New to both the board and FOTC...

New to Flight of The Conchords? Or just new to the site and forums? Either way, please take a minute to stop by and say hello. Cheers!
GeauxTiger
New arrival

New to both the board and FOTC...

Postby GeauxTiger » Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:22 pm

I sort of feel like the last to arrive...sorry! I happened across the guys as many probably are soon to...by seeing clips of the upcoming HBO series. I'm a big fan of dry humor, and was intrigued by the clips of show.

I accidentally found the HBO One Night Stand show that HBO currently has on their On Demand section. I thought I had missed the premiere of the series and was trying to watch it there. As it turns out, it was a live concert from a couple of years back.

That was about 5 days ago...and I haven't stopped laughing since!

In that time I've found this site, conchords.net, and a host of various You Tube videos. I'm hooked.

As a newbie to the fold, are there any things I need to get to sort of catch up? I have seen where they don't currently have a DVD out, and that they will have an album on Sub Pop later in 2007...but have they put out anything else I should get to get the full-on FOTC experience?

Thanks...and great site!

indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby indigo_jones » Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:36 pm

Even though you seem to be an LSU fan and I myself am a Green Wave alum, I will welcome you here, because FotC is a unifier! Bringing the world together one funny song at a time!

As for stuff to track down, definitely get their Folk the World CD. There's also the BBC radio show they did last year that's available on CD now, as well. If you're enjoying the HBO previews, you'll probably really love the radio show. The actual What the Folk site has all of this info and it's definitely worth surfing around the site to learn pretty much everything you could possibly want to learn.

So, welcome!

Go Green Wave! :bolt:
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

GeauxTiger
New arrival

Goodness gracious...what are the odds?

Postby GeauxTiger » Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:20 pm

Yes...LSU fan!

Image[/URL]

Who'd have thunk it? I come to a FOTC website and run across a Greenie! I grew up right outside of NOLA, and spent quite a bit of time on Tulane's campus as a kid for various field trip type deals. As an LSU fan, I'd always wear every piece of Tiger clothing I owned at the time for those trips. My teachers would always give me a hard time about it...but funny thing, not one Tulane student EVER said a word. As you know, most don't really pay a whole lot of attention to the athletic teams...and a large percentage are from out of state. Anyway...yes. All can live here in harmony! (except for Auburn fans...hehehe)

Anyway...thanks for the welcome. Can I order those CD's from that website you linked?

In the meantime, I'll spend some "getting to know you" time on the forum here and see if I can find out some thing on my own.

Thanks...and see your Greenies in the 'Dome this September!

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:42 pm

Welcome to the forum GT :)

Glad you've been laughing lots the last 5 days :lol:

Hope you like the forum and find the stuff on the main site useful in your quest for Conchords info.

Cheers

Sherry

GeauxTiger
New arrival

Thanks Sherry...

Postby GeauxTiger » Thu Jun 14, 2007 6:36 pm

nice place you've got here. And nice write up in USA Today. Congrats!

indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby indigo_jones » Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:07 pm

Yeah, Tulane and athletics don't go together that much, and that's not really something I mind, honestly. I like our good education rep. Although our basketball team did quite well the years I was there.

I did go to a Tulane Army football game (at West Point) one time when I was living up in NY and I got a laugh when one of the cadets said "Go Green Wave!" as we passed him. I suspect he was a Louisiana native and couldn't give up his Green Wave loyalties, even if he was studying at West Point. ;)

But back to the real topic ... Yes, you can order the CDs I mentioned from that site I linked to. It's a NZ site (Folk the World isn't available in the US, unfortunately), but it's not actually that expensive (we still win with the NZ exchange rate). I definitely recommend getting Folk the World. It's a fantastic album and has some of my favorite songs on it.
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

Deirdre
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby Deirdre » Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:24 pm

I'd say that the Folk the World CD is the best thing you can buy with your money at this very moment. I say this very moment because it can take a while for it to arrive. And it really is a joy to listen to.

While you are waiting for it, you can download the BBC Radio show from audible.com. That way you have immediate gratification. Check out the thread on it in the forums. Sherry wrote a synopsis each week for the six episodes. It really is quite hilarious.

Return to “Introduce yourself - Feel free say hello here before posting. Thanks”