concert etiquette - discuss

The place where all the 2009 North American Tour is now living. Gig threads, pre and post gig threads, meet and greets, the works. All found here.
Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Re: concert etiquette - discuss

Postby Venus » Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:11 am

Yes I've read about fans giving rather creative gifts. I'm sure the boys appreciate them. I'm so uncreative to come up with something artistic and original but it's great reading about some of the things the boys receive such as chickenkarma's dolls and she even made one for Kristen recently which was very well received :)

Oh and could you PM me your block kellysouthpaw, sorry to jump on the bandwagon but I'm very intrigued :D
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:03 am

All the quoting is making me dizzy.... :rolleyes:

I'd thought about making cookies/biscuits for them but not sure they'd actually eat them. :dunno:
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:57 am

Carol, the guitar picks and bringing them backstage before the show were my suggestions. :D Kelly was right! :thumb:
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!

Cuse
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby Cuse » Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:14 am

I was at the Comix show where they lost their picks. So, yeah, guitar picks!

I recommend Dunlop. The yellow ones (color=size).
http://www.zzounds.com/item--DNP41812

Or the rhymnocerouses!
http://www.zzounds.com/item--DNP421

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:05 pm

LauraK wrote:I'd thought about making cookies/biscuits for them but not sure they'd actually eat them. :dunno:

A fan baked them cookies last year, handed them to Bret. A few shows later someone who knew her asked Jemaine if he enjoyed them but he said Bret horded them. This is one of the many reasons why one of my FOTC questions to James Bobin was - who is more likely to horde cookies, B or J? I wanted to suss out whether hording cookies was typical Bret behavior. :lol: But James said Jemaine was more likely to horde.
90% evil
ImageImage

ASmallTurnip
-- MASTER CRIMINAL -- Root Vegetable Violence a Specialty

Postby ASmallTurnip » Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:23 pm

SheWolf wrote:
LauraK wrote:I'd thought about making cookies/biscuits for them but not sure they'd actually eat them. :dunno:

A fan baked them cookies last year, handed them to Bret. A few shows later someone who knew her asked Jemaine if he enjoyed them but he said Bret horded them. This is one of the many reasons why one of my FOTC questions to James Bobin was - who is more likely to horde cookies, B or J? I wanted to suss out whether hording cookies was typical Bret behavior. :lol: But James said Jemaine was more likely to horde.

This whole post is making me smile quite inanely. I suspect that both boys can be opportunistic hoarders when there's freshly baked home-made cookies to be had. If I recall correctly, James said Bret was more of a toast slut. If anybody's thinking of bringing biscuits and wants to make sure Jemaine gets a look-in, you might have to distract B by wafting a thick buttery toasty slice in front of his nose.

Laura, I'm sure if you make 'em, they'll eat 'em. They're on the road and would probably shed a little tear of joy to eat something homey. I know I would.

.:: She's got two jobs. She's a pastry chef and a sniper ::.

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:54 pm

I was briefly thinking of bringing Jemaine a cupcake from Magnolia Bakery since it's nearby and they are one of those rare things that live up to their hype and some. I eat one of those suckers and my eyes roll back in my head. :drool:
90% evil
ImageImage

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:23 pm

Thanks SheWolf and Turnip- I will def bake them some cookies! Now to choose what kind........:)
ImageImage

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:42 pm

I'd like to bring them something cool and clever. Like handmade screenprinted tees of a rhino and a hippo or something. But I'm not very crafty. I've seen some pretty impressive fan gifts. Baking is something I could definitely do. I'm a bit hesitant though because the LA show is towards the end and by that time, they might be sick of all the sugar or other LA folk will bring them sweets as well. Tea, maybe? I could bring really good tea.
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:54 pm

vmh wrote:I'd like to bring them something cool and clever. Like handmade screenprinted tees of a rhino and a hippo or something. But I'm not very crafty. I've seen some pretty impressive fan gifts. Baking is something I could definitely do. I'm a bit hesitant though because the LA show is towards the end and by that time, they might be sick of all the sugar or other LA folk will bring them sweets as well. Tea, maybe? I could bring really good tea.

I bet they would LOVE tea!

I was going to make them kebabs ;) But that might be a hassle to transport. I still might do it though if I can find an authentic NZ recipe or something

indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby indigo_jones » Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:52 pm

Maybe it's just me, but I might be hesitant to eat food given to me by a total stranger. While the thought behind it is incredibly nice, there's always the risk of someone weird doing something weird to the food. Maybe give them the recipe instead! :lol:
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

slut_angel22@yahoo
Stop touching the monkeys

Postby slut_angel22@yahoo » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:00 pm

I was just thinking the same thing Indigo.

It's too bad we live in a world where we all have to be so wary of things. Your recipe idea seems like a good idea.
Bret: Have been sheared.
Jemaine: Have been shorn.

Carol
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby Carol » Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:19 pm

Maybe it's just me, but I might be hesitant to eat food given to me by a total stranger. While the thought behind it is incredibly nice, there's always the risk of someone weird doing something weird to the food. Maybe give them the recipe instead! :lol:

Excellent idea!
There are people at my work who won't ever eat when we have potluck dinners due to being leery of other people's "cooking habits" and "cleanliness habits". And these are fellow co-workers!
So, good point. Yis, good point.

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:55 pm

I'm not worried....they'll see it as a sweet gesture and either eat them or toss them ~OR~ they'll see it as an attempt at poisoning disguised as a sweet gesture and toss them. :rolleyes:

My cookie recipes are Top Secret.

I'm making them some cookies. :)
ImageImage

slut_angel22@yahoo
Stop touching the monkeys

Postby slut_angel22@yahoo » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:04 pm

Well I hope they don't "toss your cookies". :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
Bret: Have been sheared.
Jemaine: Have been shorn.

Return to “2009 Tour Archives”