Tower Theater 4/18 seats!

The place where all the 2009 North American Tour is now living. Gig threads, pre and post gig threads, meet and greets, the works. All found here.
LSully9
Getting lewd with the food

Re: Tower Theater 4/18 seats!

Postby LSully9 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:58 pm

PatK wrote:I'm hoping my own trip will turn out that way as well.

Thanks for the response. I live in the suburbs, but I was raised in the city, so Upper Darby doesn't scare me. There are many places in Philadelphia that do scare me (North Philly, Point Breeze, etc.), but Upper Darby is not one of them, so I'll be there with you guys. Where do you live in Philly, Sully?

I live out near the airport... So if you need a ride after the show, feel free to find me. lol! It will take me all of 10 minutes to get to the Tower, and I love it! I'm still in the city, and it's not too bad where I'm at... And even as dumpy as 69th street is, it's really not that bad of an area... But then, I went to school in North Philly, so nothing seems as bad given that perspective... :roll:
Two struggling musicians, living in poverty and despair, selling their...instruments.

Rhymnoserous
Giving the paper to the people

Postby Rhymnoserous » Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:37 pm

One week until our show!

I'm sitting here reading over the posts about the previous shows and I'm super excited for the show.

It doesn't hurt that Saturday is my birthday, and I have second row center seats for the 10pm show. :D

Also, a question for those who attended the Tower Theatre show last year: Were cameras allowed in? I have a point-and-shoot, but it's really about the largest/high quality point and shoot there is. Last year, I went to the DC show and had no problems but it really almost looks like a professional camera and I'm afraid they won't let me take it in...so I need to prepare if I'm going to have to hide it.

LSully9

Postby LSully9 » Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:15 pm

I go there a lot, and only once did I have trouble getting a camera in. But that was more than a few years ago. No problems with FotC last year.
Two struggling musicians, living in poverty and despair, selling their...instruments.

LSully9

Postby LSully9 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:57 pm

I was just checking Live Nation and a handful of seats are available for both shows.

Cuse
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby Cuse » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:21 pm

Bless you LSully. I forgot about the Ticketmaster vs. Livenation thing and didn't even think of looking there! I thought the Philly show already happened, or something. :D

Anyways, I'll be there (alone!): ORCH LEFT, Row BB, Seat # 6 (same seat for both shows)

Driving in from my mom's house in the Jerz.

LSully9

Postby LSully9 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:32 am

Cuse wrote:Bless you LSully. I forgot about the Ticketmaster vs. Livenation thing and didn't even think of looking there! I thought the Philly show already happened, or something. :D

Anyways, I'll be there (alone!): ORCH LEFT, Row BB, Seat # 6 (same seat for both shows)

Driving in from my mom's house in the Jerz.

Congrats! I'll see you Saturday!

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:36 am

:clap:
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

Cuse

Postby Cuse » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:28 pm

So, questions:
I assume that the NYC to Philly train doesn't go anywhere near this venue? Driving in is the best option?
How is the parking? Is there something close? Would be nice if I bring my nice camera, I can just take it back to the car if I get busted.
Like I said, I want to bring my fancy camera. How strict are they? What about a backpack? I have a camera backpack that has a "secret" compartment in the bottom to put the camera. I think you can get away with putting some books or something in the top part, and they might not even realize there's a bottom part.

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:30 pm

I went to this venue last year and am going to both shows there tomorrow. I can only speak from last year's experience but there was a designated parking lot nearby and they didn't check bags at the door at all.

I'm in BBB for the 2nd show seat 112- ish IIRC. I saw your pic at Radio City. If you still have the beard and glasses (and Radio City stirrer - I'm bringing mine :wink: ) This Wolf will find you. :rock:

Edit: Oh wait, you're in BB - thought you said BBB ah well we're not too far apart.

Holy flippin crud it's going to be 76 mutha-f-in degrees in Philly manana. :whitey:
90% evil
ImageImage

Cuse

Postby Cuse » Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:35 pm

I dunno about the stirrer, but my beard and glasses will be there! I'll most likely go outside in between shows for a smoke break. Feel free to say Hi.

I'm not complaining being in BB on the side considering I got the tix 2 days before the show :D. The double header thing actually works out great. Makes it more worth it to travel that far.

LSully9

Postby LSully9 » Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:28 am

I go to Tower a lot. Sometimes the check bags, sometimes they don't. I would guess that if you bring a backpack, they may be more inclined to check you out though, if only to make sure you're not bringing in any weapons or, even worse, bottles of water. :roll: When they do check, it's usually a flash with a flashlight and a shake to make sure there's nothing on the bottom. As far as cameras, I've always been told "no professional cameras" and that was always defined as "camera with interchangeable lens," and no video. Parking is located around the corner.

LSully9

Postby LSully9 » Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:35 am

Travel note: I 76 (or the Schyulkill if you're a local) is going to be 1 lane only this weekend I think between South St and Passayunk. Expect a mess if that is on your route.

LSully9

Postby LSully9 » Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:41 am

Cuse wrote:I dunno about the stirrer, but my beard and glasses will be there! I'll most likely go outside in between shows for a smoke break. Feel free to say Hi.

I'll keep an eye out as well. I'll be sitting in front of SW in AAA, but you'll have no trouble spotting me... Thanks to our wonderful sunny weather, a noon lacrosse game, and a lot of stupidity on my part, I now resemble an overcooked lobster... :roll: Just my luck...

Cuse

Postby Cuse » Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:53 am

My iphone told me to take 76. But I just mapquested it, and that says to swing around the north end of philly. Looks longer, but maybe they're keeping the 76 delays in mind. I'm coming from central NJ.

LSully9

Postby LSully9 » Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:14 am

Cuse wrote:My iphone told me to take 76. But I just mapquested it, and that says to swing around the north end of philly. Looks longer, but maybe they're keeping the 76 delays in mind. I'm coming from central NJ.

I think it'll depend on how far down it's telling you to go. I imagine it's telling you to get off at 30th St and go down Market. The construction is past there but I don't know how bad the backup will be...

Return to “2009 Tour Archives”