Just saying hello

New to Flight of The Conchords? Or just new to the site and forums? Either way, please take a minute to stop by and say hello. Cheers!
Cleren
Lost but happy at sea

Just saying hello

Postby Cleren » Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:09 pm

I came to FOTC via the LOTR route, really. Got friendly with a fellow fan on the interweb - no, no, just friendly as in people with things in common, not the sort of stuff tabloid newspapers fill their pages with...

Anyway, she arranged a junket to see FOTC at the Edinburgh Festival, and I was hooked. Actually, I was hurt - laughing that hard for that long can do serious damage to bits of the torso.

So, I like FOTC - funny, clever stuff from really nice, talented people. A treat in what can sometimes be a naughty world.

And now, the point of the message. Fellow Conchordians... Conchordites... Conchordistas... Conchordlings... Oh, whatever! Hello.

Gayle
Cool Nipples!

Postby Gayle » Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:28 pm

Welcome to the forum Cleren! Great name! :wave:
4 out of 3 people have difficulty with fractions.

Johnnyp
The One Guy

Postby Johnnyp » Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:11 pm

8)

Andria
Bootylicious Flygirl

Postby Andria » Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:21 pm

Hey, Welcome Cleren!
Happy posting! (pay no mind to JP, none of us do) :D
I'll take your body and cover it with honey, then stick some money to the honey, now you're covered in money, honey. -FotC

Johnnyp
The One Guy

Postby Johnnyp » Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:26 pm

Funny you say you don't pay attention to me but I'm always getting mentioned. :? :wink:

Gayle
Cool Nipples!

Postby Gayle » Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:28 pm

That is called an Oxymoron. Incindentally, it's also what we call you...

JUST KIDDING!!!

Why do we always seem to pick on JP in front on the new people? Sorry JP. Sorry Cleren. Didn't mean to spoil your welcome. :D

indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby indigo_jones » Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:34 pm

Welcome Cleren!

So if you came via LOTR, does that mean you'll be joining us in the Bret thread?

Oh, and I really like Conchordistas. That's a good one!
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

Johnnyp
The One Guy

Postby Johnnyp » Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:51 pm

Thats OK I know Gayle :lol: Welcome Claren glad to have you here even if your name sounds like a pharmaceutical product.

jm513
Boom Queen Baby

Postby jm513 » Sat Mar 04, 2006 4:11 am

Hi Cleren!! :lol:
"I can't brain today - I haz teh dumb"

Andria
Bootylicious Flygirl

Postby Andria » Sat Mar 04, 2006 7:00 am

Johnnyp wrote:Funny you say you don't pay attention to me but I'm always getting mentioned. :? :wink:

Awwwwh, you're just so easy to poke fun at. Take it so well and all. And we know you can dish it out, too. ;)
I'll take your body and cover it with honey, then stick some money to the honey, now you're covered in money, honey. -FotC

Johnnyp
The One Guy

Postby Johnnyp » Sat Mar 04, 2006 7:06 am

Andria wrote:
Johnnyp wrote:Funny you say you don't pay attention to me but I'm always getting mentioned. :? :wink:

Awwwwh, you're just so easy to poke fun at. Take it so well and all. And we know you can dish it out, too. ;)

:twisted: :lol:

SayWhat?
Half a shapely halibut

Postby SayWhat? » Sat Mar 04, 2006 7:11 am

Hello and welcome, Cleren. Very cool name! 8)
****Brezhnev's Eyebrows' One Fan, I mean, Number One Fan!!!!****

Cleren
Lost but happy at sea

Thank you

Postby Cleren » Sat Mar 04, 2006 1:55 pm

Thanks to everyone for the words of welcome. I may well be joining you on the Bret thread, probably when I have something to say that doesn't offend against etiquette, if you know what I mean. :yawinkle:

As for the user name, it's (South Wales) Welsh and means "a fly", as in flying insect. It's a nickname I was given at one time, loosely based on my real name, and rather suggests someone who flits about from one thing to another but isn't as pretty as a butterfly, which would be about right. I think it's rather a pretty name for a class of creatures not usually very well regarded. Coincidentally, it also sounds very similar to the Welsh word for a medieval wandering poet or minstrel. How romantic is that?! So it's not, in fact, really pharmaceutical at all. :D

Look forward to communicating with you all from time to time.

Johnnyp
The One Guy

Postby Johnnyp » Sat Mar 04, 2006 4:46 pm

See I knew I was right :lol:

Gayle
Cool Nipples!

Postby Gayle » Sat Mar 04, 2006 6:24 pm

Thanks for the explanation Cleren! I have a cat named Zobi la Moche which in French means Zobi the Fly (from the Les Negress Verte song of the same name-I'm sure I've mispelled at least one word there). Perhaps you know each other?

Return to “Introduce yourself - Feel free say hello here before posting. Thanks”