April 8 - Orlando, Florida

The place where all the 2009 North American Tour is now living. Gig threads, pre and post gig threads, meet and greets, the works. All found here.
lisalisa88
New arrival

Re: April 8 - Orlando, Florida

Postby lisalisa88 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:58 pm

Venus wrote:
Oh and could you describe the Merchandise on sale at the concert Lisa? Someone said that they didn't see any tour programmes.

Hi Venus,

I honestly don't remember there being a tour program. Though I was not looking for one. The t-shirts were the same from
both concerts I went to. Four... or maybe it was five to choose from. Band Meeting, Black with crest, blue ones...some pics are on the Coral Gables, Florida write up. Ladies sizes are $25. Lets see, I remember stickers and posters too. But I'm not sure of the specifics.

:o) Also, the video If You're Into It is the song they did for us that wasn't planned. Nice of them :clap:

Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby Venus » Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:08 pm

lisalisa88 wrote:
Venus wrote:
Oh and could you describe the Merchandise on sale at the concert Lisa? Someone said that they didn't see any tour programmes.

Hi Venus,

I honestly don't remember there being a tour program. Though I was not looking for one. The t-shirts were the same from
both concerts I went to. Four... or maybe it was five to choose from. Band Meeting, Black with crest, blue ones...some pics are on the Coral Gables, Florida write up. Ladies sizes are $25. Lets see, I remember stickers and posters too. But I'm not sure of the specifics.

:o) Also, the video If You're Into It is the song they did for us that wasn't planned. Nice of them :clap:

Cool, thanks for the info! :D

Yeah it's really nice of them to respond to the crowd's requests. I love that part too LauraK at the end of the video too :lol:

I read this happened at the show:

That reminded me of something funny that happened right after the concert started. Someone yelled from the audience "Band Meeting.....Jemaine??" and Jemaine caught on immediately and called out 'present'. Then he said "Bret?" and of course Bret called out that he was 'present'. Then the guys pointed to the audience and said "audience??" and we all called out 'present' too. I thought it was pretty funny

:lol:
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:20 pm

Oh, that is neat! I'm glad they played along. :)

I'm still so afraid that the shout-outs are driving them bonkers inside....... :?
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

Venus

Postby Venus » Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:47 pm

&

trefusis
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby trefusis » Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:54 pm

LauraK wrote:At the end of If You're Into It, Jemaine responding to a dude who yelled something:
"I think he said 'I admire your body.' Thank you, Man." :lol:

Excellent! :clap:

Loving the chance to see all this stuff and get a bit of vicarious gig action. Some pretty fine pictures out there (despite undeniable presence of Bret's wedding ring :wink: ) :D

How fantastic of them is it to keep up the meet and greets at these sizes of venue?
That's the conclusion that I've come to, but...

Venus

Postby Venus » Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:00 pm

&

The Talking Stove
Giving the paper to the people

Postby The Talking Stove » Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:11 pm

Venus wrote:
That reminded me of something funny that happened right after the concert started. Someone yelled from the audience "Band Meeting.....Jemaine??" and Jemaine caught on immediately and called out 'present'. Then he said "Bret?" and of course Bret called out that he was 'present'. Then the guys pointed to the audience and said "audience??" and we all called out 'present' too. I thought it was pretty funny

Heehee! Now that is quality heckling/interaction. I get more jealous with each new day's postings!
Have you ever been told that you look like a llama?

jm513
Boom Queen Baby

Postby jm513 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:23 pm

here are some more pics from last night. The show was good, people slightly loud, but not as horrid as I imagined they'd be...

"I can't brain today - I haz teh dumb"

jm513
Boom Queen Baby

Postby jm513 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:29 pm

lisalisa88 wrote:The show was AMAZING!! The only thing with this show was that security told us no pictures during the show :(
I was able to capture some non-flash pictures but no video as I was sitting 3rd row and occasionally saw security tell people to put the camera's away. Between myself and my friend Kristin we got some good photos. Absolutely amazing show!

And.... we got to meet them!!! I am still grinning ear to ear! We waited outside for them for what was close to 2 hours ish and
they came out from the back with huge smiles and lots of energy. Bret, Jermaine, Kristen (Mel) and Nigel... such a pleasure to meet them. I can't say enough how nice and engaging they were to everyone. I asked both Bret and Jermaine to sign my 'Band Meeting' t-shirt with their names with the word 'present' under. My new favorite shirt!

Kristen (Mel) did a great job with her opening act. Hilarious! Then introduced the band. The opening song was Too Many D... on The Dance Floor. It was great. They also played Suga Lumps (which included them dancing- tee hee hee!), Jenny, Business Time, The Most Beautiful Girl in the Room, Mutha 'Uckas, Think About It, Hurt Feelings... to name a few. Then as they were going to sing their last song a few people yelled out for them to sing If You're Into It. So even though it was not planned, they sang it for us :o) They joked before the last song on how the concert was already over (as they were in overtime for adding the song for us). The crowd loved it! How could they not, right? ;)

I must say in my opinion the boys 'seemed' more rested and/or enjoyed themselves a bit more on stage at this concert vs the Tampa concert I saw. Tampa was great, don't get me wrong. But Orlando they were laughing more on stage and 'seemed' to be having more fun with it. Again, it could be that they were more rested. In either case I am super happy to have been able to see both concerts!!

Here are the pictures I was able to get. If I receive anymore from friends, I will be sure to share.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/37120416@N ... 443483559/

Thanks again for all the tips from previous shows! Off I go to bed after an awesome night! Good Night :o)

oh...........this makes me so sad :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: I stood out there for an hour - my toes were numb they were so cold and I hadn't eaten since about 11. When the guys who work there came out and said they would be walking through but not stopping to sign anything I gave up. And I knew I'd hear after that they did and cry a bit........ :( :( :(

jm513
Boom Queen Baby

Postby jm513 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:31 pm

trefusis wrote:
LauraK wrote:At the end of If You're Into It, Jemaine responding to a dude who yelled something:
"I think he said 'I admire your body.' Thank you, Man." :lol:

Excellent! :clap:

Loving the chance to see all this stuff and get a bit of vicarious gig action. Some pretty fine pictures out there (despite undeniable presence of Bret's wedding ring :wink: ) :D

How fantastic of them is it to keep up the meet and greets at these sizes of venue?

Bret lost his ring mid-way through the show, but he found it later. It was funny in an "uh oh" kinda way :lol:

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:32 pm

EvilMoose wrote:I wholeheartily agree with LisaLisa. The show was awesome. I just have one beef though.

Maybe I'm a little out of touch, the last concert I went to was David Bowie's Sound + Vision, but when did it become okay to start shouting out requests? I understand maybe once or twice to see if the guys would actually acquiesce but once it was made obvious that it wasn't going to happen it should have stopped. It got to the point where the guys were starting to become perturbed and actually said something about it not once, but twice.

All in all though it was a great night out and I'm so happy that I finally had the chance to see them.

Evil o Evil Moose! So good to see you. :bighug: Crept out of the Evil woods to go see the Conchords at last. Glad you had a good time.

Funnily enough I saw Bowie on his Sound + Vision tour also. Not a song request to be heard during that one :lol: :roll:

It has been an annoying trend during gigs over there. Alas people seem to forget they have a set list and jokes scripted for in between and stuff. Hopefully it improves as the tour progresses, rather than gets worse.

I think the thing is, many people genuinely have no idea (and nor will they ever as they just are not that kind of fan to read more than the TV guide or tune in to the HBO show, or buy an album) that it makes the guys uncomfortable and they don't like it happening as it disrupts things.

Anyways, don't be a stranger Ms Moosey of Evil. I expect to see you back here again soon.

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:33 pm

Love that last pic of Jem holding his guitar down, Venus. He's looking right into the camera! :heartbeat:

Super-fantastic! :D

I'm pretty anal and tend to overthink and over-worry every detail, so actually knowing that we'll be in a queue with railings to keep others from cutting in is fine with me, even if it does separate us from them a bit. It's for everyone's safety- especially theirs. They sure seem to make up for it by reallyleaning in for the pics, so it's all good! :D
ImageImage

Venus

Postby Venus » Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:33 pm

Thanks for sharing those pics jm513 :D
&

jm513
Boom Queen Baby

Postby jm513 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:36 pm

wow..........I know I don't post much in here anymore when someone calls me jm513..... :shock: ....... :lol:

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:38 pm

oh...........this makes me so sad I stood out there for an hour - my toes were numb they were so cold and I hadn't eaten since about 11. When the guys who work there came out and said they would be walking through but not stopping to sign anything I gave up. And I knew I'd hear after that they did and cry a bit........

Oh no! That does suck......I'm really sorry you missed them. :(

Their security probably does that in hopes of thinning the herd as much as possible.
We will not be deterred!

How close were your seats, JM?
Yup, now I'm calling you that too, lol! I've only been here a month. What's your name? :)
ImageImage

Return to “2009 Tour Archives”