So why not me?

New to Flight of The Conchords? Or just new to the site and forums? Either way, please take a minute to stop by and say hello. Cheers!
Jantje
New arrival

So why not me?

Postby Jantje » Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:45 pm

Heya,

I'm Jan, 21 autumns, winters and soon springs and summers old. Today I saw some songs from the Flight for the very first time and it was because I liked and like it that much that I ended up here.

about me? well I like singing and playing 8 or 9 chords on my guitar (that's all I know really :D) I also play volleyball and I used to play football.

And of course I hope to see the boys for real once. So I'll be eager to hear whether and when they'll come to Europe again :) (as Belgium will be a bridge too far)

indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby indigo_jones » Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:49 pm

Welcome Jan!

FotC is good at creating instant fascination and the need to find out more (more! more!) as soon as possible. Thank goodness for Sherry and her wonderful site!
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Re: So why not me?

Postby Sherry » Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:52 pm

Hoi Jan :wave:

Greetings from across the paddling pool that is the Channel :) Considering you only came across the guys a few hours ago (I read an earlier post), you are doing great :prayer: Impressed :lol:

And don't give up hope, the guys have played in the Netherlands before, so anything is possible :)

Hope you like it here and enjoy :) A friendly bunch of people post here and always happy to see new members signing up to talk Conchords and other things.

Cheers

Sherry

Jantje
New arrival

Postby Jantje » Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:59 pm

whiii, now that is what I call fast :D

already checked out the 'visions' here on the site, will do the audio tomorrow, after my exam that is, which reminds I'd better get some sleep ;)

and thanx for giving me hope sherry :)

Pineapple
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby Pineapple » Mon Jun 05, 2006 11:32 pm

Welcome! Yeah that's about it... and 8 or 9 chords is good, I can only play the Simpsons theme on guitar. And that ain't even chords :lol:

And good luck with the exam :)
'Along comes Michael... On his bicycle... Lookin' as cool as a Fisher and Paykel...'

fawad-oh-so-prescient
Keeping it funky

dosvedanya!

Postby fawad-oh-so-prescient » Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:19 am

hello. welcome to america.
not so much a virgin as much as a...well, virgin. and 27, too. really quite amazing. god i'm depressed.

Klok
Giving the paper to the people

Postby Klok » Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:52 pm

Howdy Jan, your 8 or 9 chords on the guitar beats my 'strum and hope' technique that I have nearly perfected.... NEARLY
A brilliant Scrubs quote.

Elliot: My life is a mess!
J.D.: At least you're pretty.
Elliot: Yeah, well, pretty don't pay the rent!
Carla: It does for my sister.
Elliot: Oh, my God, your sister's a prostitute?
Carla: She's a model. Come on, Elliot, we talked about thinking before we speak.

Return to “Introduce yourself - Feel free say hello here before posting. Thanks”