Newish Person

New to Flight of The Conchords? Or just new to the site and forums? Either way, please take a minute to stop by and say hello. Cheers!
Linda
New arrival

Newish Person

Postby Linda » Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:18 am

Hello to you all.

I caught episode 3 of the BBC radio program here in NZ by accident, whilst on a car trip. Usually I play CD’s but for some reason (Divine intervention?) I was channel surfing the radio & it caught my ear. I was laughing in the car driving along the motorway & when I got to my destination the program hadn’t finished so I sat outside & listened ‘til it had, laughing my head of.

Since then, I’ve bought their live CD, the BBC CD & gathered all I can from the Internet. I can’t believe that I live in Wellington & had never heard of them ‘til that radio broadcast.

I just love their sense of humour. :D
Congratulations on a great site.

A very happy Linda
Sorry, I was just eating a banana

indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby indigo_jones » Sat Sep 09, 2006 1:14 pm

Welcome Linda! Divine intervention of one sort or another got a lot of us interested in FotC, so I like to think you're in good company.
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

Johnnyp
The One Guy

Postby Johnnyp » Sat Sep 09, 2006 7:08 pm

Hello Linda. It takes a while for the hot water to get to the shower in the back bedroom but besides that everything is "A#1" here.

Pineapple
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby Pineapple » Sun Sep 10, 2006 1:44 am

Welcome Linda!

I know how you feel, living in NZ and never hearing of these comic geniuses!
'Along comes Michael... On his bicycle... Lookin' as cool as a Fisher and Paykel...'

Andria
Bootylicious Flygirl

Postby Andria » Sun Sep 10, 2006 3:16 am

Welcome Linda! It's always super spiffy to see new faces around here. Glad you decided to pipe in.
I'll take your body and cover it with honey, then stick some money to the honey, now you're covered in money, honey. -FotC

Deirdre
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby Deirdre » Tue Sep 12, 2006 1:46 am

Kia ora Linda,

Welcome aboard. You know, this time last year I didn't even know that Maori was a word. :whitey:

Needless to say, it was about a year ago that many of us found this great site about those great guys. You have some built in admirers here. Since last year, quite a few WTFers have become enamoured with New Zealand and the Kiwi People. :heartbeat:

We just love our Pineapple and Beckster... Meli and Beck, to be precise. :worry:

Pineapple
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby Pineapple » Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:48 am

Deirdre wrote:We just love our Pineapple and Beckster... Meli and Beck, to be precise. :worry:

Aww! :bighug:

'Along comes Michael... On his bicycle... Lookin' as cool as a Fisher and Paykel...'

Return to “Introduce yourself - Feel free say hello here before posting. Thanks”