April 8 - Orlando, Florida

The place where all the 2009 North American Tour is now living. Gig threads, pre and post gig threads, meet and greets, the works. All found here.
Sherry
Professional Blonde

April 8 - Orlando, Florida

Postby Sherry » Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:43 pm

OK, so the gig hasn't even begun but this was tweeted and I couldn't not share :lol:

tvldiva
Feeling much better now...

Re: April 8 - Orlando, Florida

Postby tvldiva » Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:31 pm

:nod: I love the subterfuge of this shot! hehehehe

:whitey: Only one month to go until Austin.....***squealing like a little girl with excitement*** :cheer:
Why don't you accept me as your God!?

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:34 pm

Some lucky woman tweeted she was listening to the soundcheck while working :shock: :rock:

ASmallTurnip
-- MASTER CRIMINAL -- Root Vegetable Violence a Specialty

Postby ASmallTurnip » Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:41 pm

Jaysus. That looks like a stadium. Look at all that plastic! The acoustics in that joint must.....not be optimal.

I'd be interested to hear how playing their act in venues like this compare to their experiences performing in smaller places - you know, even just the from the perspective of sound engineering. Because it's got to be a bit of a bloody nightmare adjusting for such differences in the tour venues. Or maybe not. Maybe that's kind of fun! I hope so, at any rate.

.:: She's got two jobs. She's a pastry chef and a sniper ::.

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:38 am

They should be on soon...... :rock: Looking forward to more pics, vids and stories! 8)
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:21 am

The show is probably close to over now...can't wait to start reading reports!

*loves stealing wireless from neighbors whilst at her internet-less grandmothers* :twisted:

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:55 am

The only thing I heard was that the show was great, except for a few "frat boys". :evil:
There was a gorgeous profile pic of Bret posted, but I'm not sure if it was from the show.
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!

lisalisa88
New arrival

Postby lisalisa88 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:20 am

The show was AMAZING!! The only thing with this show was that security told us no pictures during the show :(
I was able to capture some non-flash pictures but no video as I was sitting 3rd row and occasionally saw security tell people to put the camera's away. Between myself and my friend Kristin we got some good photos. Absolutely amazing show!

And.... we got to meet them!!! I am still grinning ear to ear! We waited outside for them for what was close to 2 hours ish and
they came out from the back with huge smiles and lots of energy. Bret, Jermaine, Kristen (Mel) and Nigel... such a pleasure to meet them. I can't say enough how nice and engaging they were to everyone. I asked both Bret and Jermaine to sign my 'Band Meeting' t-shirt with their names with the word 'present' under. My new favorite shirt!

Kristen (Mel) did a great job with her opening act. Hilarious! Then introduced the band. The opening song was Too Many D... on The Dance Floor. It was great. They also played Suga Lumps (which included them dancing- tee hee hee!), Jenny, Business Time, The Most Beautiful Girl in the Room, Mutha 'Uckas, Think About It, Hurt Feelings... to name a few. Then as they were going to sing their last song a few people yelled out for them to sing If You're Into It. So even though it was not planned, they sang it for us :o) They joked before the last song on how the concert was already over (as they were in overtime for adding the song for us). The crowd loved it! How could they not, right? ;)

I must say in my opinion the boys 'seemed' more rested and/or enjoyed themselves a bit more on stage at this concert vs the Tampa concert I saw. Tampa was great, don't get me wrong. But Orlando they were laughing more on stage and 'seemed' to be having more fun with it. Again, it could be that they were more rested. In either case I am super happy to have been able to see both concerts!!

Here are the pictures I was able to get. If I receive anymore from friends, I will be sure to share.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/37120416@N ... 443483559/

Thanks again for all the tips from previous shows! Off I go to bed after an awesome night! Good Night :o)

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:08 pm

A soundcheck pic. Gotta love Twitter. Also gives you an idea of the size of the place they filled

WomanInThePark
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby WomanInThePark » Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:33 pm

That band meeting shirt is awesome.
Beth, did you really need to fake your death?

EvilMoose
Half a shapely halibut

Postby EvilMoose » Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:58 pm

I wholeheartily agree with LisaLisa. The show was awesome. I just have one beef though.

Maybe I'm a little out of touch, the last concert I went to was David Bowie's Sound + Vision, but when did it become okay to start shouting out requests? I understand maybe once or twice to see if the guys would actually acquiesce but once it was made obvious that it wasn't going to happen it should have stopped. It got to the point where the guys were starting to become perturbed and actually said something about it not once, but twice.

All in all though it was a great night out and I'm so happy that I finally had the chance to see them.
To me religion seems like a bunch of people talking to their imaginary friend. - Dylan Moran

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:09 pm

Nancy Hillner wrote:The only thing I heard was that the show was great, except for a few "frat boys". :evil:
There was a gorgeous profile pic of Bret posted, but I'm not sure if it was from the show.

Gorgeous enough to share? :lol:

Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby Venus » Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:29 pm

Thanks for your review and pictures Lisa, they're awesome! Very good idea to get Bret and Jemaine to sign the 'Band Meeting' t-shirt with 'Present' :D

Found an album of meet and greet pictures:
http://s558.photobucket.com/albums/ss25/ajk911pd/

Twitpic of meet and greet:
http://twitpic.com/319xe

If You're Into It :D :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c23lyKxO4C4
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby Venus » Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:44 pm

Oh and could you describe the Merchandise on sale at the concert Lisa? Someone said that they didn't see any tour programmes.
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:55 pm

At the end of If You're Into It, Jemaine responding to a dude who yelled something:
"I think he said 'I admire your body.' Thank you, Man." :lol:

Awesome pics, vids and stories everyone! Thanks so much for sharing!
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

Return to “2009 Tour Archives”