*Updated April 24* Held back tickets now appearing online

The place where all the 2009 North American Tour is now living. Gig threads, pre and post gig threads, meet and greets, the works. All found here.
eorious
Consistently Mediocre

Re: *Updated April 24* Held back tickets now appearing online

Postby eorious » Wed May 20, 2009 7:04 am

vmh wrote:eorious - If your offer still stands, I would love the extra ticket.

Cool! vmh, it's all yours. :D I'd feel so guilty letting that ticket go to waste knowing how hard we've all been trying to find these last minute seats. And now I won't look like the loony girl whose date stood her up at the last minute, lol.

eorious
Consistently Mediocre

Postby eorious » Wed May 20, 2009 7:41 am

4everconchordsfan wrote:
Your flights sound like torture, get that ipod or mp3 player loaded up with FOTC, as if it isnt already. LOL. Mine is set for the marathon. Im dreading Friday, working a really long day then have to race to Ohare (Lincolnwood-Ohare in Friday rush hour traffic) & then fly 4 hours. Are you a north sider or south sider?

Vegas, woo hoo, you're in JJ, im in GG center, will get to meet you. Yay. This is great news.

Will be hanging out here a lot, keep me posted.

Hooray 4ever! :yay: I'm so glad you got Berkeley tickets! Sometimes it pays to just jump in like that and hope for the best. I would have been trying to squeeze in LA myself if Monday flights back to Chicago weren't so crazy nuts expensive.

Yeah, I'm really dreading the flights. I have a bit of a phobia when it comes to flying anyway, and having to get on so many planes in such a short timespan is a little overwhelming. I'll definitely be breaking out the big noise blocking headphones and trying to immerse myself in FOTC happiness on the trip.

Girl, we're basically neighbors! I'm in Evanston. That is SO funny. :roll2: You were at the Milwaukee show too, right? Maybe we'll be luckier this time and actually get to meet them. Let's pray for some of that Vegas magic! :D

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Wed May 20, 2009 1:57 pm

4everconchordsfan I sent you a PM - go look.
90% evil
ImageImage

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Wed May 20, 2009 1:58 pm

Cuse wrote:Oh, they'll be back. Most likely. Just not a tour this size. If they don't have a season3/movie, then I predict they'll only do places like NYC/LA/SF/etc in the future. That's kind of the trend. The big tours are normally to either promote something, or take advantage of something that just happened (tv show/new album).

I would tend to agree - but the smaller tours were back before they were so popular in the US. Now that their TV show was a hit and they've got a MUCH bigger fanbase, I don't think they could "get away" with a small tour (playing only NYC/LA/SF). There's too many people in too many states who want to see them. Though I COULD see them doing smaller venues in the future (2500-4000) instead of the huge venues like RCMH and Red Rocks.

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Wed May 20, 2009 2:06 pm

I think if they take a break and do another tour without returning to the TV show the crowds will be significantly smaller and it would work out well.
90% evil
ImageImage

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Wed May 20, 2009 2:59 pm

4everconchordsfan wrote:
It looks like a round trip ticket will cost me about $62.40 if I left from Claremont (it's a little closer to home). Thanks for the suggestion! I've been looking at the schedules through Amtrak but Greyhound seems to be the cheapest option.

Just a quick note, JetBlue has a flight avail Long Beach/Vegas. Leave Long Beach 250pm arrive Vegas 400pm nonstop $129. Just an FYI, it may be too expensive but thought Id throw it out there. Then maybe greyhound one way returning to Claremont?

If I had more time to plan, I probably would fly out. But since this is a last minute thing, Greyhound will do. It'll probably take me almost as long to get to Long Beach by bus than to just leave from Claremont. Thanks for the suggestion though! :D

I ordered my bus tickets just now. I can't wait to see you all in Las Vegas!
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Wed May 20, 2009 4:47 pm

How exciting! I'm so glad to hear about all you WTFers meeting up! :supz:

Regarding the tour.......I think they should come and play my backyard. It's big and I'd invite all you guys. :)
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Wed May 20, 2009 4:54 pm

LauraK wrote:How exciting! I'm so glad to hear about all you WTFers meeting up! :supz:

Regarding the tour.......I think they should come and play my backyard. It's big and I'd invite all you guys. :)

I second this idea. They should have a secret show for all the WTF! members in Laura's backyard. Heck yes!

Although, this also sounds like a good excuse to have them spend the night at your place. Are you going to pull a Mel? Tucking them in at night and all? Ahaha!
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Wed May 20, 2009 5:12 pm

I will tuck Jemaine in, yes I will. You guys can fight over who tucks in Bret...

(Since we're daydreaming here...) :lol:

Oh, and I think Taika, Rhys, Eugene, Arj, Kristen, and Neil Finn will come along as well. It's going to be a big week-long bash. I believe Jemaine said we'll get to see an advance screening of Gentlemen Broncos as well.
(I dream big.) :P
ImageImage

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Wed May 20, 2009 5:19 pm

I dream bigger but my dream isn't family friendly so I'll keep it to myself.

Now ya'll stop chatting' on here ya hear? Coz every time I get an email for this thread I think it might be someone talkin' 'bout Berkeley 6pm tix. :P
90% evil
ImageImage

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Wed May 20, 2009 5:22 pm

I dream that way too, so yeah. Kept in.

:topic:

How many hours is the bus ride, vmh?
ImageImage

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Wed May 20, 2009 5:36 pm

To get to Vegas? 4 hours and 45 minutes.

It's going to be a jam packed weekend. I'll be in LA for another concert on Friday night. The next morning I leave early for Vegas. After the show, I'll be heading back to LA at 3 AM by bus. Then home for a nap. Then back to LA to see them again. But it's sooo worth it. :yay:

alysaanne
Giving the paper to the people

Postby alysaanne » Wed May 20, 2009 6:40 pm

If anyone else is thinking about getting up to the Vegas show, I've also got an extra ticket in row JJ. PM me if you're interested, I don't want it to go to waste!

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Wed May 20, 2009 9:54 pm

eorious- that's awesome of you to offer up your xtra ticket like that! Same to you, alysaanne! WTFers are gerat people! :)

vmh, you're dedicated. May your bus ride be comfy and pass quickly and I hope you all have a meet and greet where the guys aren't in any hurry. :)

I'm so jealous of everyone here attending the CA Finale! But I'm glad you'll be there and we'll get first-hand accounts. It's bound to be awesome. I've been saying all along, Sugalumps has gotten raunchier as they go along.....how will that last one go, I wonder??

*sigh* It's almost over.....:( :shock:
ImageImage

songbird
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby songbird » Wed May 20, 2009 10:24 pm

LauraK wrote:eorious- that's awesome of you to offer up your xtra ticket like that! Same to you, alysaanne! WTFers are gerat people! :)

vmh, you're dedicated. May your bus ride be comfy and pass quickly and I hope you all have a meet and greet where the guys aren't in any hurry. :)

I'm so jealous of everyone here attending the CA Finale! But I'm glad you'll be there and we'll get first-hand accounts. It's bound to be awesome. I've been saying all along, Sugalumps has gotten raunchier as they go along.....how will that last one go, I wonder??
*sigh* It's almost over.....:( :shock:

I've been fantasizing about that too...oh lord, for some reason I get the feeling that they're saving something incredibly naughty for the last show. :shock: only time will tell...
"We're addressing the issues but we're keeping it funky."

Image Image

Return to “2009 Tour Archives”