2009 Tour - Camera/Cellphone/Bag Policies

The place where all the 2009 North American Tour is now living. Gig threads, pre and post gig threads, meet and greets, the works. All found here.
SheWolf
Boom King!

Re: 2009 Tour - Camera/Cellphone/Bag Policies

Postby SheWolf » Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:59 pm

FOTC owe a great deal of their notoriety to the internet. They themselves have little to no control over how big they become.

I enjoy seeing other fans pics and vids, I think we all do, they take nothing away from FOTC, they only add to our appreciation of them.
90% evil
ImageImage

prettyrobyngirl
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby prettyrobyngirl » Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:05 pm

SheWolf wrote:FOTC owe a great deal of their notoriety to the internet. They themselves have little to no control over how big they become.

I enjoy seeing other fans pics and vids, I think we all do, they take nothing away from FOTC, they only add to our appreciation of them.

Well said SheWolf!

On this topic, I know I have heard Jemaine say (I think on one of the RadioNZ interviews from last year) that it didn't bother them at all about having their stuff on the internet. He did follow with a "... I probably should be saying that", but still doesn't seem to mind. Thankfully.
Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination.

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:12 pm

Ah yis he did say that - good one robygirl.
90% evil
ImageImage

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:11 pm

SheWolf wrote:FOTC owe a great deal of their notoriety to the internet. They themselves have little to no control over how big they become.

I enjoy seeing them for sure, but truthfully watching some fuzzy head blobs on a You Tube clip filmed from row ZZZ, with constant camera movement and where the sound is appalling also does nothing for me :hrmpf: It certainly does not enhance my appreciation of them. Just makes me bemoan the fact someone even bothered to post such a thing and I wasted time watching it :lol: :roll: Same with those pics that are the same sort of thing. A tiny fuzzy head that may or may not be Jemaine. Or Bret. Or even Nigel. Impossible to tell as I can't make anything out other than fuzz :roll: Hence me saying what I did.

ardy
Redheads not warheads

Postby ardy » Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:37 pm

to those who've been to shows already...

at your venue, was there a walk-thru metal detector and/or wand scanner as needed?

how'd that work out?
...Detroit - City of Tomorrow...

take this sinking boat and point it home..we've still got time...

Austin
Giving the paper to the people

Postby Austin » Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:49 pm

Not at all, ardy. I'm assuming ladies had their cameras in their purses and the fellas had them in a pocket. Myself, I had mine in my jacket pocket, and nobody noticed.
They call it a fly because it takes you up to Heaven

I lurk left.... a lot.

stank
Giving the paper to the people

Postby stank » Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:52 pm

Oh, so not even pat downs? I thought they'd at least do those. I was trying to figure out whether how I was going to smuggle it.

Cuse
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby Cuse » Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:53 pm

NY they were checking bags with little sticks. So if you had a false bottom, probably no problem. I didn't see a metal detector, but I swore I saw a guy getting wanded.

Philly I walked in with a full sized backpack, no problem.

andy
Lost but happy at sea

Postby andy » Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:02 pm

for the toronto show, there was no patting or opening your bags at all. In fact, they dont even scan your ticket. you can walk in with a ticket to a different show and they probably wont notice haha.
They try to get me doing time
For committing the perfect rhyme
My face is on rhyme watch and all that crap
They’re accusing ME of attempted rap
Help! Help! The Rhymenoceros, he's rapping me
F-F-F-F-F-F-F-F-F-F-F-F-Folk music!

ardy
Redheads not warheads

Postby ardy » Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:17 pm

detroit is saying they have a walk-thru metal detector and will wand as needed so i guess we'll just wait and see...

yay detroit :|
...Detroit - City of Tomorrow...

take this sinking boat and point it home..we've still got time...

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:07 pm

Sherry wrote:I enjoy seeing them for sure, but truthfully watching some fuzzy head blobs on a You Tube clip filmed from row ZZZ, with constant camera movement and where the sound is appalling also does nothing for me :hrmpf: It certainly does not enhance my appreciation of them. Just makes me bemoan the fact someone even bothered to post such a thing and I wasted time watching it
Oh yeah, yeah, I feel the same. I don't watch the crap quality stuff.
90% evil
ImageImage

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:09 pm

ardy wrote:detroit is saying they have a walk-thru metal detector and will wand as needed so i guess we'll just wait and see...yay detroit :|
What is it the freakin' airport?

At Radio City the guy asked me to open my bag and he looked away, said sorry and stuck a wand in the bag for like 1/18th of a second, it was like he was embarrased to peak in a ladies small backpack. Nothing at Philly - you just walk right in.
90% evil
ImageImage

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:55 pm

Well, my camera's in the false-bottom of my purse so I'm just going to cross my fingers, hand them my purse and hope the search is quick.
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

Bad Atom
The "Play Whatever You Want!" Guy

Postby Bad Atom » Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:27 am

I wrapped my camera in a Ziploc bag and stuffed it in my undies - I called it my third sugalump. :) As it turns out, it wasn't necessary. I didn't set off any alarms and the theater folks didn't give me a second glance. For the second show I just kept the camera in my pocket.

WhippetGood
Lost but happy at sea

Postby WhippetGood » Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:46 pm

Bad Atom wrote:I wrapped my camera in a Ziploc bag and stuffed it in my undies - I called it my third sugalump. :) As it turns out, it wasn't necessary. I didn't set off any alarms and the theater folks didn't give me a second glance. For the second show I just kept the camera in my pocket.

OMG! That's dedication! Loves it!

Return to “2009 Tour Archives”