What should I get the Conchords to sign?

The place where all the 2009 North American Tour is now living. Gig threads, pre and post gig threads, meet and greets, the works. All found here.
osmiumtiger
New arrival
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:59 pm

What should I get the Conchords to sign?

Postby osmiumtiger » Tue May 27, 2008 3:15 am

Hey folkers (sorry couldn't resist. After all what better way to introduce yourself than with a bad joke? Well, I suppose a good joke, but i digress.) I'm going to the May 30th concert at the Orpheum. I was lucky to get balcony seats! Yes, that's right balcony power! I'm planning on crowd surfing if I survive the fall. Anything to get a better view! Once again, I'm off topic. Anyways, I need some ideas on what I should get the Conchords to sign. I have a ton of stuff from them (all their CDs, One Night Stand, SXSW documentary, etc.), but it's all in digital form. So, perhaps they could sign my hard drive? (It works just like a Walkman) So, if you guys could help me pick something for them to sign I would greatly appreciate it.
Here are my current choices:
*8.5x11 paper (paper, white paper
Paper paper Stick it together with tape
Paper paper The tape of love
People people
People people
Pencil pencil
Pencil pencil
Paper paper
Put the pencil to the paper
Give the paper to the people
Let the people read about the sello tape
Oh baby baby
Yeah)
*A poster that I got at the LA Marathon expo when I ran in 2007 (One of the few posters that I have)


Any other suggestions are welcome!

Edit: I just remembered that you can buy posters there. So, to that i say:

I would prefer to have them sign something less... conventional. Something much crazier. Or sillier. Or Pythonesque.
My username means nothing, symbolizes nothing, and is in fact a figment of your imagination.

User avatar
Nancy
Persona Non Regatta
Posts: 9055
Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 9:40 pm

Postby Nancy » Tue May 27, 2008 5:28 am

I think some of the most inventive things the guys have signed have to do with the HBO show - someone in NY had them sign a real cake, someone in another city had them sign a musical card, so any far out reference to the show would probably go over well.
Not that they could sign them, but if you were to stop at the stage door before the show and drop off a bag of guitar picks, I think they'd love it - word has it that they usually are very low on picks, and I'm sure they would be greatly appreciated.
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!

User avatar
dangerous person
David Bowie's nipple antennae
Posts: 1268
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:26 am

Postby dangerous person » Tue May 27, 2008 9:21 am

Nancy Hillner wrote:Not that they could sign them, but if you were to stop at the stage door before the show and drop off a bag of guitar picks, I think they'd love it - word has it that they usually are very low on picks, and I'm sure they would be greatly appreciated.

Yes, get them to sign the invoice for the picks :wink:

osmiumtiger
New arrival
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:59 pm

Postby osmiumtiger » Tue May 27, 2008 3:48 pm

ok i've got two new ideas:
*a giant sculpture of bret and jemaine made out of picks
*some new zealand posters from murays office

what do you think?
My username means nothing, symbolizes nothing, and is in fact a figment of your imagination.

liezl
Keeping it funky
Posts: 84
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:29 pm

Postby liezl » Tue May 27, 2008 6:06 pm

I love the idea of them signing posters from Murrays Office... (plots to steal idea)

or having them autograph some ridiculously crappy album.

User avatar
Nancy
Persona Non Regatta
Posts: 9055
Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 9:40 pm

Postby Nancy » Tue May 27, 2008 10:13 pm

dangerous person wrote:
Nancy Hillner wrote:Not that they could sign them, but if you were to stop at the stage door before the show and drop off a bag of guitar picks, I think they'd love it - word has it that they usually are very low on picks, and I'm sure they would be greatly appreciated.

Yes, get them to sign the invoice for the picks :wink:


I'm with "Dangerous" on this one - have them sign the invoice. The picks are practical and needed, and the invoice doesn't take up any room in your bag. :D

NZ posters would be fun as well. (wish I had thought of it :roll: )

Whatever you do, please let us know what you decide upon.
Oh, fish-like Lady

Lady-like Fish

I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady

No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit

La-dy-ish! Yeah!

User avatar
Ratashak
Keeping it funky
Posts: 95
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:23 pm

some potentials

Postby Ratashak » Tue May 27, 2008 11:32 pm

you could have Bret sign an eyepatch with a white paint pen

to reference their Texan Odyssey documentary, you could have them sign a condom or a disposable drink coaster from your hotel

maybe a band shell tour itinerary you made for each of them that follows that episode of the show

its always a good idea to have them sign the ticket for a scrapbook page

I hope you have a fantastic time at the show! Which one are you going to?

osmiumtiger
New arrival
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:59 pm

Postby osmiumtiger » Wed May 28, 2008 1:24 am

thanks for the suggestions. I could probably stop by guitar center to grab some picks, but i'm not sure. As for "have them sign a condom or a disposable drink coaster from your hotel" that is a terrific idea! Unfortunately, because i'm not in a band i don't have any groupies and therefore no need for condoms. so, no hotels are giving me free condoms, because they have a thing, kind of like roller coaster rides, where it says: "you must be this sexy". Signing the tickets is a great idea, though! Since they're e tickets they'll have plenty of room to sign.
And @ Ratashak I'm going on the May 30th show.

As for the posters I'm in the process (pronounce PRO-sess; as in we adopted him... i don't believe you can't remember it was a very difficult prosess) of completing them. I've got the screenshots to work off of, and all I need is to find the images they used. Which is proving to be very difficult.

In any case, there's just 3 days, 3 hours, 35 minutes, and 49 seconds left. Not that i have a countdown timer on my desktop or anything.
My username means nothing, symbolizes nothing, and is in fact a figment of your imagination.

User avatar
Nancy
Persona Non Regatta
Posts: 9055
Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 9:40 pm

Postby Nancy » Wed May 28, 2008 2:13 am

osmiumtiger wrote:thanks for the suggestions. I could probably stop by guitar center to grab some picks, but i'm not sure. As for "have them sign a condom or a disposable drink coaster from your hotel" that is a terrific idea! Unfortunately, because i'm not in a band i don't have any groupies and therefore no need for condoms. so, no hotels are giving me free condoms, because they have a thing, kind of like roller coaster rides, where it says: "you must be this sexy". Signing the tickets is a great idea, though! Since they're e tickets they'll have plenty of room to sign.
And @ Ratashak I'm going on the May 30th show.

As for the posters I'm in the process (pronounce PRO-sess; as in we adopted him... i don't believe you can't remember it was a very difficult prosess) of completing them. I've got the screenshots to work off of, and all I need is to find the images they used. Which is proving to be very difficult.

In any case, there's just 3 days, 3 hours, 35 minutes, and 49 seconds left. Not that i have a countdown timer on my desktop or anything.


I'm so happy for you! :D
Before I went on May6, I did the same kind of count down, starting about two weeks before the show, and I had butterflies!
So just know that there are people out there who can identify with your enthusiasm, and we look forward to your account of the show. :D
Oh, fish-like Lady

Lady-like Fish

I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady

No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit

La-dy-ish! Yeah!

User avatar
poptartgirl
David Bowie's nipple antennae
Posts: 1063
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 2:20 am

Postby poptartgirl » Wed May 28, 2008 2:20 am

A body part is always handy. You can use their signatures as an outline for a tattoo. :P :wink:
“We tell you lies, and if you laugh, they’re jokes.”

"all I wanted to say is "May I rock you ?"

osmiumtiger
New arrival
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:59 pm

Postby osmiumtiger » Wed May 28, 2008 2:36 am

Hmm, if i had an FOTC signature tatoo... I think I could use that to impersonate them. I could sign things in there name. (Man: Ok, Mr. Clements I'm going to need your signature Me: Right here on my arm Man: I'm sorry that's not valid Me: Are you telling me that as a Kiwi my arm signature isn't valid? Too many muthauckas....)

Anyways, I just finished my posters and I'd love to get some feedback. So here they are:

http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/6062 ... nalql8.jpg
http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/1875 ... nalmo6.jpg
http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/5926 ... nalzv9.jpg

I would love any feedback!
My username means nothing, symbolizes nothing, and is in fact a figment of your imagination.

liezl
Keeping it funky
Posts: 84
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:29 pm

Postby liezl » Wed May 28, 2008 7:22 am

It needs to look more generic and legible, and there's nothing more generic than Arial or Helvetica Bold.

Especially in that first one, Helvetica Bold in White.

Just don't use comic sans.

User avatar
SheWolf
Boom King!
Posts: 7224
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:24 pm

Postby SheWolf » Wed May 28, 2008 5:47 pm

osmiumtiger wrote:I would love any feedback!


Ok. I like the first one.

User avatar
dangerous person
David Bowie's nipple antennae
Posts: 1268
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:26 am

Postby dangerous person » Wed May 28, 2008 7:44 pm

When the boys come to the UK ( :roll: ), I'm getting them to sign a baguette and I will teach Jemaine to say 'Gerard Depardieu' properly :wink:
Bret's accent is too adorable to want to change though, although he needs a slap on the wrist for the silly noises he makes after he says baguette (my husband has been doing these at me for years..... sigh)

User avatar
Nancy
Persona Non Regatta
Posts: 9055
Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 9:40 pm

Postby Nancy » Wed May 28, 2008 8:47 pm

osmiumtiger wrote:
Anyways, I just finished my posters and I'd love to get some feedback. So here they are:

http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/6062 ... nalql8.jpg
http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/1875 ... nalmo6.jpg
http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/5926 ... nalzv9.jpg

I would love any feedback!


I like the second one best, with the double meaning of "rocks," and the FOTC reference. I agree that the font is a little hard to read on the others, especially in yellow, but that could just be my old eyes :roll:

I must say that I admire your ability to produce a visually appealing poster. I'm all thumbs arranging things, and a very messy writer as well. Thank goodness the internet came along - I'd never be in contact with anyone if I had to handwrite a letter!

Keep up the good work. :)
Oh, fish-like Lady

Lady-like Fish

I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady

No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit

La-dy-ish! Yeah!


Return to “2009 Tour Archives”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

cron