Hey You'ns! New but wanting to dive right in.

New to Flight of The Conchords? Or just new to the site and forums? Either way, please take a minute to stop by and say hello. Cheers!
Shangri-LahLah
New arrival

Hey You'ns! New but wanting to dive right in.

Postby Shangri-LahLah » Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:21 pm

Oh my GAWD!!!
Heard about the guys on NPR's Fresh Air and MAN was I glad. Tuned into the HBO series and was HOOKED - not in a bad way like the time I went fishing as a child and caught a sunny with a hook right into its eye, but in a good way, as if the fish said, "here's my eye, put your barb into it please, then haul me out and put me into a hot greased pan." Watched the documentary re: the Texas adventure on YouTube. And everything else I could get. Wow.
Want to see all I can see, hear all I can hear. I love hearing different versions of the same song, the evolution and changes, and it's all so funny - and not smarmy funny, but smart-funny, even "witty." And their talents fit so perfectly together! Where were these guys all my life? I keep thinking the "overload" light will go on, but I can't get enough!

I am relieved to find out that there is a community out in the world where my recent Conchord conversion (Conchordversion?) doesn't make me a single freak, but one among many, and together, we are strong! :D
OK, maybe that was a little over the top, especially for an intro.
Hugs,
SLL (Shangri-LahLah)

P.S. Absently wondering if there is anything I can do to make my man have lips that are more like Jemaine's - bee stings, perhaps? But if bee stings would work, my next question is could I him to hold still? (I love him dearly - but the poor chap's lips are only a pink line drawn on with crayon).

Deirdre
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby Deirdre » Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:34 am

Welcome! Glad you found us. :group:

I've heard tell that one of our members from a long time ago loved Jemaine's lips. Her husband chose to propose to her wearing a pair of wax lips. I have no idea how he asked since the lips are not movable. But that's all I've got for ya.

PS: K and A, if you are out there reading this, give us a hello.

Return to “Introduce yourself - Feel free say hello here before posting. Thanks”