Hi there

New to Flight of The Conchords? Or just new to the site and forums? Either way, please take a minute to stop by and say hello. Cheers!
relative2bret
New arrival

Hi there

Postby relative2bret » Fri Oct 20, 2006 3:35 am

Hi there all....thought I would introduce myself...I am Bret Mckenzies fathers partners sister...if that makes sense. Ive known Brett for over ten years, but really didnt pay much attention to his band until I saw the documentary last night, heard about this website...and here I am hooked! Loved The black Seeds, but now Bret has left I think the Flight of the conchords will be my new passion. Saw Bret when he was in Wellington last...and he is as cute as ever!....anyhow nice meeting you all!
Cheers

Pineapple
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby Pineapple » Fri Oct 20, 2006 3:54 am

Hey! Welcome to the forum :D
'Along comes Michael... On his bicycle... Lookin' as cool as a Fisher and Paykel...'

Andria
Bootylicious Flygirl

Postby Andria » Fri Oct 20, 2006 5:39 am

Welcome Relative! :D

I, too, am a Black Seeds fan. You guys get all the best music over there. :)
I'll take your body and cover it with honey, then stick some money to the honey, now you're covered in money, honey. -FotC

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Re: Hi there

Postby Sherry » Fri Oct 20, 2006 7:39 am

relative2bret wrote:Hi there all....thought I would introduce myself...I am Bret Mckenzies fathers partners sister...if that makes sense. Ive known Brett for over ten years, but really didnt pay much attention to his band until I saw the documentary last night, heard about this website...and here I am hooked! Loved The black Seeds, but now Bret has left I think the Flight of the conchords will be my new passion. Saw Bret when he was in Wellington last...and he is as cute as ever!....anyhow nice meeting you all!
Cheers

Tis good you've signed up :wave: Think its cool you've gotten into what the Conchords do.

Mr McKenzie is a cool bloke. I remember swapping many an email with him back in days gone past. Thankfully he has a great sense of humour ;) (anyone remember the LOTR madness days will I am sure understand what I am referring to :wink: )

Anyways, here is hoping we see you around and about posting from time to time.

relative2bret
New arrival

Postby relative2bret » Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:28 am

Ohhh yes LOTR what a whacky time that was! Did you guys know Bret's Dad was also in the movie?...played the part of Elendil....feels like eons ago....have yourself a great day!

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:47 am

relative2bret wrote:Ohhh yes LOTR what a whacky time that was! Did you guys know Bret's Dad was also in the movie?...played the part of Elendil....feels like eons ago....have yourself a great day!

O yeah, do I ever :blush:

*ahem* it was a long time ago and I was young(er) then :rolls:

*goes off muttering*

:stick:

Pineapple

Postby Pineapple » Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:53 am

Sherry wrote:*ahem* it was a long time ago and I was young(er) then :rolls:

*goes off muttering*

:stick:

You can't use youth as an excuse! :P

'Along comes Michael... On his bicycle... Lookin' as cool as a Fisher and Paykel...'

relative2bret
New arrival

Postby relative2bret » Fri Oct 20, 2006 10:00 am

:cry:
Mutter all you like.....better than mumbling with old age.....lol :rolleyes:

beck

Postby beck » Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:30 am

Hey there! Yeah, Black Seeds rock my socks.

Welcome. Related to Bret. Lucky.
"'I'm sorry' and 'I apologise' are the same...except at a funeral" - Demitri Martin

indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby indigo_jones » Fri Oct 20, 2006 1:20 pm

Welcome welcome!
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

Deirdre
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby Deirdre » Fri Oct 20, 2006 9:59 pm

Hi Relative,

I introduced my relatives to the guys. Does that mean that you and I are now related? :rolleyes:

Sorry... just being silly with all these Kiwis joining us. You know, some of us wish we were you guys. It's much cooler to be from NZ than the US these days. 8) Prettier, too. Landscape and the people. :angelic:

Pineapple

Postby Pineapple » Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:37 pm

Deirdre wrote:You know, some of us wish we were you guys. It's much cooler to be from NZ than the US these days. 8) Prettier, too. Landscape and the people. :angelic:

Aww yeah NZ's great BUT... we don't have Easy Cheese! I will die happy if we get Easy Cheese here.

And we don't get HBO :lol:

Deirdre

Postby Deirdre » Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:40 pm

Easy Cheese? :rolleyes:

Please explain. :popcorn:

Pineapple

Postby Pineapple » Sat Oct 21, 2006 12:14 am

Deirdre wrote:Easy Cheese? :rolleyes:

Please explain. :popcorn:

I went to Florida for two weeks in 2001 and returned with a love of Easy Cheese. It's a miracle food. Aerosol cheese. I mean that's just awesome!

It's been more than five years and I'm still hanging out for some :lol: We just recently got Cheerios though, I think we're getting closer :)

Deirdre

Postby Deirdre » Sat Oct 21, 2006 1:51 am

Do you mean like Cheez whiz? Do you have that? And you just got Cheerios? I'm sorry, I don't understand. You guys don't have the same basic foods we do?

I get it now! That's why the rest of the world is not fat! :D

Return to “Introduce yourself - Feel free say hello here before posting. Thanks”