April 8 - Orlando, Florida

The place where all the 2009 North American Tour is now living. Gig threads, pre and post gig threads, meet and greets, the works. All found here.
AEW21
Lost but happy at sea

Re: April 8 - Orlando, Florida

Postby AEW21 » Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:41 am

This kind of fun, jabbing banter continued between songs. Some of the best coming from Jemaine — at one point he told an audience member who was making some noise, “Don’t feel like you have to entertain because we have it under control up here.” Later in the evening, one person confused a song title while yelling a request to which Jemaine responded “You can’t just yell out any random thing and expect us to spin it into gold.”

Ahh, the fine, razor sharp wit of Mr. Clement... Le Sigh :lol:

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:02 am

Sherry wrote:
Nancy Hillner wrote:The only thing I heard was that the show was great, except for a few "frat boys". :evil:
There was a gorgeous profile pic of Bret posted, but I'm not sure if it was from the show.

Gorgeous enough to share? :lol:

Sorry, Sherry. I posted that before turning in, and when I went to find it today, it wasn't there. :dunno:
I realize now that it wasn't a show shot, because he didn't have the shirt and tie on. I just hadn't seen it before, and I thought it was from Orlando - oops. :oops:

Nice to hear the guys got a little rest, and it seems they had a good time during the show. :D
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!

jm513
Boom Queen Baby

Postby jm513 » Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:39 am

LauraK wrote:Hi Moose...I like evil. :twisted:

No way will I leave after the show, I'd be too afraid they'd come out and I'd miss em.

Hmmm, I wonder if the Fox will be at half capacity? That seems odd.....how large was that venue?

It is either 10 thousand or 5 thousand. I know I saw the number 5000 thrown around, but I can't remember if that is the arena size before or after they split it for the show...
"I can't brain today - I haz teh dumb"

LSully9
Getting lewd with the food

Postby LSully9 » Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:00 am

jm513 wrote:
LauraK wrote:Hi Moose...I like evil. :twisted:

No way will I leave after the show, I'd be too afraid they'd come out and I'd miss em.

Hmmm, I wonder if the Fox will be at half capacity? That seems odd.....how large was that venue?

It is either 10 thousand or 5 thousand. I know I saw the number 5000 thrown around, but I can't remember if that is the arena size before or after they split it for the show...

I'm going to guess that 5000 was the half-house. Looking at the seating chart, it looks a lot like the arena at my university and that's a fairly large arena.
Two struggling musicians, living in poverty and despair, selling their...instruments.

Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby Venus » Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:33 pm

mockingbird wrote:
Venus wrote:Hi there Jess! I'm Venus :)

Your name is really Venus? That's a very cool name.

SheWolf wrote:Why would they do that?

The only thing I can think of is they felt like the show wouldn't work as well if the crowd was too big.

So sorry you missed them, Jess. But it sounds like an awesome show.

Has anyone ever considered going to a bar or something for an hour or so after the show, then coming back? I'd probably be too paranoid to actually do that, but it sounds reasonable... they don't seem to come out until at least then, and two hours is a really long time to hang around outside a building. I'm going to need to bring some Mad Libs, at least. :)

Nah my real name isn't Venus, just a nickname ;)

Yeah I was thinking the same about them wanting the crowd not to be too big.

Great updates on the tour page Sherry. Btw you can take off the link to 'Sellotape' because whoever put it up on YouTube has taken it down since the middle of the video wasn't working properly.
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

Return to “2009 Tour Archives”