What should I get the Conchords to sign?

The place where all the 2009 North American Tour is now living. Gig threads, pre and post gig threads, meet and greets, the works. All found here.
LSully9
Getting lewd with the food

Re: What should I get the Conchords to sign?

Postby LSully9 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:20 am

Amanda wrote:Yeah..we don't wanna know at all.. :lyre:

Well, it's good that you don't want to know then, because I think it would be more fun to show... And really, words do not do the awesomeness of it any justice. :wink: Should Jemaine make himself available to us, I will, of course, video and youtube what is sure to be an awesomely hilarious/embarrassing moment in Conchords history. I'm picturing a reaction similiar too and possibly right up there with the lady pulled a picture of Jemaine's lips out of her wallet! :wink:
Two struggling musicians, living in poverty and despair, selling their...instruments.

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:39 am

Sully, that was our very own WTFer, Deirdre in the Texas Odyssey documentary! :supz:

One thing I should make you aware of: Radio City does not have a checkroom for coats or baggage, and all bags brought in must fit under your seat. (Fire law)

And SW and Sully are talking about something that SA made and gave us, that she has posted is free for anyone who wants one. Now your job is to look through her recent posts and figure out what it is we're talking about!!! :puzzled: (Or pm SW or Sully. I'm going to be deep into rehearsals for the next month, or I'd suggest pm-ing me. :? )
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!

WomanInThePark
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby WomanInThePark » Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:22 pm

I have a question--how many things can I ask them to sign before feeling like a dick?
Because the current list is:
A concert shirt
A concert shirt for my friend who can't come
A photograph
The Folk The World CD
My Bret-like sweater
and possibly a cake?!!! Is this too much? Am I a terrible person?
Beth, did you really need to fake your death?

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:55 pm

WomanInThePark wrote:I have a question--how many things can I ask them to sign before feeling like a dick?
A concert shirt
A photograph
The Folk The World CD
My Bret-like sweater

I would probably say one or two things for you and one thing for your friend...I mean I'm sure they'd be gracious about it and sign your whole list (but probably not the cake...that'd be hard and awkward to sign) - but even coming out to do meet and greets at all is so generous of them that I'll feel like a douche asking for one signature and one picture each! But that's just me lol

I'm thinking I'll ask them to sign either my ticket or I'll come up with some small 8.5 x 11 poster for them both to sign. Maybe both if I'm feeling bold. Then obviously the obligatory picture :)

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:12 pm

WomanInThePark wrote:I have a question--how many things can I ask them to sign before feeling like a dick?
A concert shirt
A photograph
The Folk The World CD
My Bret-like sweater

I'd say a couple of things tops. More than that is a bit much.

You have to remember there will be a fair few people wanting to meet them and have things signed. Also there is the old not outstaying your welcome side of things and having a pile of stuff to have signed is a bit unfair on the guys and other fans waiting.

I defo not take a cake to be signed.

I'd go for the the tee and the CD personally. And have your pic taken with them and leave it at that.

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:12 am

I'm thinking of making an 11x14 poster with some funny little sayings or graphics from the songs/show/SXSW Doc/HBO Special. Like a montage of sorts...

I'm just horribly inartistic.

dandy lyons
Consistently Mediocre

Postby dandy lyons » Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:15 am

It would be kinda rad to have my Omnichord signed, but I don't want to schlep it around all evening. I wouldn't want to bother them, so a quick "hello" and maybe a pic is about all I could ask for... A high five from each of the guys would be cool. ;)
Gar·funk·ling (verb) Funky cuddling with the candles twinkling.

ardy
Redheads not warheads

Postby ardy » Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:36 am

i'm really not interested in having anything signed.
i'd love a picture with both.

is it weird not to want anything signed??
...Detroit - City of Tomorrow...

take this sinking boat and point it home..we've still got time...

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:19 am

No it's not weird - as the old saying goes, "Diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks!" :)

I'd just like to have a picture with each of them and have them each sign one thing (small poster, t-shirt, autograph book, whatever)

But I know of a lot of people who don't care much about autographs. For example, a friend of mine was able to meet the lead singer of Weezer a few years back. She lives in Ohio so I wasn't able to go to the show. She sent me her signed ticket stub cause she knew I'd really love it, but all she wanted was a picture of him :)

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:42 am

Remember one thing - last year they were playing venues of 1500 seats. This year it's 6 to 7,000 seats! It could get way out of hand, so I will be grateful if they meet and greet at all. :pray:
Oh, fish-like Lady

Lady-like Fish

I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady

No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit

La-dy-ish! Yeah!

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:50 am

Nancy Hillner wrote:Remember one thing - last year they were playing venues of 1500 seats. This year it's 6 to 7,000 seats! It could get way out of hand, so I will be grateful if they meet and greet at all. :pray:

:pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

I'm REALLY hoping so too, Nancy. I think we all are LOL...I know my venue alone has 5000 seats and they're doing two shows that night....

WomanInThePark
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby WomanInThePark » Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:00 pm

*Hangs her head in shame*
I don't know. I'm a very extremist person. I'm the kind of person who would make 900 croutons.
Oh God. I'm not sure I even want to even go to this hypothetical meet and greet. I hate crowds and I am sure to make a fool of myself. But gah I know if I turn down this chance I will be kicking myself for the rest of my life. But what if they got annoyed at their stupid annoying fans (read: me)?!!!
Okay I'll carry on the of this crazy monologue in my head.
Edit: You know how crazy I am? I feel like Bret and Jemaine are mad at me for considering asking them to sign things. I always get like this before doing things I'm really excited to do. ("Like this" = Even more crazy than usual)
Beth, did you really need to fake your death?

ASmallTurnip
-- MASTER CRIMINAL -- Root Vegetable Violence a Specialty

Postby ASmallTurnip » Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:54 pm

WomanInThePark wrote:*Hangs her head in shame*
I don't know. I'm a very extremist person. I'm the kind of person who would make 900 croutons.
Oh God. I'm not sure I even want to even go to this hypothetical meet and greet. I hate crowds and I am sure to make a fool of myself. But gah I know if I turn down this chance I will be kicking myself for the rest of my life. But what if they got annoyed at their stupid annoying fans (read: me)?!!!
Okay I'll carry on the of this crazy monologue in my head.
Edit: You know how crazy I am? I feel like Bret and Jemaine are mad at me for considering asking them to sign things. I always get like this before doing things I'm really excited to do. ("Like this" = Even more crazy than usual)

Baby, I have enjoyed this little conversation with yourself more than I can possibly say. The boys ain't mad at you, I promise. They love you and want you to be happy.

Go. Make contact. Get a couple of things signed. Tell the boys they're wonderful. Keep the feelings forever. Boom.

.:: She's got two jobs. She's a pastry chef and a sniper ::.

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:26 pm

I'm the same way - like I'm going to annoy them just by asking them to sign something/take a picture with me. Though, on the other side of that, if they were annoyed with it, why would they do it?

I'll still love them even if they don't do meet and greets this tour, but I would REALLY love it if they would! :pray:

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:53 pm

P.S. I've gotten them some picks as well, how can I make sure they get these even if they don't do meet and greets?

Return to “2009 Tour Archives”