What should I get the Conchords to sign?

The place where all the 2009 North American Tour is now living. Gig threads, pre and post gig threads, meet and greets, the works. All found here.
WomanInThePark
Registered Rhymnecologist

Re: What should I get the Conchords to sign?

Postby WomanInThePark » Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:39 am

ASmallTurnip wrote:Baby, I have enjoyed this little conversation with yourself more than I can possibly say. The boys ain't mad at you, I promise. They love you and want you to be happy.

Go. Make contact. Get a couple of things signed. Tell the boys they're wonderful. Keep the feelings forever. Boom.

:hug:
Quote Lou Reed and John Cale on this reply: I know it's late(ish) in coming, but it's the only way I know.
Beth, did you really need to fake your death?

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:28 am

kellysouthpaw wrote:P.S. I've gotten them some picks as well, how can I make sure they get these even if they don't do meet and greets?

The only thing I can think of is to go to the stage door (ask where it is at the box office, but go to there early, not near show time), and leave them with the stage doorman.
You mean like guitar picks, right? Because last year they kept running out of them, and I'm sure they'd appreciate them. Leave a note, and if they meet and greet afterwards, you have an icebreaker - hi, did you get my picks?
That's a great idea to give them - something they can always use, and they'll be forever in your debt! :nod:
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:33 pm

Nancy Hillner wrote:
kellysouthpaw wrote:P.S. I've gotten them some picks as well, how can I make sure they get these even if they don't do meet and greets?

The only thing I can think of is to go to the stage door (ask where it is at the box office, but go to there early, not near show time), and leave them with the stage doorman.
You mean like guitar picks, right? Because last year they kept running out of them, and I'm sure they'd appreciate them. Leave a note, and if they meet and greet afterwards, you have an icebreaker - hi, did you get my picks?
That's a great idea to give them - something they can always use, and they'll be forever in your debt! :nod:

Thanks! I played guitar a lot a few years ago so I know what it's like to CONSTANTLY be losing picks. Especially inside an acoustic where you have to turn it upside down and shake it and stick your hands behind the strings and whatnot. Yuck!

I will ask the box office right when I get there...I'll be there at least an hour early (right when they begin seating for the first show).

:)

redoxreaction
New arrival

Postby redoxreaction » Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:34 pm

I'm late to add to this discussion, but I'd get them to sign my "BRUNETTES NOT FIGHTER JETS" t-shirt.

Or make a shirt whichever hair colour you have!

mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby mockingbird » Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:41 pm

kellysouthpaw wrote:I played guitar a lot a few years ago so I know what it's like to CONSTANTLY be losing picks. Especially inside an acoustic where you have to turn it upside down and shake it and stick your hands behind the strings and whatnot. Yuck!

Oooh, I hate that!

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:53 pm

mockingbird wrote:
kellysouthpaw wrote:I played guitar a lot a few years ago so I know what it's like to CONSTANTLY be losing picks. Especially inside an acoustic where you have to turn it upside down and shake it and stick your hands behind the strings and whatnot. Yuck!

Oooh, I hate that!

I know, right!? It's the worst. It got to the point where I'd just not use picks or keep 5 or 6 handy every time I picked up the guitar.

And how about those callouses huh? Those are some fun.

Maybe I'll keep a pick or two out of the bunch and ask them to initial it :) lol

PatK
Giving the paper to the people

Postby PatK » Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:56 pm

I have just secured a roll of Sellotape from a friend in Europe, so I am thinking about having the boys sign that.

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:43 pm

PatK wrote:I have just secured a roll of Sellotape from a friend in Europe, so I am thinking about having the boys sign that.

lol that is such a strange thing to read. Being in the UK Sellotape is easily found in stores. I call all tape like that sellotape regardless if its made by that company or not. Its just what we call it here.

Anytime you want more, just ask :lol:

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:59 pm

So Sellotape is like our Scotch Tape. :)

I'm thinking of making shirts and hoping to get those signed.
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

Austin

Postby Austin » Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:43 pm

From what I read, and correct me if I am wrong, but B&J actually choose to meet the fans after a show? That's awesome!

(Don't worry, my "gig-cherry" will be popped soon)
They call it a fly because it takes you up to Heaven

I lurk left.... a lot.

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:47 pm

Austin wrote:From what I read, and correct me if I am wrong, but B&J actually choose to meet the fans after a show? That's awesome!

(Don't worry, my "gig-cherry" will be popped soon)

Well, this tour will be a bit different than the others they've done in the past because they're playing bigger venues and sometimes playing two shows back to back. In tours past, yes, they have chosen to come out and meet the fans after - but that's when they were playing smaller, more intimate gigs. We're hoping that in this upcoming tour they'll keep with the "tradition", but I wouldn't blame them at all if they couldn't do it because there might be way too many people who stick around for the guys to realistically meet with them all.

But, my fingers stay crossed anyway

:pray:

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:51 pm

Yep.....I bet if someone tells them there's 200 crazy American women (and a few men) waiting, they might find a different way out. :(

My fingers are also crossed...and my toes.....

:pray:
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:44 am

Back to topic - I've gotta find out where I can get a poster printed...maybe 11x14? So I can put some FOTC related designs on it for the guys to sign.

Austin

Postby Austin » Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:11 am

I just looked on Kinkos/FedEx and there are a few FedEx stores that do poster printing. However, I'm not sure about the process, but that would definately be the first place I go.
They call it a fly because it takes you up to Heaven

I lurk left.... a lot.

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:13 am

Austin wrote:I just looked on Kinkos/FedEx and there are a few FedEx stores that do poster printing. However, I'm not sure about the process, but that would definately be the first place I go.

Thanks! :D

Return to “2009 Tour Archives”