post is me. :shock: :lol:

Hehe. Verbose away :) Welcome aboard

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Mon Oct 03, 2005 7:53 pm

Spammy wrote:Hullo!
I be a little Spammy from Australia. I have been a conchordian since 2003 I think, when I saw them on "Stand up!" on the telly.
I ordered their CD sometime early last year from the Access entertainment website but I think the merch page went missing.
Anyhoo, hope to chat to you all in the future.

Spammy.

I had to laugh when I saw your nick. I think the bit in the guidelines about 'No spam. No spamming. No spammy spam.' did it :p And an Aussie to boot. The world seems such a small place sometimes, thanks to this interweb thingo.

I heard about the Stand Up thing. Is that the one that is out on DVD in Australia? If so, is it worth buying do you reckon?

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Mon Oct 03, 2005 7:56 pm

ninabruha wrote:first saw the conchords in france last june, been hooked ever since. tried ordering their album at SmokeCd's but they don't ship to where i am. there's no HBO On Demand here either. arg. i am so deprived. so this site really really means a lot to me! thanks sherry!

Hi ninabruha :)

Was that at Cannes by any chance you came across them? And how odd about Smoke CD's not shipping to you. They shipped to the UK and other places about the globe before now :( Hopefully you can get your hands on a copy somehow.

Have you downloaded the mp3's and clips from What The Folk yet? That should keep you going for a bit at least.

And I will at some point be putting the older stuff back up, so you can get a bit more then :)

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Mon Oct 03, 2005 8:01 pm

M-Uk wrote:Hello all :D

First saw the Conchords on a headline spot at Late 'N' Live Edinburgh Fringe in 2002; saw them there again in 2003, and last year we finally caught their own show on the Fringe. Wish they'd tour the UK again - couldn't get down for the recent London dates :(

Thrilled at the BBC Radio 2 show, been in hysterics every week :lol:

Sherry, I'm a fellow Eddie & DAAS fan :wink:

Hey M-Uk

2002 was their first year at the Fringe. I still like their early material the best and have fond memories of seeing them perform there.

And I would think/hope UK gigs are on the cards for next spring or summer. I could do with seeing them perform live again. Depends what kind of deals get done elsewhere I suppose. They might head Stateside. Or stay in NZ. Chances are good them coming back over here to work on projects I would think. I have to say, I don't know of anything definate. Its too early. And any tour news we can hope goes on their site.

Hello from Las Vegas!

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:48 pm

Hello, fellow Conchordians!

My name is Kristen, and I am a new fan of FOTC, after having seen them on HBO's One Night Stand.

I live in Las Vegas and work as an entertainment publicist, and my husband is a headlining comedian. We both love talent and originality, both of which are embodied in Jemaine Clement and Bret McKenzie. Too bad they don't receive royalties each time a subscriber views that show - they'd be millionaires from my usage alone!

I have no official capacity, of course, but am putting my professional skills to use here in Vegas, sans press releases. I have a big mouth, and am using it to spread the word! I am so excited to see such a fresh and genuinely funny act getting some notariety. Let's hope they inspire others to be a little more creative and original - there's room for everyone!

I want to thank Sherry for this fabulous site - so important, particularly now. Also, I want to wish Jemaine and Bret all the success they can possibly have. Lastly, I want to thank the execs at HBO for making such a wise choice. (However, I wish they would prewf-reed their pseudo-interview with the guys, as they have spelled Jemaine's name two different ways within the same piece!)

As you can see, I tend to be quite chatty - hope I haven't bored you to death by now! But I welcome the opportunity to make new friends, particularly when you all have such impeccable taste! I look forward to a lot more hilarity, and am awaiting the next delectable "chapter" in the FOTC saga!

Best regards to all,

Kristen

Fluffyblonde

So sorry about that omission!

Postby Fluffyblonde » Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:54 pm

Sorry about posting while logged out! I am, after all, fluffy and blonde! :oops:

:roll:

Kristen

/me
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby /me » Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:39 am

Hi all!

I saw Conchords (and met Sherry for the first time, for that matter) in Edinburgh in 2002, I believe, and again in 2003 then had to wait patiently for them to make their way stateside. Still, I had no idea FotC would take "off" here in the states the way they did. Rolling Stone, SPIN, NME? One Night Stand, Conan, ABC (or was that NBC?) and now possibly a development deal with HBO as well? Not to mention the BBC radio and TV deals. Wow. I also love the fact that "Conchordians" managed to crash the SmokeCDs site. :lol: All good news as I am sure Bret will need to pay off those loans for the glorious DG-20 with maybe even some left over to afford a razor. :wink:
Ooooh Flight of the Conchords! You're so big!

:comehere: Conchordians Unite! Join the FotC map!

Dick Grogan
New arrival

Postby Dick Grogan » Tue Oct 04, 2005 5:29 am

Sherry wrote:
Dick Grogan wrote:sup

from Maryland, USA. saw the HBO special on On Demand and watched it another 5 times during the next week (most of which showing it too friends).

many thanks to Sherry for putting them on the net.

Only 5? :lol: I've listened to it way more, but not watched it so much. Musically its very well written so its always good to have on in the background.

And thank you :) I'm doing something I enjoy here with the website. Glad that others have joined me and are liking it :)

Yeah, we don't have that fancy cable at my house so I have to got o a friend's house to see it.

And, I just put those mp3s on whenever I've been at my computer lately. I'm obsessed. Yep.

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Re: Hello from Las Vegas!

Postby Sherry » Tue Oct 04, 2005 9:04 am

Anonymous wrote:Hello, fellow Conchordians!

My name is Kristen, and I am a new fan of FOTC, after having seen them on HBO's One Night Stand.

Too bad they don't receive royalties each time a subscriber views that show - they'd be millionaires from my usage alone!

Lastly, I want to thank the execs at HBO for making such a wise choice. (However, I wish they would prewf-reed their pseudo-interview with the guys, as they have spelled Jemaine's name two different ways within the same piece!)

As you can see, I tend to be quite chatty - hope I haven't bored you to death by now! But I welcome the opportunity to make new friends, particularly when you all have such impeccable taste! I look forward to a lot more hilarity, and am awaiting the next delectable "chapter" in the FOTC saga!

Best regards to all,

Kristen

I snipped some of your post, but to cover the bits left :)

And I thought I could talk/write a lot :P Welcome to the boards Kristen :D I'm always happy when people want to talk.

Yeah the royalties thing is true. Almost everyone I have heard from had not been able to stop playing or listening to it. I'm sure they will come back to the world sometime soon, but for now, playing the Conchords and laughing seems like a good thing to do.

Heh, I have seen Jemaine spelt all ways. Jermain, Jermaine, Germaine... At least the worst that happens to Bret is 'Brett' (or Figwit. Sorry Bret :P )

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Tue Oct 04, 2005 9:23 am

/me wrote: I saw Conchords (and met Sherry for the first time, for that matter) in Edinburgh in 2002, I believe, and again in 2003 then had to wait patiently for them to make their way stateside.

I also love the fact that "Conchordians" managed to crash the SmokeCDs site. :lol: All good news as I am sure Bret will need to pay off those loans for the glorious DG-20 with maybe even some left over to afford a razor. :wink:

Ooo dear. Now they know that we know that they know we know each other. Or something. :? And 2002, was it that long ago already? Seems like only about 1128 days, give or take :P

And I was wondering if it was all those hits to Smoke CD's by people ordering the Conchords CD :p

And you mean you don't like the birds nest he has taking root on his face? :roll: He might have his invisble family growing up in there for all we know :P

Hip-Hop-opotamus
New arrival

Hi!

Postby Hip-Hop-opotamus » Tue Oct 04, 2005 4:38 pm

Hello everyone! Not so much new to the boards (were on the "other" boards Sherry had going) but new to this one! I'm looking forward to messaging it up with the rest of you!
My lyrics are bottomless...

Return to “Introduce yourself - Feel free say hello here before posting. Thanks”