April 6 - Tampa

The place where all the 2009 North American Tour is now living. Gig threads, pre and post gig threads, meet and greets, the works. All found here.
Sherry
Professional Blonde

Re: April 6 - Tampa

Postby Sherry » Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:41 pm

Have these been posted here yet?

From lisalisa88 (sent me the link so am hoping she won't mind sharing the pics)

Enjoy

http://www.flickr.com/photos/37120416@N ... 363984085/

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:51 pm

I haven't seen those. Thanks. I'm having a hard time fully accepting Jemaine in that um...whatever type of apparel that is but robot heads make up for it. :lol:
90% evil
ImageImage

lisalisa88
New arrival

Postby lisalisa88 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:00 pm

I don't mind :D Thanks for sharing.

Last night concert was awesome!
I'll also be at the Orlando show. I can't wait!

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:05 pm

OK so are you sitting comfortably :D

Linkage to major amount of clips from the gig

Thanks lisalisa88 :D

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:19 pm

Lisa - in which row were you sitting? I ask because I'm trying to gauge about how far I'm going to be from the guys so I know which camera to take (one has crappy zoom but takes great pictures, one has great zoom but takes crappy pictures)...

Those are great clips/pictures. I can't wait to upload all of mine for you all to see :)

lisalisa88
New arrival

Postby lisalisa88 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:33 pm

kellysouthpaw wrote:Lisa - in which row were you sitting? I ask because I'm trying to gauge about how far I'm going to be from the guys so I know which camera to take (one has crappy zoom but takes great pictures, one has great zoom but takes crappy pictures)...

Those are great clips/pictures. I can't wait to upload all of mine for you all to see :)

Hi Kelly - Thanks! I was 10th row back though I felt a lot closer. I took my little Canon SD1000 IS that has a
3x Optical/4x Digital/12x Combined Zoom if that helps. I would say most of the videos were on the higher zoom.

I was a playing with the zooms to see which would look best. The shaking on the other hand I have to apologize for.
I haven't mastered a steady hand while filming AND laughing :lol:

I look forward to seeing your videos too!

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:41 pm

Okay! What kind of zoom were you using for your pictures? I can't keep a steady hand either. One of my cameras has image stabilization, one doesn't. But the one that doesn't is really small and compact so I'll have to pack that one if I have to sneak it in 8)

So I'm hoping I can bring both :) One takes great movies for clips, one takes great pictures.

Thanks for answering my silly questions, by the by, and welcome to the board!

lisalisa88
New arrival

Postby lisalisa88 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:26 pm

kellysouthpaw wrote:Okay! What kind of zoom were you using for your pictures? I can't keep a steady hand either. One of my cameras has image stabilization, one doesn't. But the one that doesn't is really small and compact so I'll have to pack that one if I have to sneak it in 8)

So I'm hoping I can bring both :) One takes great movies for clips, one takes great pictures.

Thanks for answering my silly questions, by the by, and welcome to the board!

Thanks! ...not silly questions... it's research for your show LOL!
For the close up pictures I used the 12x which is the highest this camera will go. Mine also has image stabilization. The key with is to make sure it's focused before you click :o)

btw, I uploaded two more videos I found :o) http://www.youtube.com/user/lisalisa88

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:30 pm

BTW-all you pit-sitters and multi-show attenders are making all of us one-time-only and in-the-backers really depressed.

Yis, but remember Carol- we're going to clearly see the look on their faces when someone yells out in the middle of a song and screws things up. :(
I so hope that doesn't happen.

I'm wondering what they'll think of the loud-mouthed woman who stands up and yells at the hecklers to shut up and let them do their thing- uninterrupted. I'll probably be the one booted....

Kelly- I won't let you leave! We're going to wait for them until it becomes reasonably obvious that they snuck out some other way! If Tom gets tired, he can go have a nap in the van.

PS- Welcome to the board, Lisa!
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:42 pm

Don't stand up then Laura. The ushers won't be able to pinpoint where you are if you just yell back without standing up. The GUYS might see you, but I doubt they'd rat you out if you were trying to shut up the hecklers.

And thanks for not letting me leave, seriously. I'll probably be really tempted to just to avoid the awkwardness of the situation, but if I have someone there who is encouraging me I'll be fine :)

17 days ;)

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:50 pm

True....standing would be like wearing a sign that says "Here I am! Kick me out!" :o

But in my fantasies that's when Jemaine would jump off his stool and yell something at security like: "Stop! That lovely young woman was just defending us! I'd like for her to come up onstage and see the rest of the show from there....." he pulls a chair over for me, then looks at me and adds: "You're welcome to join us backstage afterwards as well....bring your husband and a few friends..." :wink:

Imaaaaaaaaaaaagination! Can you say "working overtime?" :lol:
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

Austin
Giving the paper to the people

Postby Austin » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:56 pm

Carol wrote:Ohh, I so hope the Nashville audience won't be like the "Tampons".
Enthusiastic, yes. Intrusive, no. Interfering with a performer's performance is simply the height of rudeness-not to mention a total lack of class.
I have hereby been banned by my daughter from reading any more reviews. She thinks I'm going to ruin it for myself if I keep reading. She just DOESN'T understand. :)

BTW-all you pit-sitters and multi-show attenders are making all of us one-time-only and in-the-backers really depressed. :( :yawinkle:

Kelly-we have years between us, but we are kindred in our thinking. I would leave if a security guard said they weren't coming out--and for the very reasons you stated. HOWEVER, now that I've read what SW and Lsully had to say, I'm def gonna give it a shot....Maybe.

Here's hoping so, Carol, but I doubt it will happen. I'm not sure if the Ryman serves alcohol or not (I'm pretty sure they don't) but there's nothing in the world that can stop some of the ladies out there.

And I was hoping on you to keep me company on the quest for a meet and greet... :yawinkle:
They call it a fly because it takes you up to Heaven

I lurk left.... a lot.

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:46 pm

Austin wrote: but there's nothing in the world that can stop some of the ladies out there.:
Ladies? IIRC from last year's gig the hecklers were mostly men.
90% evil
ImageImage

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:19 pm

More pics via Metromix

View them here

http://tampabay.metromix.com/music/phot ... 51/content

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:22 pm

At the risk of sounding incredibly dense (which I am, probably), what does IIRC stand for?

Edit: After some REALLY hard thinking, I've come up with "If I Remember Correctly"

Am I correct?

Return to “2009 Tour Archives”