April 14 - New York City, NY

The place where all the 2009 North American Tour is now living. Gig threads, pre and post gig threads, meet and greets, the works. All found here.
Carol
Registered Rhymnecologist

Re: April 14 - New York City, NY

Postby Carol » Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:00 pm

Oh, thank you for the clip! That is one of my MOST favorites!

Thanks for getting what I was asking about slut_angel. I just realized I left out the word "heard"! Good to know she made it there. I was expecting to hear from her--she was SO excited....Maybe she's just exhausted.

I'm guessing it was Jemaine who introduced Kristen. He had up to this point anyway.

(You should have heard the squeals when the room went dark and then his voice was heard! No, I didn't squeal. I am far too mature for that... :roll: ...I did have a rather swift and deep intake of breath though. :yawinkle: )

halokiti

Postby halokiti » Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:43 pm

i squealed. and I'll squeal again tonight.

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:55 pm

I like to think that when I get in that building and they're taking the stage that I'll clap like a mature concert-goer.

But I know I'm going to be squealing like a little girl. I'm just hoping I'll be able to compose myself ;)

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:41 pm

Part of me doesn't want to read these because when I finally see the show, I'd like it to be a pleasant surprise. But part of me can't help myself. It's too tempting. It's like being a kid around Christmas time - shaking the presents under the tree, peeling back the gift wrap ever so carefully and taking a peek to get even the slightest hint of what's underneath.

I'm at the college library right now and I'm pretty sure the students sitting next to me are all pondering, "Why is she looking at a photo of that dude's backside and some chick as a mattress?" All the video viewing will have to wait until I get home.

I really hope Jenny will end up on the setlist when they come to town.
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”

Carol

Postby Carol » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:57 pm

I DO hope y'all know I was being sarcastic about being "too mature". Probably the only reason I gasped was that I had no voice! I think I might have had a slight cardiac arrest. Not sure.

vmh~ I tried to stay from these threads before my show as well, but like you-just couldn't. I did, however, refrain from watching any of the vids. Well, most of them. Some of them? Okay, I might have left one unwatched.

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:12 pm

Carol wrote:I DO hope y'all know I was being sarcastic about being "too mature". Probably the only reason I gasped was that I had no voice! I think I might have had a slight cardiac arrest. Not sure.

vmh~ I tried to stay from these threads before my show as well, but like you-just couldn't. I did, however, refrain from watching any of the vids. Well, most of them. Some of them? Okay, I might have left one unwatched.

Hahah! I think I may have watched about 50% of the videos from the tour. Maybe less. There's only so much from youtube that I can take. But I do enjoy reading the reviews.
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:14 pm

vmh wrote:
Carol wrote:I DO hope y'all know I was being sarcastic about being "too mature". Probably the only reason I gasped was that I had no voice! I think I might have had a slight cardiac arrest. Not sure.

Hahah! I think I may have watched about 50% of the videos from the tour. Maybe less. There's only so much from youtube that I can take. But I do enjoy reading the reviews.

Same. I stay away from banter so that will be fresh (even though the banter changes somewhat every night) and Stana. I want that to be brand new for the show :)

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:27 pm

I've listened to Stana all the way through twice....couldn't help it. The rest I've tried to stay away from but I do love reading about their banter! :) I'm sure most is part of the show but you know they improvise depending on the audience and how things unfold. :)
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

Carol

Postby Carol » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:28 pm

Yes, Kelly, let Stana be brand new. It's so GOOD!

Stay strong, young one, you have but a few days to go! :yawinkle:

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:31 pm

I'm just trying to forgot that it even exists anywhere on the internet! *closes eyes and plugs ears* I can't hear or see you, Stana! La la la la la la la

LSully9
Getting lewd with the food

Postby LSully9 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:15 am

You can do it Kelly! I stayed far away from Stana, and even any long conversations about it, so that it would be fresh and new when I saw it. And it was sooooooo worth it!
Two struggling musicians, living in poverty and despair, selling their...instruments.

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:24 am

Here are some Bret pics that are just....wonderful. :) (And he's not feeling well!)

ImageImage

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:27 am

Jemaine:

(Check out that beard growth, SheWolf!)

ImageImage

slut_angel22@yahoo
Stop touching the monkeys

Postby slut_angel22@yahoo » Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:34 am

The show was beyond great!

Jemaine's beard was a shorter, (as opposed to longer) stubble and they did The Bus Driver's Song - those were the very 2 things I was hoping for.

I'm pretty sure it was Jemaine introducing Kristen - at least it sounded like one of his 'voices'.

I really have nothing to add that hasn't already been said, just that it was the best night ever. I'm really thankful to have been there. I'm really thankful for these guys.
Bret: Have been sheared.
Jemaine: Have been shorn.

ardy
Redheads not warheads

Postby ardy » Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:49 am

real men wear pink.
and..............................wacky denim ensembles.
...Detroit - City of Tomorrow...

take this sinking boat and point it home..we've still got time...

Return to “2009 Tour Archives”