April 13 - Washington, DC

The place where all the 2009 North American Tour is now living. Gig threads, pre and post gig threads, meet and greets, the works. All found here.
SheWolf
Boom King!

Re: April 13 - Washington, DC

Postby SheWolf » Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:01 pm

WomanInThePark wrote:Jemaine started to shush us. "No no no no no, little baby. Shhhhh."

Condescending yet adorable, gotta luv the J-Dog.
90% evil
ImageImage

Carol
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby Carol » Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:00 pm

Oh, I hate to hear that Bret's feeling poorly. Maybe it's because he's coming out of a warm/hot arena and then standing out in the cold, damp air for meet and greets not dressing warmly enough? (Boy, I really sound like a mom, don't I?)

It's a bit ironic because as I was going about my work this morning, the guys crossed my mind (as they are want to do) and I thought, I bet their mums would be upset if they knew how lightly they dressed after their shows.....And now, come to find out, Bret's sick.

Maybe being back in NYC-home away from home--Bret will be revived. I hope so. Not good for him to be under the weather. :(

WomanInThePark

Postby WomanInThePark » Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:32 pm

SheWolf wrote:
WomanInThePark wrote:Jemaine started to shush us. "No no no no no, little baby. Shhhhh."

Condescending yet adorable, gotta luv the J-Dog.

My thoughts exactly.
Oh and they also played Jemaine, You Don't Have To Be A Prostitute and Motha-ukkas. They let in a non censored uck and shi every now and then.
Beth, did you really need to fake your death?

davebo
New arrival

Postby davebo » Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:37 pm

I was off to the right of the stage a bit. Better seats than when I saw them at the Lisner Auditorium last year anyway, but I still didn't notice that Bret was sick. The sound was also a hundred times better than last year's performance, and I was real worried because when I saw Eddie Izzard at Constitution Hall the sound was horrible. Even though the sound was good for us in the crowd, Bret asked us if we could hear them alright because all he could hear through the monitors was a deep woah woah woah sound. Jemaine explained that it was because that's actually what he had been saying, woah woah woah.

I had a great time and loved Kristen's opening act. Bought the poster because I've got too many t-shirts as it is. Although it could be argued that I have too many FotC posters also. Funny that the poster was of Albi and jelly beans, even though they didn't stick Albi in the setlist that night.
Last edited by davebo on Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:39 pm

davebo wrote:I was off to the right of the stage a bit. Better seats than when I saw them at the Lisner Auditorium last year anyway, but I still didn't notice that Bret was sick. The sound was also a hundred times better than last year's performance, and I was real worried because when I saw Eddie Izzard at Constitution Hall the sound was horrible. Even though the sound was good for us in the crowd, Bret asked us if we could hear them alright because all he could hear through the monitors was a deep woah woah woah sound. Jermaine explained that it was because that's actually what he had been saying, woah woah woah.

I had a great time and loved Kristen's opening act. Bought the poster because I've got too many t-shirts as it is. Although it could be argued that I have too many FotC posters also. Funny that the poster was of Albi and jelly beans, even though they didn't stick Albi in the setlist that night.

I really hope that poster is at the table in Detroit. Because I WILL be purchasing it.

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:04 pm

I love this. He looks like a pouty little boy whose punishment is to play the glockenspiel.

90% evil
ImageImage

Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby Venus » Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:11 am

^ Haha, that picture is cute :D
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby mockingbird » Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:36 am

Poor Bret. I hope he feels better. And I'm sorry you didn't get to meet them after the show, WomanInThePark.

That baby quote was adorable, though. Leading me to wonder, in my nosy way, whether or not Miranda and the baby are on tour with him or back in NZ?

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:59 am

mockingbird wrote:That baby quote was adorable, though. Leading me to wonder, in my nosy way, whether or not Miranda and the baby are on tour with him or back in NZ?

All I am going to say on this (as I prefer to not have personal life speculating etc as you know) is that yes they are. Its been posted about elsewhere on the internet, so its not great secret.

Now, back to topic :topic:

(And no, no one needs to reply to this snippet ;) )

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:28 pm

So Jess sent in some linkage to clips of banter. Sound is decent, pic quality not so.

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

Part 5

Part 6

Part 7

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:51 pm

Good Lord....I had to stop watching Part 5 it was so embarrassing. I hope and pray that our crowd doesn't have a load of loudmouth-yellers.

Other than that, the banter is awesome. Though I know a lot of it is scripted they're pretty good with the off-the-cuff comments. :)
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:50 pm

I watched a minute or two of part 5 from the videos posted above. What's up with all the Freebird requests? There's always going to be some dude at a concert that yells it out as if it's the most hysterical thing in the world. Newsflash: That joke isn't funny anymore.
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”

Carol

Postby Carol » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:59 pm

I just listened to the banters. The guys were great (naturally), but my oh my that was quite the rowdy crowd. If I were there, I think I would've been rather ticked by all of it.

Return to “2009 Tour Archives”