Hi all- Have also just watched the show!

New to Flight of The Conchords? Or just new to the site and forums? Either way, please take a minute to stop by and say hello. Cheers!
sparky
New arrival

Hi all- Have also just watched the show!

Postby sparky » Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:39 am

Hi all,
I'm Mark from Hawkes Bay, New Zealand. The 'Flight of the Conchords' documentary just finished 10 minutes ago. Its fantastic to see another Kiwi band doing well and also great to see a fan base in the USA.
I heard on the news that they have a deal with a tv channel in the USA and that their program will air in New Zealand later on(programs always air 'later on' in New Zealand)

Cheers
Mark

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Re: Hi all- Have also just watched the show!

Postby Sherry » Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:55 am

sparky wrote:Hi all,
I'm Mark from Hawkes Bay, New Zealand. The 'Flight of the Conchords' documentary just finished 10 minutes ago. Its fantastic to see another Kiwi band doing well and also great to see a fan base in the USA.
I heard on the news that they have a deal with a tv channel in the USA and that their program will air in New Zealand later on(programs always air 'later on' in New Zealand)

Cheers
Mark

Hey Mark, good to see you.

And yuss, TV series in the making. 12 part HBO comedy wotsit based on them. Similar to their BBC radio show last year. Only TV. And IIRC their HBO One Night Stand should be airing on NZ TV in the not too distant future also.

And fans are everywhere. This site gets hits from all over. There is a thread somewhere with all the far flung place we have had traffic from. Ah here http://www.whatthefolk.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=230

Everywhere from Saudi Arabia to Chine and Estonia to Cocos (Keeling) Islands. And umm Korea (South), Antarctica, Honduras, Poland, Mexico and Croatia, Samoa, Russian Federation and the Czech Republic....

yeah its in that tread. I try to update it when some new places catch my eye. Its cool people are liking the Conchords.

See you around :)

indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby indigo_jones » Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:22 pm

Welcome Mark!
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

Pineapple
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby Pineapple » Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:14 pm

Yo Mark! Welcome :D
'Along comes Michael... On his bicycle... Lookin' as cool as a Fisher and Paykel...'

dan
Lost but happy at sea

Postby dan » Thu Oct 19, 2006 11:13 pm

welcome aboard mark.

good to see word's getting around
what a hilarious misunderstanding...

Andria
Bootylicious Flygirl

Postby Andria » Fri Oct 20, 2006 2:04 am

Welcome Mark :D
I'll take your body and cover it with honey, then stick some money to the honey, now you're covered in money, honey. -FotC

Deirdre
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby Deirdre » Fri Oct 20, 2006 2:19 am

Kia Ora Mark. :D

beck
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby beck » Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:44 am

Hey Mark!! I'm from the HB too! In fact, Hawkes Bay was where I first saw FOTC live!
"'I'm sorry' and 'I apologise' are the same...except at a funeral" - Demitri Martin

Return to “Introduce yourself - Feel free say hello here before posting. Thanks”