hello all

New to Flight of The Conchords? Or just new to the site and forums? Either way, please take a minute to stop by and say hello. Cheers!
dan
Lost but happy at sea

hello all

Postby dan » Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:12 am

i was introduced to the genius that is flight of the conchords by a friend last year. He played me an audio clip of "the humans are dead". Then a few weeks later he downloaded the entire hbo one night stand show. It was literally one of the funniest things I have ever seen. I'm hanging out for the doco on tv3 tomorrow and can't wait for the hbo sitcom. I still shake my head in disbelief that nz tv has ignored these guys for so long, especially when I think of some of the crap they've shown in the mean time!

I've been an occasional vistor to this site over the past few months, just keepin up to date with all things conchords. Thought i'd sign up and say hi
what a hilarious misunderstanding...

Pineapple
Registered Rhymnecologist

Re: hello all

Postby Pineapple » Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:26 am

dan wrote:I still shake my head in disbelief that nz tv has ignored these guys for so long, especially when I think of some of the crap they've shown in the mean time!

Same here! Welcome Dan, hope you enjoy the forums :D
'Along comes Michael... On his bicycle... Lookin' as cool as a Fisher and Paykel...'

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Tue Oct 17, 2006 8:11 am

Hi Dan :)

Its a shame that they have been overlooked by TV till now. IIRC it was TVNZ that passed on airing the HBO One Night Stand a while back. TV3 have I think picked it up and plan to air it sometime in the not too distant future after the documentary.

The guys always had support back home :) Loyal 'fan'base (hate the word but until a new one is invented it'll have to suffice) who knew a good thing when they saw it even if TV execs didn't 8)

Anyways, welcome aboard.

indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby indigo_jones » Tue Oct 17, 2006 3:48 pm

Welcome, Dan!
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

beck

Postby beck » Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:17 pm

Hey hey! Another Kiwi!
"'I'm sorry' and 'I apologise' are the same...except at a funeral" - Demitri Martin

Deirdre
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby Deirdre » Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:37 am

Hey there Dan from Auckland.

Glad you found the guys and us.

Tell me what you think of that girl on the documentary who had Jemaine's lips in her purse? I read that the guys kept in touch with her for a little while. Did she seem a bit freaky? :lol: I really wanted to see that part. :P

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:55 am

Deirdre wrote:Tell me what you think of that girl on the documentary who had Jemaine's lips in her purse? I read that the guys kept in touch with her for a little while. Did she seem a bit freaky? :lol: I really wanted to see that part. :P

Awwww D :hug:

And I'm sure you will get to see it, I'm sure you will :D

Deirdre

Postby Deirdre » Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:13 am

Shh... :shhh: He didn't know it was me.

I wanted an honest opinion from someone who thought that lady was just some strange chick in Texas. :doomed:

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:24 am

Deirdre wrote:I wanted an honest opinion from someone who thought that lady was just some strange chick in Texas. :doomed:

But to the NZ viewing audience that lady will be 'some strange chick in Texas' :lol: I'm sure feedback on her will be forthcoming :P

:sofa:

Pineapple

Postby Pineapple » Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:28 am

Aw D, we know you're not strange! :D I was no more disturbed than I was when I saw my mum's Johnny Depp desktop background. :lol: O wait :shock:

'Along comes Michael... On his bicycle... Lookin' as cool as a Fisher and Paykel...'

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:31 am

Pineapple wrote:Aw D, we know you're not strange! :D I was no more disturbed than I was when I saw my mum's Johnny Depp desktop background. :lol: O wait :shock:

:roll2:

This lil guy :shock: is brilliant on the end of such sentences :bounce:

Pineapple

Postby Pineapple » Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:50 am

O yeah 8) This little dude :shock: is definitely my favourite emote. I have an identical one on MSN that evens twitches its eye.
Last edited by Pineapple on Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Deirdre

Postby Deirdre » Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:51 am

Yeah, you guys keep telling yourselves that. :nod: You haven't seen the show yet. :roll2:

And anyway, my strangeness, if we want to call it that, is really a form of artistic eccentricity. :eyelashes:

I'll just have to judge for myself because you guys are too nice and polite to say anything that might hurt my poor little feeling. :goodman:

And I love you for it! :bighug:

I know I'll see it eventually. *wink, wink* :doh: Did I just say that? :eh:

Thanks!

Pineapple

Postby Pineapple » Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:59 am

Well, so long as you love me for it aye :lol:

dan
Lost but happy at sea

Postby dan » Thu Oct 19, 2006 11:09 pm

Deirdre wrote:Tell me what you think of that girl on the documentary who had Jemaine's lips in her purse? I read that the guys kept in touch with her for a little while. Did she seem a bit freaky? :lol: I really wanted to see that part. :P

Freaky's a strong word... I would say it was pretty funny.

Jemaine didn't really seem to know how to respond. It was cool to see WTF get a plug. Seems to have had an effect already with a few kiwis signing up to the forum.
what a hilarious misunderstanding...

Return to “Introduce yourself - Feel free say hello here before posting. Thanks”