Tower Theater 4/18 seats!

The place where all the 2009 North American Tour is now living. Gig threads, pre and post gig threads, meet and greets, the works. All found here.
PatK
Giving the paper to the people

Tower Theater 4/18 seats!

Postby PatK » Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:06 am

and one for the loge guys

Where is everyone? I'll edit this post every time somebody posts their seats on here so we all know who is where!

7:00 PM
SheWolf: Row DD seats 123, 125
LSully9: Row CC seat 125
requiem1byone: Row EEE seats 101, 103

10:00 PM
PatK: Row AAA seats 101, 103, 105, 107
LSully9: Row AAA seat 114
Rhymenoserous: Row BBB seats 101, 103, 105, 107
SheWolf: Row BBB seats 112, 114, 116

Congrats guys!
Last edited by PatK on Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.

SheWolf
Boom King!

Re: Tower Theater 4/18 seats!

Postby SheWolf » Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:09 am

7pm seats 123 & 125 DD

I was in the loge last year. I thought it would be okay yet it wasn't. :?
90% evil
ImageImage

LSully9
Getting lewd with the food

Postby LSully9 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:49 pm

PatK wrote:7:00 PM
LSully9: Row CC seat ???

Seat 125. Behind me again SW! :evil laugh: But I'll actually be sitting near people I know! I'm beyond psyched! :hug:
Two struggling musicians, living in poverty and despair, selling their...instruments.

requiem1byone
New arrival

Postby requiem1byone » Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:59 pm

Hello... I just signed up here. Not necessarily new to forums, but new to these at least. My husband and I will be at the 7pm show: EEE seats 101, 103.

Missed getting tickets last year because they sold out, so I'm SOOOO PSYCHED!!!

:supz:

-kara
Dear Life Cereal,

Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast AND delicious? Who do you think you are? By now, you may have guessed I am speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life Cereal, do not change a thing.

-Peter Griffin

LSully9

Postby LSully9 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:13 pm

:welcome: Kara! It's going to be an awesome couple of months! :supz:
Two struggling musicians, living in poverty and despair, selling their...instruments.

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:46 pm

LSully9 wrote:

Seat 125. Behind me again SW! :evil laugh: But I'll actually be sitting near people I know! I'm beyond psyched! :hug:

Holy crud what are odds of us being in the same seat one row apart for both shows?
90% evil
ImageImage

LSully9

Postby LSully9 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:05 pm

SheWolf wrote:
LSully9 wrote:

Holy crud what are odds of us being in the same seat one row apart for both shows?

I know!!! I might have to stop and get a Powerball ticket on my way home to get the car... And then we can have our own private concert and you can sit next to me instead of behind. :wink: :thumb:

nikki78
Lost but happy at sea

Postby nikki78 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:26 pm

SheWolf wrote:I was in the loge last year. I thought it would be okay yet it wasn't. :?
Do you remember what row in the loge you were in? Those were the first tickets I bought (because I had a brain meltdown when I was on the site not realizing the first 15 rows were will call and that you had to click "first fifteen". ah!), but I bought better seats later. I was reading online somewhere though that the loge seats were pretty good, so now I'm curious.

LSully9

Postby LSully9 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:46 pm

I think it depends on the show you're going to see... Lodge seats aren't bad seats if you're going to see a large band that moves around a lot or has a backdrop and lightshow... But for two guys sitting on stools pretty much the whole time and with pretty much bare minimal lighting, I imagine it can be dificult.

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:06 pm

nikki78 wrote:
SheWolf wrote:I was in the loge last year. I thought it would be okay yet it wasn't. :?
Do you remember what row in the loge you were in?
Just checked the ticket, it says L/C BL E106. I think Sully's right, if you were to see a band there those seats wouldn't be bad but FOTC was a different story. Mind you I could see them fine, it was an unobscured view, it's just that they were tiny and seemed quite far away.
90% evil
ImageImage

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:40 pm

I think you are supposed to put that in the ticket swap thread.
90% evil
ImageImage

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:30 pm

SheWolf wrote:I think you are supposed to put that in the ticket swap thread.

Yup she is :) So I've moved it. Easier for people to find there methinks.

PatK

Postby PatK » Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:53 pm

Question! :help:

When any of you guys met the Conchords last year, did they come out the front of the Tower, or is there some kind of stage door? I wasn't able to stick around for it.

Also thought I would share my story here:
I am a senior in High School, and our senior trip (to Orlando) is April 18th-22nd. Unfortunately, I did not know this when I bought my tickets, or I could have gone to the radio city show, or some other show. Our plane flies out to Orlando at 5 AM on the 18th, so I told them I have to be in a "wedding" on the 18th. Because of this, they are allowing me to fly down to Orlando on Sunday (although I have to pay for my own plane tickets). My flight leaves at 6 AM on the 19th, so I will be going to the 10PM show, staying to meet the guys, and then going straight to the airport to wait for my plane. It will cost me $200 and a missed day in Orlando, but I will have seen the Conchords for my second time.

I guess you gotta do what you gotta do for front row seats, right :wink:

LSully9

Postby LSully9 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:10 pm

PatK wrote:Question! :help:

When any of you guys met the Conchords last year, did they come out the front of the Tower, or is there some kind of stage door? I wasn't able to stick around for it.

Also thought I would share my story here:
I am a senior in High School, and our senior trip (to Orlando) is April 18th-22nd. Unfortunately, I did not know this when I bought my tickets, or I could have gone to the radio city show, or some other show. Our plane flies out to Orlando at 5 AM on the 18th, so I told them I have to be in a "wedding" on the 18th. Because of this, they are allowing me to fly down to Orlando on Sunday (although I have to pay for my own plane tickets). My flight leaves at 6 AM on the 19th, so I will be going to the 10PM show, staying to meet the guys, and then going straight to the airport to wait for my plane. It will cost me $200 and a missed day in Orlando, but I will have seen the Conchords for my second time.

I guess you gotta do what you gotta do for front row seats, right :wink:

You can't not use front row seats!! It would be a travesty of epic proportions! Although, Orlando is a pretty cool trip... My senior trip blew chunks. They were taking us to a taping of Showtime at the Apollo and then dinner somewhere. Needless to say, I didn't go. I took my own trip to Wildwood. And it was awesome. :thumb:

But anyway... Question at hand... They don't come out the front door. They come out a back door down that little side street next to the theater. Usually, the security guys are pretty decent; as long as you listen to them, queue up properly, stay on the pavement, and don't rush the performer when they come out. They have chased people off the street before because some people were being, unruly... And sometimes too if the crowd is large and pushy, they'll hold them inside until the crowd thins... But it seems to me like most people that go to the Tower are turned off by the neighborhood and split pretty fast after the show (I call them 'suburbanites' :lol: They just don't know how to deal with the inner-city pressure...). Hopefully, that'll be the case... :pray:

PatK

Postby PatK » Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:05 pm

LSully9 wrote:You can't not use front row seats!! It would be a travesty of epic proportions! Although, Orlando is a pretty cool trip... My senior trip blew chunks. They were taking us to a taping of Showtime at the Apollo and then dinner somewhere. Needless to say, I didn't go. I took my own trip to Wildwood. And it was awesome. :thumb:

But anyway... Question at hand... They don't come out the front door. They come out a back door down that little side street next to the theater. Usually, the security guys are pretty decent; as long as you listen to them, queue up properly, stay on the pavement, and don't rush the performer when they come out. They have chased people off the street before because some people were being, unruly... And sometimes too if the crowd is large and pushy, they'll hold them inside until the crowd thins... But it seems to me like most people that go to the Tower are turned off by the neighborhood and split pretty fast after the show (I call them 'suburbanites' :lol: They just don't know how to deal with the inner-city pressure...). Hopefully, that'll be the case... :pray:

I'm hoping my own trip will turn out that way as well.

Thanks for the response. I live in the suburbs, but I was raised in the city, so Upper Darby doesn't scare me. There are many places in Philadelphia that do scare me (North Philly, Point Breeze, etc.), but Upper Darby is not one of them, so I'll be there with you guys. Where do you live in Philly, Sully?

Return to “2009 Tour Archives”