April 13 - Washington, DC

The place where all the 2009 North American Tour is now living. Gig threads, pre and post gig threads, meet and greets, the works. All found here.
kellysouthpaw

April 13 - Washington, DC

Postby kellysouthpaw » Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:06 pm

Post your experiences here!

:D

WomanInThePark
Registered Rhymnecologist

Re: April 13 - Washington, DC

Postby WomanInThePark » Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:44 pm

I cannot wait!
Beth, did you really need to fake your death?

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:23 am

First reports coming in via twitter is that the show was overall pretty good - but there were some problem hecklers and the guys only did one encore (possible reasons for no second encore is that people were leaving...but I think maybe it was also because of said heckler problem?)

But I'll wait for some actual write-ups before I make up my mind on this :hrm: Maybe the heckler issue wasn't as bad as reported...? :pray:

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:11 am

Sounds like Bret-y was sick :( No meet and greet...

*sigh* I hope he gets better soon! No good :(

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:25 am

Oh No, on both fronts! Sorry for Bret- hope he's soon better......and sorry for the fans. :( Even though they're bound to be disappointed, I'm sure they understand.

{{{{Bret}}}}
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

ASmallTurnip
-- MASTER CRIMINAL -- Root Vegetable Violence a Specialty

Postby ASmallTurnip » Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:38 am

Ach, the puir wee bairn!

Judging by the reports on Twitter, Bret visibly had the cold sweats and was taking sips of tea throughout the gig. Sounds like the poor kiddo has a doozy of a cold. I think it was a really, really good idea to skip the lengthy DC meet-and-greet so Bret could get some much-needed rest so he's in some kind of shape to play tomorrow night's gig. It would be desperately disappointing to the fans if they had to cancel show because of illness - much, much better to crash early and log some good snooze-hours.

I'm beaming up magic thoughts for Bret's immune system right now. Feel better, my curly-haired friend! Go lymphocytes go! Yeah! Show those nasty rhinoviruses who's boss! You can do it! Whoooooooooo!

.:: She's got two jobs. She's a pastry chef and a sniper ::.

trefusis

Postby trefusis » Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:29 am

Aww, bless him. :(

As an Irish Mammy, hearing that makes me want to tuck him up in a bed on the sofa with kiddie TV, Egg In A Cup and a spoonful of honey. In real life I wish him a good long sleep.
That's the conclusion that I've come to, but...

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:35 am

Sorry to hear Bret isn't well. Hopefully its nothing to nasty and a few nights decent sleep will help sort him out.

Someone said no meet and greet without a VIP pass but not sure that is correct.

More later

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:08 am

I just heard no meet and greet, and no 2nd encore. The lights and music came on immediately. I'm thinking probably to give Bret as much time to rest as possible.

:goodman:

Get better, Little B!

LSully9
Getting lewd with the food

Postby LSully9 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:59 pm

Cold sweats??? That is not good. Rest up and feel better soon!
Two struggling musicians, living in poverty and despair, selling their...instruments.

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:55 pm

Oh man, ya know Little B was looking a tad deathlike (though still adorable of course) in some of the recent fan pix, I thought he was just tired but...anyhoo, Bretty - hot water with honey and lemon, babes all the way and you'll be good as new in no time. (praying he's good enough for a meet and greet tonight - or that if not at least Jem does one solo).

Ooh these pix are great: http://www.flickr.com/photos/dtutak/set ... 662388721/
90% evil
ImageImage

Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby Venus » Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:36 pm

Yeah I heard about Bret being sick. Poor guy, I really hope he gets well soon! Looks like they still managed to give a great performance despite a few hecklers and Jemaine having to talk to them as if they were babies :lol:.
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

Venus

Postby Venus » Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:43 pm

Btw thanks for posting those pics SW.

A few more here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/robotrock/
&

WomanInThePark

Postby WomanInThePark » Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:48 pm

Aw, I had no idea Bret was sick. Poor guy.
The concert was pretty awesome. The doors were supposed to open at 7 and the show was to start at 7:30, but instead the doors opened at 6:30 and the show began at 7:55 (with Kristen). So we sat around for a while. I bought the xylophone shirts, and then we chilled out, admiring our front row seats.
Jemaine introduced Kristen. He said he was like the funniest sound you had ever heard, except funnier. This was perhaps a slight exaggeration. Kristen was very funny. Then she introduced the band, and they came on.
They played:
Too Many Dicks--with their robot suits, of course. I loved it. "Too many dicks on the dicks on the dicks on the dick dick dick dick dick dick dick"
Hurt Feelings--and then they brought on Nigel, who I love madly.
Stana--Just as weird as I expected it to be, and very funny.
Jenny
Bowie's In Space
Most Beautiful Girl
Business Time
If You're Into It
Carol Brown--Bret told us to do the ahh-ahh-ahh part, but basically no one did. I attribute this to the fact that during Bowie, some us tried to clap along. It didn't work very well, and Jemaine said, "At least you tried. But you failed. It's better not to try."
We're Both In Love With A Sexy Lady--which has been stuck in my head all since then.
Sugalumps--including the line "I see your wife checking out my sugalumps." Then they said good night and left.
Then the crowd got really loud, like the loudest noise I have ever heard. So Bret and Jemaine came back and played Robots, Bus Driver's Song, and Hiphopopotamus vs Rhymenoceros. So, as a lady in the first three rows, I was made pregnant.
I don't think the crowd was too terrible. Between songs, some requests were yelled out, and during songs there was some yelling of "Wooo!" When we were being especially loud, Jemaine started to shush us. "No no no no no, little baby. Shhhhh." Bret said they did so in Atlanta for 45 minutes.
After the show, some of us waited outside. People started packing up, and everyone told us they had left out some side exit. So eventually we went home.
I didn't realize Bret was sick. I hope he feels better.
Oh, and Jemaine looked at me. Or maybe he was looking at Nigel who was kind of in the same direction as me, but it looked like he was looking at me. :D
Beth, did you really need to fake your death?

Venus

Postby Venus » Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:00 pm

WomanInThePark wrote:Aw, I had no idea Bret was sick. Poor guy.
The concert was pretty awesome. The doors were supposed to open at 7 and the show was to start at 7:30, but instead the doors opened at 6:30 and the show began at 7:55 (with Kristen). So we sat around for a while. I bought the xylophone shirts, and then we chilled out, admiring our front row seats.
Jemaine introduced Kristen. He said he was like the funniest sound you had ever heard, except funnier. This was perhaps a slight exaggeration. Kristen was very funny. Then she introduced the band, and they came on.
They played:
Too Many Dicks--with their robot suits, of course. I loved it. "Too many dicks on the dicks on the dicks on the dick dick dick dick dick dick dick"
Hurt Feelings--and then they brought on Nigel, who I love madly.
Stana--Just as weird as I expected it to be, and very funny.
Jenny
Bowie's In Space
Most Beautiful Girl
Business Time
If You're Into It
Carol Brown--Bret told us to do the ahh-ahh-ahh part, but basically no one did. I attribute this to the fact that during Bowie, some us tried to clap along. It didn't work very well, and Jemaine said, "At least you tried. But you failed. It's better not to try."
We're Both In Love With A Sexy Lady--which has been stuck in my head all since then.
Sugalumps--including the line "I see your wife checking out my sugalumps." Then they said good night and left.
Then the crowd got really loud, like the loudest noise I have ever heard. So Bret and Jemaine came back and played Robots, Bus Driver's Song, and Hiphopopotamus vs Rhymenoceros. So, as a lady in the first three rows, I was made pregnant.
I don't think the crowd was too terrible. Between songs, some requests were yelled out, and during songs there was some yelling of "Wooo!" When we were being especially loud, Jemaine started to shush us. "No no no no no, little baby. Shhhhh." Bret said they did so in Atlanta for 45 minutes.
After the show, some of us waited outside. People started packing up, and everyone told us they had left out some side exit. So eventually we went home.
I didn't realize Bret was sick. I hope he feels better.
Oh, and Jemaine looked at me. Or maybe he was looking at Nigel who was kind of in the same direction as me, but it looked like he was looking at me. :D

LOL! Gotta love Jemaine's little quips :lol: Thanks for your account!

Found a few clips:

Hurt Feelings:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNjcf_2S8IQ

Most Beautiful Girl:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZX2a-qGWxko

Business Time:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGN_AA2GTlI
&

Return to “2009 Tour Archives”