North American tour 2009 - general chat

The place where all the 2009 North American Tour is now living. Gig threads, pre and post gig threads, meet and greets, the works. All found here.
WomanInThePark
Registered Rhymnecologist

Re: Season 2 Songs on itunes & Subpop

Postby WomanInThePark » Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:49 pm

Oh my God oh my God.
Just... everything.
Geez, you're away from WTF for 9 hours, and this is the news you miss?!!
Beth, did you really need to fake your death?

claire
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby claire » Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:13 pm

i know it's been quite an exciting day! :D
that's frozen cool...

WomanInThePark

Postby WomanInThePark » Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:26 pm

Hey, if the tour is official, when would it become...official? :hrm:
When would we find out information?
How long past between musings about a 2008 tour and the actual officialness?
*Incoherent*

tvldiva
Feeling much better now...

Postby tvldiva » Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:29 pm

WomanInThePark wrote:Hey, if the tour is official, when would it become...official? :hrm:
When would we find out information?
How long past between musings about a 2008 tour and the actual officialness?
*Incoherent*

Come on now....we can't lose you now.....just remember to breath..... that's it....
now go to your happy place.....
Why don't you accept me as your God!?

Val2150
Stop touching the monkeys

Postby Val2150 » Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:01 am

Hahaha, good point! :D

Oh, and I'm in love with SW's new avatar. That's all. :D
"You do not choose sexy. Sexy chooses you." -mohumbai mania

halokiti

Postby halokiti » Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:33 am

claire wrote:sw i haven't tried it but yep i'm going to try buying single tickets online, i think nancy had gotten hers over the phone but yep i remember you saying you got that great single seat online bibli, did you feel strange sitting by yourself, i don't think i would, i think i would be so entranced by the boys i wouldn't care if i was by myself!

p.s. kiti, what do you mean about the livenation/ticketmaster thing?

I've gotten really excellent single seats for some shows before so that's definitely the way to go if you really want to get close.

Live Nation operated venues do not use Ticketmaster as their ticketing agent anymore, they started selling tickets themselves. They are supposedly doing stuff a little bit differently but it looks the same so far since it just started on 1/1.

I remember there wasn't much advanced notice for ticket sales during the last concert tour, luckily for me I get email alerts from ticketmaster and such.

bibliaddict
Consistently Mediocre

Postby bibliaddict » Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:02 am

claire wrote:sw i haven't tried it but yep i'm going to try buying single tickets online, i think nancy had gotten hers over the phone but yep i remember you saying you got that great single seat online bibli, did you feel strange sitting by yourself, i don't think i would, i think i would be so entranced by the boys i wouldn't care if i was by myself!

Sitting separately from my friends wasn't very strange; I chatted with folks around me. And you're right, once the show started there was nothing to distrat me from the stage!

SheWolf wrote:I didn't know bibli was at the Town Hall show did I? Which night? Did you meet the guys? Isn't Philly closer to you? Am I asking too many questions?

I was shut out from both internet and phone for 45 minutes last time then got through on the phone to find both NYC shows sold out so I then inquired about Upper Darby and was told there were a few tix left but none together so I snatched 'em. I didn't mind sitting alone and wouldn't have a problem doing it again. The thing is I - normally don't care about good seats - but in the case of FOTC I do. I didn't enjoy sitting in the nosebleeds. I felt like I wasn't part of the action , B&J were just 2 specks & the crowd was annoying. Now that I think of it meeting them was really the thrill, not the show.

I was at the Wednesday Town Hall show, and I didn't go to meet the guys. I'm not too comfortable doing that, plus the two friends I was with had to get up early for work the next day, so we just went home. I'm about equidistant from NYC & Philly, that's why I got tickets for both :yawinkle: ! I was in the 2nd balcony at the Philly show and I agree - too far away to see and the crowd was so noisy and disruptive, it really took away from my enjoyment.

I hope the stick to venues about the size of Town Hall and just do more shows. Larger places like Tower Theater don't do them justice.
Spandex Inspector #12

Val2150
Stop touching the monkeys

Postby Val2150 » Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:38 am

Yeah, I meant to ask earlier - how long do you guys typically have to wait after the show to meet the boys? IF I can get tickets I will have to find a place to crash with friends in the city that night. :hrm:

Lordy, I'm already planning the day and the dates aren't even announced yet. I have lost my damn mind. :lol:
"You do not choose sexy. Sexy chooses you." -mohumbai mania

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:52 am

I got my single ticket by calling at 11:57 and by the time I was connected to a live operator, I slowly asked if they had any tickets to the show. She said "If you wait 20 seconds, I can help you." I've heard of some operators making the people call back, but I lucked out, and got a great seat. :yay:

It took the guys about 45 minutes to an hour after the show to come out, Val.

I guess we're really jumping the gun, planning this stuff already, but I already have ticket angst! :nails:

I know I'm weird, but I don't own an iPod (can't stand earplugs :hrmpf: ), so I guess the availability of songs won't do me any good until they come out with the complete cd. Which is sad because I'd probably like to have the tv versions of songs as well...oh well.... :down:
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!

indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby indigo_jones » Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:02 am

Please let them come to Europe! :pray:

With tickets to the shows liable to sell out fast, not to mention that getting a plane ticket relatively last minute can be freakin' expensive, I'm not really seeing a trip to the US happening for me. Plus, a bunch of friends are talking about getting together in Chicago this year, and I think ultimately I'd rather do that, on the off-chance I can afford it. Friends I've known for years who I rarely if ever get to see, or an hour or so of people screaming at Bret and Jemaine and probably interrupting the show.

Please let them come to Europe! :pray:
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

WomanInThePark

Postby WomanInThePark » Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:34 pm

Aaaah.... all this ticket talk is stressing me out.
As shown in my dreams.
Last night I had this icky dream where I was trying to get together with my friends to watch the season premier and things kept getting in my way... I came too late, then I left too early..

VaiVedrai

Postby VaiVedrai » Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:36 pm

SheWolf wrote:Was that the Canadian gig with one guy in attendance who left before the lights came up? :lol:
No, I heard that one was out in Alberta or BC...somewhere out west. At the comedy festival here, they know how to treat their music groups. :lol:
If you don't know the answer, change the question.

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:56 pm

I just realized it says North American tour as opposed to US tour so I think Canadians may be in luck.

I don't have an Ipod but I don't care about getting the songs early anyway.

Val, we waited about 30 minutes for them to come out after the NYC show. As for the Philly show I’m not sure. I only know that it was a case of perfect timing. After the show we hung in the lobby and looked at the merch for a few minutes, hit the loos, waited in a line to get out of the parking area. When stopped at a stop sign we saw people waiting outside so we figured something was going to be up so we went to get gas for the long ride home, asked directions to get home, then parked in front of the theater, walked to the alley and within about 5 minutes they came out and right up to us first - it was cool! 8)
90% evil
ImageImage

claire
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby claire » Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:49 pm

halokiti wrote:I've gotten really excellent single seats for some shows before so that's definitely the way to go if you really want to get close.

Live Nation operated venues do not use Ticketmaster as their ticketing agent anymore, they started selling tickets themselves. They are supposedly doing stuff a little bit differently but it looks the same so far since it just started on 1/1.

I remember there wasn't much advanced notice for ticket sales during the last concert tour, luckily for me I get email alerts from ticketmaster and such.

i tried to sign up for conchords email alerts on ticketmaster but they don't recognize them (the closest that comes up is night of the cookers, whoever the flip they are)

they do have them in the system on live nation so i signed up for alerts for them there (not to be confused with flight of the jesus dog which also comes up in the search, lol)
that's frozen cool...

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:52 pm

flight of the jesus dog? :rolls:
90% evil
ImageImage

Return to “2009 Tour Archives”