Nice to meetcha!

New to Flight of The Conchords? Or just new to the site and forums? Either way, please take a minute to stop by and say hello. Cheers!
squeedilyspooch
New arrival

Nice to meetcha!

Postby squeedilyspooch » Wed Nov 08, 2006 7:26 am

Hey all, greetings from Wellington, New Zealand. I'm a 20 year old female and I LOOOVE the Conchords. I know I'm going to really enjoy it here.

I learned about this site from the FotC documentary that screened on TV here a few weeks ago. I'm so glad sites like this exist! By the way, I can't remember the name of the woman who has Jemaine's lips in her wallet but I just have to say - you are AWESOME.
Stop touchin' that monkey.

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Wed Nov 08, 2006 7:33 am

Nice to have you here squeedilyspooch. Liking your nick a lot :lol:

The lady in question is Deirdre :D I'm sure she'll be around sometime soon and say hi.

Jump on in on old topics, feel free to wake them up. Of course, post new ones aswell.

Cheers

Sherry

indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby indigo_jones » Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:05 pm

Welcome squee...!

It's great that the documentary led people here.
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

Andria
Bootylicious Flygirl

Postby Andria » Wed Nov 08, 2006 10:41 pm

Welcome Squee, always good to have new people join us.
I'll take your body and cover it with honey, then stick some money to the honey, now you're covered in money, honey. -FotC

Deirdre
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby Deirdre » Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:02 am

Here I am, Squee! Thanks! :adoration:

How cool that you came to WTF because you saw it on the doco. :thumb:

dan
Lost but happy at sea

Postby dan » Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:42 am

welcome aboard :D
what a hilarious misunderstanding...

squeedilyspooch
New arrival

Postby squeedilyspooch » Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:17 am

Thanks everyone!

It was a brilliant doco. My friends and I were laughing all the way through it. I loooove the Conchords. :heart:

By the way, do the guys themselves ever come here?

Deirdre
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby Deirdre » Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:51 am

Jemaine came here once to thank us for a really cool birthday card we sent him. It was an amazing card created by Nicole with the input of several other talented people on the site. Plus, we all wrote a personal note. If anyone has a copy, perhaps they would share and you could get a sense of who we all were back then.

Other than that, he has never visited "unveiled." Am I implying that he visits secretly? Perhaps. But I'll never tell, :whistle: because I truly don't know. :D

beck
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby beck » Thu Nov 09, 2006 9:45 am

Hey!!

The Wellington contingent is growing! Yay! Hopefully if they play a gig sometime I'll see ya there!
"'I'm sorry' and 'I apologise' are the same...except at a funeral" - Demitri Martin

Pineapple

Re: Nice to meetcha!

Postby Pineapple » Thu Nov 09, 2006 9:46 am

squeedilyspooch wrote:Hey all, greetings from Wellington, New Zealand. I'm a 20 year old female and I LOOOVE the Conchords. I know I'm going to really enjoy it here.

I learned about this site from the FotC documentary that screened on TV here a few weeks ago. I'm so glad sites like this exist! By the way, I can't remember the name of the woman who has Jemaine's lips in her wallet but I just have to say - you are AWESOME.

Welcome! :D :D :D Yeah, the doco was so awesome!

Your avatar looks eerily familiar :shock: Is that Amanda Palmer? My eyes may be deceiving me, they often do.

Anyway, enjoy the forum :yay:
'Along comes Michael... On his bicycle... Lookin' as cool as a Fisher and Paykel...'

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Thu Nov 09, 2006 10:12 am

Deirdre wrote:Jemaine came here once to thank us for a really cool birthday card we sent him. It was an amazing card created by Nicole with the input of several other talented people on the site. Plus, we all wrote a personal note. If anyone has a copy, perhaps they would share and you could get a sense of who we all were back then.

Other than that, he has never visited "unveiled." Am I implying that he visits secretly? Perhaps. But I'll never tell, :whistle: because I truly don't know. :D

lol D :lol:

Put it this way, with regard to the guys visiting, Jemaine knew all about the interest certain *ahem* ladies had with the gap in his teeth way back :rolls: He was much 'amused and flattered'. And that was before he signed up and posted :wink:

I know Bret visited the site not so long back as he dropped an email about it. But he's one of those people who don't have as much contact with computers and the internet as some of us :whistle: I know they check the site out, like it and appreciate what I do :blush: So long as they are cool with it all and what I do here :) Thats enough for me.

I recall Jemaine commenting once ages back, that he used the gig listings on WTF! to check where they were playing their upcoming dates on a summer tour :bounce: That summer they gave me the locations but not the dates (they didn't have them) and I spent hours tracking down the venues dates and times all over the UK and Ireland, to compile the complete listing of their UK and Ireland tour :thud: Nice to know it came in handy for the guys :roll:

Anyways :topic: or someone start a new thread or find one thats already discussing this stuff :stick:

squeedilyspooch
New arrival

Postby squeedilyspooch » Thu Nov 09, 2006 10:24 am

LOL. They're so funny :wink:

Pineapple, you're right on! My avatar is Amanda Palmer. I really love the Dresden Dolls :D

And GO WELLINGTON!!

Pineapple

Postby Pineapple » Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:49 pm

squeedilyspooch wrote:Pineapple, you're right on! My avatar is Amanda Palmer. I really love the Dresden Dolls :D

And GO WELLINGTON!!

ME TOO! :D Both, I mean. The Dresden Dolls and Wellington :lol:

'Along comes Michael... On his bicycle... Lookin' as cool as a Fisher and Paykel...'

Johnnyp
The One Guy

Postby Johnnyp » Thu Nov 09, 2006 10:27 pm

I was the one who had to convice Miss D to show Jemaine the picture. She tried to back out but I wouldn't let her. :lol:

squeedilyspooch
New arrival

Postby squeedilyspooch » Thu Nov 09, 2006 10:37 pm

Hehee. That's awesome. She did look a bit nervous. :wink: But good on her for doing it!!

Return to “Introduce yourself - Feel free say hello here before posting. Thanks”