What should I get the Conchords to sign?

The place where all the 2009 North American Tour is now living. Gig threads, pre and post gig threads, meet and greets, the works. All found here.
stank
Giving the paper to the people

Re: What should I get the Conchords to sign?

Postby stank » Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:19 pm

I found this album over Christmas at a thrift store. Should I try to get them to sign it or the magazine?

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:00 am

:roll2:

The dogs looked like Doggy Bounce extras!
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!

the_thriller
New arrival

Postby the_thriller » Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:06 am

If I were able to bring it along (doubtful) I would try to get them to sign my Casio DG-20

ASmallTurnip
-- MASTER CRIMINAL -- Root Vegetable Violence a Specialty

Postby ASmallTurnip » Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:24 am

the_thriller wrote:If I were able to bring it along (doubtful) I would try to get them to sign my Casio DG-20

Duuuuuude. Do you seriously have a DG-20? That's awesome! You MUST find a way to have them sign it. Could you phone the theatre and ask if you can check it with the coats and bags? I'm sure the staff wouldn't mind if you cleared it first. People always have things they need to leave during a gig. They probably won't bat an eyelid.

If you do manage to get it signed, please, please, PLEASE get a picture of Bret's face when you show him. He'd be chuffed to bits! :D

.:: She's got two jobs. She's a pastry chef and a sniper ::.

JulesJules
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby JulesJules » Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:09 pm

Have any of you actually picked up your tickets yet? The word 'sugalumps' is on mine very prominently. I think I'll just ask Jemaine to initial next to that. :snakeman:

LSully9
Getting lewd with the food

Postby LSully9 » Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:31 am

JulesJules wrote:Have any of you actually picked up your tickets yet? The word 'sugalumps' is on mine very prominently. I think I'll just ask Jemaine to initial next to that. :snakeman:

You can pick up the tickets already? I thought you had to wait til the night of the show... I want my tickets too! :whine:
Two struggling musicians, living in poverty and despair, selling their...instruments.

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:30 am

Yup, I just checked the ticket I printed out from TicketFast, and there it is...sugalu...and the rest is cut off. So to speak. :wink:
Oh, fish-like Lady

Lady-like Fish

I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady

No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit

La-dy-ish! Yeah!

LSully9

Postby LSully9 » Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:37 am

I didn't get that option... My reciept says Will Call. Which I'm cool with, cause that means I don't have to worry about losing or forgetting them (which is always an issue for me)... Only thing that might be a potential problem is that I bought my friend's ticket for the 10pm show, but I'll already be at the 7, so I have to go out and find her among the crowd that is simultaneously exiting and entering the theater... And that could prove frustrating and dificult... :rolleyes:

But, um, I have no idea what I'd get signed, if given the opportunity... I think my guitar would be awesome, but I'm not lugging that around all night... The new cd would be the obvious choice. And tickets are always good.
Two struggling musicians, living in poverty and despair, selling their...instruments.

PatK
Giving the paper to the people

Postby PatK » Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:26 am

LSully9 wrote:I didn't get that option... My reciept says Will Call. Which I'm cool with, cause that means I don't have to worry about losing or forgetting them (which is always an issue for me)... Only thing that might be a potential problem is that I bought my friend's ticket for the 10pm show, but I'll already be at the 7, so I have to go out and find her among the crowd that is simultaneously exiting and entering the theater... And that could prove frustrating and dificult... :rolleyes:

But, um, I have no idea what I'd get signed, if given the opportunity... I think my guitar would be awesome, but I'm not lugging that around all night... The new cd would be the obvious choice. And tickets are always good.

For the Tower, if you are in the first 15 rows they made it will call only. Very good idea by both the Conchords and the Tower, as it should deter scalpers. I don't know if we have to pick them up they day of the show, or if we can actually pick them up at will call early.

As for getting things signed, my brother has a DG-20, and I might try to steal it from him to get it signed. Also, I may have found the stripey jersey :D . That would be a wonderful signing.

LSully9

Postby LSully9 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:40 pm

PatK wrote:For the Tower, if you are in the first 15 rows they made it will call only. Very good idea by both the Conchords and the Tower, as it should deter scalpers.

I think all the shows were like that. Or I thought they were supposed to be?... :dunno: But out of curiousity I was looking at what the scalpers were charging. Nothing at Tower within the first 15 rows, but really ridiculous prices for the crappy ones they did have posted. Radio City however did have fronter rows posted, with a note at the bottom saying that the tickets were will call and that a representative would meet them night of the show. Front row there: $597 a ticket (and brokers don't sell singles)! :shock: Ummm, no. Even if I was willing to shell out that kind of money, the "a representative will meet me at the show" part is a huuuuge turn off... I'll have to keep watching those, as I'm now morbidly curious to see if they'll sell.

Anywho, you seriously need to steal your bro's dg-20. That would be great! I however, have quite a ways to go before I get the one that's been calling to me from ebay... If it's even still there, I haven't checked since Christmas...

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:14 pm

LSully9 wrote:
PatK wrote:For the Tower, if you are in the first 15 rows they made it will call only. Very good idea by both the Conchords and the Tower, as it should deter scalpers.

I think all the shows were like that. Or I thought they were supposed to be?... :dunno: ...
I thought so too. I like will call coz I always fear losing or forgetting my ticket.

I'm not into autographs but since I have something fairly unique that it would be cool for Jemaine to sign perhaps I'll bring that. (all of us from the WTF/Rhys get together have such a thing). :yawinkle:
90% evil
ImageImage

mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby mockingbird » Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:23 pm

If I had access to a DG-20 I would *totally* bring it in hopes of getting Bret to sign it.

I might print out one of my poster entries and get them to sign it. Then I can pretend I won the contest. :)

You know what I think would be funny, would be having a photo of a random body part of each of them, like the Jemaine lips photo but of something ridiculous like a foot or an elbow or something, and having them sign that. I think that's just me and my odd sense of humor, though.

LSully9

Postby LSully9 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:34 pm

SheWolf wrote:I'm not into autographs but since I have something fairly unique that it would be cool for Jemaine to sign perhaps I'll bring that. (all of us from the WTF/Rhys get together have such a thing). :yawinkle:

Oooh yeah! That is a good one! :thumb:

mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby mockingbird » Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:51 pm

Just for the record, I'm not curious at all about what you guys are talking about. I have NO INTEREST WHATSOEVER in knowing what secret, unique object you all have. NONE. So don't tell me. I don't wanna know.

Amanda
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby Amanda » Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:17 pm

Yeah..we don't wanna know at all.. :lyre:
But if you did I'd hold you tight / Into every single night
And we'd fall asleep together / And we'd wake up in the sunlight
Well, maybe I'm a dreamer / But maybe one day you'll see / That dreams are...

Return to “2009 Tour Archives”