You guessed it... NEW.

New to Flight of The Conchords? Or just new to the site and forums? Either way, please take a minute to stop by and say hello. Cheers!
xx_Sparky
New arrival

You guessed it... NEW.

Postby xx_Sparky » Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:27 am

Well... here goes nothing...

I'm Sparky... hi. I'm not about to give away my true name. That's right... you guys get my amazing nickname to start out with.... ^^
This was taken during a photoshoot being conducted by a friend. I was in highschool, then... and this friend needed subjects for her photography assignment. It's one of my favorite photographs of me besides the ones I had taken for senior year.

Lez see...

First off... Imma loser. I have far too many obsessions and I'm not about to go into them. Well... maybe a few... F of the C being my newest one.

I like: Movies, music, singing, writing, drawing, painting, and acting like a complete maniac.

I'm 19 years old(Birthday=July 7th) and I just finished up my freshman year at a very prestigious private art college(sorry... I just like to brag about my amazing school...) and I'm an illustration major. Although, I'm proud to say that I wanted to be an animation major and I really wanted to do stop motion animation for a living. Unfortunately, I discovered that I don't really have the patience. I love it anyway, though.

I have amazing friends... This was taken outside of a 'haunted house' in my hometown. It was one of those hot summer nights and we acted like it was one of those cool winter nights. The girl in the middle is my bestest best friend. She will do anything with me... she even went to see Eagle vs. Shark with me without knowing what it was about. She ended up liking it anyway...

I have my own style to take care of... and my friends are what I live for, in all honesty. If I do feel awful and I ponder what I can do to end that, I think of God, then I think of my friends and what they might think. Why abandon the things and people you love? I shall continue, then:
I consider myself cute... not beautiful. Maybe I just consider myself ugly sometimes.
Please, call me Sparky or Scruff. My other names and nicknames include: L.J., L.Hey, Lil' Bit, Sparkish, Sparkeh, Spark, Snax, Shorty, Scruffy Puppy, Little One, und Little Lady.
I have been attending shows and musicals since I was five years old. I will always hold a special place in my heart for theater.
There's something about British shows and comedy that I love...
Chinese culture is amazing. I adore it.
I'm an anime freak.
I've met some neat people....

Neat People I've Met:
Anthony Rapp(Mark in Rent.. I've met him twice, actually)
Jon Foreman(lead singer of Switchfoot)
Gris Grimly(my inspiration)
Billy Boyd(AKA Pippin)
The guy who played Faramir in LOTR
Richard Kelly(Director of Donnie Darko)
Carl Anderson(the guy who originated the role of Judas in JC Superstar)
Vince Remoldi(a guy who played a character in the film Camp)
Ted Neeley(originator of Jesus in JC Superstar)
Seth Green
James Duvall(Frank in Donnie Darko)
Kepi from The Groovie Ghoulies... one of my fav bands.
Flippin' HAL SPARKS(which I'm terribly proud of since I adore him like crazy!)

And I think that's about all... I plan on meeting more, of course. ^^

This is me at a charity event... thingy... For Invisible Children. You should all check it out. It's a documentary about the civil war in Uganda and the kids who are stuck in the middle. It's a very heart wrenching film made by a person who I've known for quite a while.

Another one outside of that house. We had way too much fun at this place.

My hair is dyed fun colors, as you can all tell. Red and black is my current color combination and I am planning on sticking with it until I maybe die... well... at least until my mind changes.

Oh... I'm an insanely insane geek. I go to conventions and I dress up for them. It's sad. But I love it... tons of fun here we come.

I also sing a lot... I mean... A LOT. All of my friends at art school were rather surprised when I broke out into song... with my soprano voice and all. I've been doing this since I was 5, mind you...

See? Loser... Sparky's a loser... but that's OK. My friends and I were at a park after my highschool graduation party. One of my homies decided to put my hair in a sort of palm tree thing... and we just took tons of pictures. It was one of my favorite days.

More loser action... actually... this is only my favorite picture ever. Mainly because it's at Disneyland... We were trying on hats. And that's that.

Told ya I had cool friends. This was taken outside the Exploritorium in San Francisco. My friend desperately wanted to see the swans there... so.. we took a bus, we walked, we ran... we skipped. We did everything we could to get to the Exploritorium just to see a few huge water fowl.

Infamous sheep picture. And my ugliest picture... This was at the fair in my hometown a few years ago. I was too excited about petting a sheep, apparently.

I saw him in Japantown... it was love at first sight. Taken in a video store in San Fran's Japantown. Great food and great entertainment. What else could you ask for?

GAWD...I need to get a life... This is what my friends and I do when we find an abandoned cart outside of Borders... we take advantage of the photo op and then I have to ride in the cart all the way to the car. This is what I get for being so small.

My kind of music:
Rasputina, Switchfoot, Newsboys, The Horrors, Hola Ghost, Modest Mouse, Queen, Ugly Casanova, The Arcade Fire, Johnny Cash, The Black Heart Procession, Zox, Stolen Babies, Zombie Ghost Train, Calabrese, Flogging Molly, Zero 1, The White Stripes, The Raconteurs, The Academy Is..., I am Ghost, The Beatles, Horrorpops, The Groovie Ghoulies, Rolling Stones, Heart, Duran Duran, Tears for Fears, Blondie, David Bowie, F of the C, and some generic stuff... and soundtracks.... lots and lots of soundtracks.

Told ya I was insane.. am insane... yeah. Another Disneyland picture... we were waiting in line for some ride and I began secretly holding my friend like this... she didn't even notice.

I have a weird obsession with squirrels...
And Gris Grimly... if you don't know who he is, do check him out... NOW: www.madcreator.com
I am so obsessed with art it's not funny. Art is a major part of my life and I can't live without drawing or painting.
I'm also an avid roleplayer, but that's something I like keeping hidden...
I'm a major film freak. I have yet to see every film created, but a lot of people say I'm close... psh... yeah right.

Movies I'm Sorta Obsessed With:
Donnie Darko
Rocky Horror Picture Show
Pirates of the Caribbean 1 and 2
Benny and Joon
Spirited Away
Dragonheart
Princess Mononoke
The Nightmare Before Christmas
Edward Scissorhands
Rent
Brazil
V for Vendetta
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
The Matrix
Moulin Rouge
The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari
City Lights
Beetlejuice
Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Labyrinth
Cabaret
Hair
JC Superstar
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
Fight Club
The Godfather
Ghost World
Grindhouse
Pan's Labyrinth
Children of Men
Eagle vs. Shark :D

And plenty of others. To see my complete list, check out my Myspace: www.myspace.com/squirrel_obsession

I'm pretty convinced that I've seen every musical created, though. ^_^
My favorite colour combo is black and red, as you could probably tell by now.
I turned 18 the day PotC 2 came out and I'm not going to stop bragging about it.
My parents are divorced... they split when I was 2.
My older sister is mentally and physically disabled.
I'm totally single.
I'm short... 5 foot.
I have purdy hazel eyes.

Me and the designated gay.... AKA, one of my BEST friends. It's great to be naturally goofy sometimes.

I try to wear something different and interesting each day... even if that consists of my awesome pinstriped vest.
I can't leave the house without me studded belt... I feel naked if I don't wear it.
I am a Christian, but I'm not as strong in my faith as I used to be.
Oprah thinks she's God.
That's why I say "Oh my Oprah!" instead of "Oh my God!"
It's more fun to say 'bejesus' instead of 'Jesus' as far as using the Lord's name in vain goes.
I don't like to watch gory movies, but I like to read about gory movies or read gory books/graphic novels. Needless to say, that's recently changed since I saw 'Grindhouse'... I can see anything, now.
Skulls fascinate me... that's why I wear a lot of things with skulls on them. I'm wearing a pair of pajama pants with skulls all over them. ^^
God damn me for owning a crap load of Pirate stuff.
That includes a life size cardboard cut-out of Cap'n Jack Sparrow... I got it yesterday.
I love hanging out with my friends and we love driving around, yelling stuff out the window.
We also like to fake pray to Oprah and talk during movies... well... my friend Ryan does... I just listen.

Things I Don't Like:
Onions and tomatoes
I'm pretty sure I don't like eggplant, too.
People who stare at me funny.
Fakers... those who act like they like me when I can tell they really don't.
When a cute guy doesn't notice me like I notice him...
When my friends call me too much...
When people are inconsiderate towards your plans and who you are.
When folks don't take me seriously.
Bad artwork... especially the really, really modern/minimalistic(sp?) kind.
Awful films that everyone loves.
Emo bands.
The emo/scene trend.
Rap.
Disrespect. ^^
I hate talking on the phone and I don't really like seeing people I know in a random place... it's always so awkward to talk to them... you don't quite know what to say. Well... I don't, at least.

That's me with an umbrella... waiting outside of a show with my friend... who took the picture. I look way too happy.

I have to read the comics in the newspaper a certain way or I get totally screwed up.
I have major ADD... I take medication for it.
I have thing for cute teachers.... and musicians.

Well... I think that sums everything up. Sorry for this excrutiatingly prolonged explanation of my life.

Cheers for now!
~Sparky

P.S. Check out my artwork: http://sparky808.deviantart.com/
Last edited by xx_Sparky on Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.
What are we doing?

We're breaking it down.

Johnnyp
The One Guy

Postby Johnnyp » Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:42 pm

Well Sparky welcome aboard but you should really post a few more pics and captions. I don't think we know quite enough about you yet.

xx_Sparky
New arrival

Postby xx_Sparky » Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:58 pm

Ah... OK...

Well... be prepared for the complete bio of moi... ^^

I hope no one runs away screaming.
What are we doing?

We're breaking it down.

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:34 pm

Nah still here. Takes more than that to scare us

:bolt:

:lol: Good to have you aboard. At some point when my flaming internet is working for longer than 10 minutes at a time I'll check out some of your stuff on deviantart :)

xx_Sparky
New arrival

Postby xx_Sparky » Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:00 pm

It's good to know that I don't scare people as much as I thought I would. ^^
Thanks for sticking around to read my bio! Haha!

Please do visit my DeviantArt. I haven't been on DA in a while... but I still like it when people visit my profile.
What are we doing?

We're breaking it down.

poptartgirl
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby poptartgirl » Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:41 pm

Watch out for Johnny's sarcasm ; it's a lethal weapon :P :lol: .
“We tell you lies, and if you laugh, they’re jokes.”

"all I wanted to say is "May I rock you ?"

xx_Sparky
New arrival

Postby xx_Sparky » Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:55 pm

I hate sarcasm on the internet... it gets me confused....

And now I feel like an over achiever...
What are we doing?

We're breaking it down.

Johnnyp
The One Guy

Postby Johnnyp » Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:11 pm

poptartgirl wrote:Watch out for Johnny's sarcasm ; it's a lethal weapon :P :lol: .

Yep. :shhh: :lol:

Return to “Introduce yourself - Feel free say hello here before posting. Thanks”