North American tour 2009 - general chat

The place where all the 2009 North American Tour is now living. Gig threads, pre and post gig threads, meet and greets, the works. All found here.
Val2150
Stop touching the monkeys

Re: Season 2 Songs on itunes & Subpop

Postby Val2150 » Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:13 pm

<-------- starting to save pennies now and wondering what sort of crazy antics I'll have to get up to get tickets. :worry:
"You do not choose sexy. Sexy chooses you." -mohumbai mania

claire
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby claire » Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:43 pm

SheWolf wrote:I haven't. It seriously traumatized me.

i wasn't a big fan at that time so i was only mildly annoyed i got balcony tix even tho i went on the second they went onsale, until i found out some people didn't get any tix at all--this time i'm doing like nancy did and buying single tickets! hey kiti you were sitting near nancy, how'd you get such good seats? i hope they still play smaller venues...

i guess we should move tour discussion to the tour section? i just realized the thread title is about s2 songs...
that's frozen cool...

LSully9
Getting lewd with the food

Postby LSully9 » Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:30 pm

ASmallTurnip wrote: I make great blueberry breakfast muffins, too. (Although I'm reliably informed that my coffee is more disgusting than week-old ditch water, so I'd definitely advise going with tea.)

How about that? I love blueberry muffins and tea!
Two struggling musicians, living in poverty and despair, selling their...instruments.

LSully9

Postby LSully9 » Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:34 pm

claire wrote:oh jeez i forgot about ticket stress (ticket stress smiley -----> Image )

You know, that is exactly how ticket stress makes me feel!
Two struggling musicians, living in poverty and despair, selling their...instruments.

LSully9

Postby LSully9 » Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:37 pm

claire wrote:this time i'm doing like nancy did and buying single tickets!

Seriously... It's all about the single tickets... Especially in Philly, as most of our theatres/arenas/etc have odd number seats. :wink:

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:39 pm

Do you mean ordering single tickets online is the way to get through? Coz I tried ordering 2 and 3 at a time last time and it would say there was nothing available.

Regardless they'd better have another way to get non scalped tickets.

Save your pennies and come see us turnip. There's time to work out the logistics. We're only a hop across the pond, ya know?
90% evil
ImageImage

ASmallTurnip
-- MASTER CRIMINAL -- Root Vegetable Violence a Specialty

Postby ASmallTurnip » Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:59 pm

SheWolf wrote:Do you mean ordering single tickets online is the way to get through? Coz I tried ordering 2 and 3 at a time last time and it would say there was nothing available.

Save your pennies and come see us turnip. There's time to work out the logistics. We're only a hop across the pond, ya know?

I know. It's only three or four thousand miles - and what's a little distance between friends? :D

In truth, I will need to make a trip to North America later this year, for school and family stuff. I was vaguely planning on doing it in June, but there's no reason why I can't move it up a bit. But I'm gnawing my knuckles and trying not to get my hopes up. First of all, the tour isn't even confirmed, and goodness knows if I'd be able to get any tickets at all, let alone ones on the same night as my darling WTFers. But it's amusing to dream, especially on this bleak, bleak Monday afternoon in January. And you just can't fight the dream.

.:: She's got two jobs. She's a pastry chef and a sniper ::.

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:05 pm

Don't give up the dream. Where there's a will there's a way.

While the tour is not officially confirmed I'm sure it's on it's way and it's falling in line just like little Bretty said - 2nd season, 2nd album, 2nd tour. It's not like that weird London gig talk that seemed dodgy from the get go.

Once we see a line up of the dates and venues it will be easier to get a plan together.
90% evil
ImageImage

bibliaddict
Consistently Mediocre

Postby bibliaddict » Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:32 pm

SheWolf wrote:Do you mean ordering single tickets online is the way to get through? Coz I tried ordering 2 and 3 at a time last time and it would say there was nothing available.

Yup, that's how I got my 3rd row/Bret side ticket for Town Hall last year. I preregistered my credit card info with Ticketmonster so I didn't have to waste time entering it while trying to grab tickets. I was able to get three separate floor seats that way. I had tried 7-8 times to get 2-4 tickets together, but got shut out, so single tix is the way to go.

I hope the guys consider doing a few shows in London next time around for the European fans so y'all don't have to make the trans-Atlantic commute.
Spandex Inspector #12

claire

Postby claire » Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:02 pm

yay turnip come visit us (i love blueberry muffins too!) and if they ever tour london maybe we can return the favor and come over your way! :D

sw i haven't tried it but yep i'm going to try buying single tickets online, i think nancy had gotten hers over the phone but yep i remember you saying you got that great single seat online bibli, did you feel strange sitting by yourself, i don't think i would, i think i would be so entranced by the boys i wouldn't care if i was by myself!

p.s. kiti, what do you mean about the livenation/ticketmaster thing?
that's frozen cool...

claire

Postby claire » Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:03 pm

LSully9 wrote:
claire wrote:oh jeez i forgot about ticket stress (ticket stress smiley -----> Image )

You know, that is exactly how ticket stress makes me feel!

click and save cuz you will be needing it in a couple of months, lol
that's frozen cool...

LSully9

Postby LSully9 » Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:10 pm

I always get single tickets. And yeah, it didn't seem appealing at first, but then you look at it like, 'Well, I'm not going to be talking to you during the show anyway, so what difference does it make if we're sitting together?'

As far as the live nation/ticketmaster thing, all I know is the little 2 sentence email I got from live nation saying that any concerts they sponser from here on out, will be sold through their own website, which they have yet to establish. They won't be using ticketmonster anymore... I think it'll be interesting as far as Philadelphia shows as the big arenas are contracted to comcasttix (as that's the company that owns the stadiums), but live nation sponsers pretty much every concert that plays there... It feels like it could be one giant soap opera-y mess. lol! I am soooo looking forward to it. :shock:

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:52 pm

I didn't know bibli was at the Town Hall show did I? Which night? Did you meet the guys? Isn't Philly closer to you? Am I asking too many questions?

I was shut out from both internet and phone for 45 minutes last time then got through on the phone to find both NYC shows sold out so I then inquired about Upper Darby and was told there were a few tix left but none together so I snatched 'em. I didn't mind sitting alone and wouldn't have a problem doing it again. The thing is I - normally don't care about good seats - but in the case of FOTC I do. I didn't enjoy sitting in the nosebleeds. I felt like I wasn't part of the action , B&J were just 2 specks & the crowd was annoying. Now that I think of it meeting them was really the thrill, not the show.
90% evil
ImageImage

VaiVedrai
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby VaiVedrai » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:12 pm

I'm hoping the NA Tour includes Montreal. The last time they were here was...their gig at the Just For Laughs festival, which I missed.
If you don't know the answer, change the question.

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:20 pm

Was that the Canadian gig with one guy in attendance who left before the lights came up? :lol:
90% evil
ImageImage

Return to “2009 Tour Archives”