April 6 - Tampa

The place where all the 2009 North American Tour is now living. Gig threads, pre and post gig threads, meet and greets, the works. All found here.
SheWolf
Boom King!

Re: April 6 - Tampa

Postby SheWolf » Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:40 pm

kellysouthpaw wrote:and SW, just so you know, I'M that kind of moron who would be like, "Oh Okay" and walk away and miss my chance :(
I can tell ya from experience that that's not a wise move. (worries about sounding Mel-ish).

If they didn't meet and greet it's only coz they don't care for charming but obnoxious tampons. :yawinkle:
Last edited by SheWolf on Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
90% evil
ImageImage

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:41 pm

LSully9 wrote:
SheWolf wrote:I think (and hope) that having such rocking seats this time will make me even better able to ignore the arseholes.

Of course it'll be super easy for us to ignore them... They'll all be BEHIND us!!! :high fives SW:
High five back at ya and evil laugh :twisted:
90% evil
ImageImage

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:42 pm

LOL - I'm just not one to ever "go against" authority. Also, I wouldn't want to be sticking around knowing full well Bret and Jemaine didn't want me there :cry:

Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby Venus » Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:42 pm

Yes they did at least meet a few fans because there are people who posted on the facebook fan page with their profile pic set to a picture with them and either Bret and Jemaine and thanking them for meeting up with some of the fans afterwards. I'm guessing this was when the crowd outside died down but I don't know when exactly they came out.

I know some of the reviews about the show are so silly and some of these guys consider themselves as fans? :roll: It does look like they played the Bus Drivers' Song but it's only based on a couple of accounts of people who hadn't recognised this song!
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:45 pm

Not one to ....wait, what??? Rules are made to be broken my chica. Come over to the bolshy side. :twisted: BTW I wasn't referring to my FOTC experience since B&J were served up to us like 2 tasty slices of chocolate mousse pie last year. :drool:
Last edited by SheWolf on Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
90% evil
ImageImage

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:46 pm

Venus wrote:Yes they did at least meet a few fans because there are people who posted on the facebook fan page with their profile pic set to a picture with them and either Bret and Jemaine and thanking them for meeting up with some of the fans afterwards. I'm guessing this was when the crowd outside died down but I don't know when exactly they came out.
Phew thanks Venus, I knew I had heard it somewhere. It's wise of them to at least wait a bit to come out. Separates the men from the boys so to speak.
90% evil
ImageImage

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:47 pm

Yis, I'm just afraid of them NOT being served up this time around. I just would feel SO GUILTY waiting around and meeting them after being told they were waiting for the coast to be clear. That says to me, "We don't want to meet you, we just want to be on our way"...but then again I assume the worst in all situations/intentions so...

LSully9
Getting lewd with the food

Postby LSully9 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:20 pm

kellysouthpaw wrote:LOL - I'm just not one to ever "go against" authority. Also, I wouldn't want to be sticking around knowing full well Bret and Jemaine didn't want me there :cry:

Hmmm... It's not so much going against authority, it's knowing when they mean business. Most places I've been to, security didn't seem to care as long as you were being "good." Once things start getting rowdy or there's too many people for them to control, then they start chasing you away. Usually, once the crowd has thinned, they'll play nice again. Sometimes, security just wants to go home and if you're there, they can't. That's when they'll start being nasty and at that's usually when it's time to go.
Two struggling musicians, living in poverty and despair, selling their...instruments.

LSully9

Postby LSully9 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:22 pm

kellysouthpaw wrote:Yis, I'm just afraid of them NOT being served up this time around. I just would feel SO GUILTY waiting around and meeting them after being told they were waiting for the coast to be clear. That says to me, "We don't want to meet you, we just want to be on our way"...but then again I assume the worst in all situations/intentions so...

"Waiting for the coast to clear" is security talk for: There's too many people here for us to keep control. ;)
Two struggling musicians, living in poverty and despair, selling their...instruments.

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:28 pm

LSully9 wrote:
kellysouthpaw wrote:Yis, I'm just afraid of them NOT being served up this time around. I just would feel SO GUILTY waiting around and meeting them after being told they were waiting for the coast to be clear. That says to me, "We don't want to meet you, we just want to be on our way"...but then again I assume the worst in all situations/intentions so...

"Waiting for the coast to clear" is security talk for: There's too many people here for us to keep control. ;)

I see! ;)

See, I need people to clear this stuff up for me, I'm as close to a concert virgin as one can get (first and only concert was 7 years ago when I saw Weezer with my Uncle lol)

:lol:

Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby Venus » Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:28 pm

It's refreshing to know that the Conchords have such considerate fans such as yourself kellysouthpaw ;)
I wouldn't take what the security says too seriously though. They usually say those things to make the crowds more manageable.

A couple more comments from the blog about the show

I actually prefer the Conchords live (as in the HBO special they did), so I wasn't disappointed in this show at all. Loved it. They're even funnier when it's looser. Doubly glad I went because the guys may never play Tampa again after last night, and no one would blame them. Fans are great; jerky fans, not so much. In addition to throwing the guys off now and then, they annoyed the pretty healthy number of non-jerks in attendance.

Posted by: SJB | April 07, 2009 at 12:07 PM
--------------------------------------------------------
DM - Show started pretty much on time at 7:30PM. Kristen (sorry I misspelled her name in my first post) did about 20 minutes and immediately introduced the Conchords with no break in between.

The Conchords played until 9:30PM - in fact they were stalling during the encore to finish after 9:30PM as "our contract says we have 6 more minutes". Never saw performers want to get off stage more desperately.

Posted by: jlo | April 07, 2009 at 11:56 AM

Oh dear...

Anyway, I can't wait to read reviews about some of the North American shows from WTFers because most of the time you can't take some of these reviews on the net seriously.
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:32 pm

Yeah - a lot of the ones on the net are from, what I like to call, "lapse fans". Fans who ONLY know them from the HBO show and nothing else. :roll:

I have trouble taking anything "lapse fans" say seriously, anyhow. What do they know? lol

*probably has just insulted half the board*

:whistle:

And I'm not sure if it's because I'm considerate, but I just know that I :heart: these boys and I want to do right by them and respect their wishes (even if that means no meet and greets).

And I am constantly trying to keep the "Mel" part of my brain in check, so sometimes I err on the side of trying to NOT be like that.

LSully9

Postby LSully9 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:37 pm

The Conchords played until 9:30PM - in fact they were stalling during the encore to finish after 9:30PM as "our contract says we have 6 more minutes". Never saw performers want to get off stage more desperately.

Posted by: jlo | April 07, 2009 at 11:56 AM

Perhaps they wanted to go so bad because of all the hecklers... :|

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:48 pm

Jeesh how does that person determine that they were eager to get off stage simply because they made a joke about the timeframe? It was their first show and maybe they didn't time it properly.

I'm glad we have Sully to translate security guard speak for us. :wink:
90% evil
ImageImage

Carol
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby Carol » Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:39 pm

Ohh, I so hope the Nashville audience won't be like the "Tampons".
Enthusiastic, yes. Intrusive, no. Interfering with a performer's performance is simply the height of rudeness-not to mention a total lack of class.
I have hereby been banned by my daughter from reading any more reviews. She thinks I'm going to ruin it for myself if I keep reading. She just DOESN'T understand. :)

BTW-all you pit-sitters and multi-show attenders are making all of us one-time-only and in-the-backers really depressed. :( :yawinkle:

Kelly-we have years between us, but we are kindred in our thinking. I would leave if a security guard said they weren't coming out--and for the very reasons you stated. HOWEVER, now that I've read what SW and Lsully had to say, I'm def gonna give it a shot....Maybe.

Return to “2009 Tour Archives”