yo yo yo pakistani-american in the hizzo baby-ch-ch-ch-ch-ch

New to Flight of The Conchords? Or just new to the site and forums? Either way, please take a minute to stop by and say hello. Cheers!
fawad-oh-so-prescient
Keeping it funky

yo yo yo pakistani-american in the hizzo baby-ch-ch-ch-ch-ch

Postby fawad-oh-so-prescient » Sun Mar 26, 2006 1:37 pm

hi. i'm new. i heard flight of the conchords on bbc and loved it and am now trying to get other people to listen to it. oh and i have a band (ish) too. but that's not really...

for some reason any typing i try to do on this message board i come out sounding like i'm a hormonal thirteen year old. i'm actually 27.

hi.

so, i got a band too. and wait i said that.

i like funny music too! (that's what i meant.) have forever. but i'm in america in the usa.

please send me my flight of the conchords decoder ring and secret membership badge. i would like an air-rifle for eid. i love the band.

oh wait, yeah so, i heard the music and that first song on the bbc show, "think about it, think think about it" is HILARIOUS. actually, i the sneakers thing hits pretty close to home. ouch. (hilarious.) think i got cousins in that line.

um.

here's a music video of me and my band too. (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... im+cowboys)

i'm just putting it here by way of introduction, not as self-promotion. (really, honestly. it's not much to promote.)

(honestly, it's pretty crappy.)

so.

welcome!

no wait, you say that.

HI. would any girl like to have a correspondence with me?

um. did i mention i like 'flight of the conchords?' probably my fourth or fifth favorite novelty music act of all time now! (after weird al, space ghost/brak, johnny cash/chicken in black, ogden edsel, and about thirteen other acts).

thank god i came across them on the bbc7.

the end. yay.

i'm a journalist by education. and i like to draw. and i like...to sing. and um. comic books.

my name is Fawad. Hi.

(love me)

this has got to be the worst message board post i've ever written in my life. why don't i stop? why don't i just stop?

hi.

has anyone else noticed how these conchord guys kick butt on guitar? is that just me?
Last edited by fawad-oh-so-prescient on Thu Mar 30, 2006 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
not so much a virgin as much as a...well, virgin. and 27, too. really quite amazing. god i'm depressed.

indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby indigo_jones » Sun Mar 26, 2006 2:12 pm

Brilliant first post!

Welcome!
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

/me
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby /me » Sun Mar 26, 2006 6:46 pm

Welcome fawad! And don't worry, you've just been caught by the official WhattheFolk Fangirl Filter. It takes even the most profound and intelligent thoughts and transfroms them into juicy morsels of fangirlish delight.

We've all been victims. It's really quite powerful. In fact, if the WattheFolk Fangirl Filter ever were to come in contact with James Joyce's "Ulysses", within a matter of seconds, it could convert the entire text into a single snaking sentence extolling the many and varied virtues of Jemaine's lips. (Not that there's anything wrong with that.)

Again don't worry, the filter strikes randomly, and I feel the force within you is strong. Heck, one post down and you haven't even mentioned Bret's fly booty yet. That's admirable.
Ooooh Flight of the Conchords! You're so big!

:comehere: Conchordians Unite! Join the FotC map!

Kate
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby Kate » Sun Mar 26, 2006 7:10 pm

Welcome, fawad! So nice to see you joined us!

I saw your post in the Guestbook, and was hoping you'd join up. This is a great group of people here, so I know you will enjoy yourself. Nice to have you with us!

indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby indigo_jones » Sun Mar 26, 2006 7:45 pm

/me is in fine form today! :lol:

Heck, one post down and you haven't even mentioned Bret's fly booty yet. That's admirable.

The force is indeed strong with this one (as strong as a small pony, in fact!), but really the flyness of Bret's booty is stronger. I doubt he'll be able to withstand the siren call for much longer.
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

Gayle
Cool Nipples!

Postby Gayle » Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:40 pm

Yes, some bloke told me the force is strong with this one.

Welcome fawad! Sounding completely sane from where I sit (in confinement).

Nice to meet a fellow fan! :D
4 out of 3 people have difficulty with fractions.

Andria
Bootylicious Flygirl

Postby Andria » Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:35 am

*lol* Oh goodness. That was quite the first post. Praise be the Fangirl Filter! :prayer:
Welcome Fawad - it is always great to have a new member of the Secret Society of...erm, wait. You haven't been initiated yet...
Welcome Fawad - happy posting! :D
I'll take your body and cover it with honey, then stick some money to the honey, now you're covered in money, honey. -FotC

Johnnyp
The One Guy

Postby Johnnyp » Mon Mar 27, 2006 2:46 am

Fawad its worth Welcome 8)

Gayle
Cool Nipples!

Postby Gayle » Mon Mar 27, 2006 4:33 am

Johnnyp wrote:Fawad its worth Welcome 8)

:spit:
4 out of 3 people have difficulty with fractions.

jm513
Boom Queen Baby

Postby jm513 » Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:52 am

Bret's Fly Booty........ :nana:

Oh, I'm sorry.........someone just came in and said hi, right? That's why I'm in this thread? Because I saw something about Bret's Fly Booty.......

Welcome Fawad :lol:
"I can't brain today - I haz teh dumb"

fawad-oh-so-prescient
Keeping it funky

Postby fawad-oh-so-prescient » Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:14 am

/me wrote:Welcome fawad! And don't worry, you've just been caught by the official WhattheFolk Fangirl Filter. It takes even the most profound and intelligent thoughts and transfroms them into juicy morsels of fangirlish delight.

We've all been victims. It's really quite powerful. In fact, if the WattheFolk Fangirl Filter ever were to come in contact with James Joyce's "Ulysses", within a matter of seconds, it could convert the entire text into a single snaking sentence extolling the many and varied virtues of Jemaine's lips. (Not that there's anything wrong with that.)

Again don't worry, the filter strikes randomly, and I feel the force within you is strong. Heck, one post down and you haven't even mentioned Bret's fly booty yet. That's admirable.

wait... ...does that make me gay? now?

um.

i hadn't realized that there was a free 30-day homosexuality sample membership involved in joining the...um....

does he have a nice booty, really? and those are some mick jagger--no no.

no this is wrong.

i don't mean it in a gay way!
not so much a virgin as much as a...well, virgin. and 27, too. really quite amazing. god i'm depressed.

/me
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby /me » Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:48 pm

And lo, it was written in the Book of Conchordia, BBC radio show, part 2 (19:45) that it is perfectly acceptable for one heterosexual guy to tell another heterosexual guy his booty is fly.

Well, that's my interpretation, and I'm sticking to it!Image
Ooooh Flight of the Conchords! You're so big!

:comehere: Conchordians Unite! Join the FotC map!

fawad-oh-so-prescient
Keeping it funky

you made it into a religion? my god.

Postby fawad-oh-so-prescient » Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:48 am

if you put a wig on him, i might go for it.

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:46 am

Heheheh

The Bloke (aka my boyfriend) and I watched your Muslim Cowboys clip. Laughed lots at stuff. The Eagle cracked us up, his dancing was awesome. As did the toilet roll face mask. We only realised what it was when it began to fall off :lol:

Anyways, glad to see you are finding your feet here :)

See you around

Sherry

fawad-oh-so-prescient
Keeping it funky

belated but updated, the eagle will be landing

Postby fawad-oh-so-prescient » Sat Jun 10, 2006 10:08 am

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the eagle's getting married in two weeks!

i'm gonna go to georgia for it. visit atlanta and augusta. just how it is isn't it. always a cowboy, never an eagle.

ah well.

glad you guys enjoyed it! thanks for watching!!!!! i'll pass on the compliments :-D (gonna see if i can get them to play the clip at his wedding.)

Return to “Introduce yourself - Feel free say hello here before posting. Thanks”