April 15 New York City

The place where all the 2009 North American Tour is now living. Gig threads, pre and post gig threads, meet and greets, the works. All found here.
halokiti
Registered Rhymnecologist

Re: April 15 New York City

Postby halokiti » Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:13 pm

I'm so so tired today but thinking about last night really brings a smile to my face.

mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby mockingbird » Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:15 pm

Hee hee! Kellysouthpaw said "do do"! (Clearly we lack the ability to be mature about *anything*, lol. Hard to believe we are both entrusted with the care of small children.)

That is an awesome idea for a t-shirt. I would really enjoy wearing it around town, because almost nobody would know what the hell it was about, and if someone *did* get it, I would be happy to meet them! :lol:

claire
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby claire » Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:16 pm

SheWolf wrote:
Claire, did any of that toy piano crashing happen near you or were you on Jemaine's side?

i was on jemaine's side--

kiti what time did you get home? i'm exhausted today... Image
that's frozen cool...

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:19 pm

I'm smiling too halo.

My seat was good enough and the show was great enough to sort of make up for no meet/greet. Or maybe it's because I was already lucky enough to do that last year, or maybe it's because I still have another chance on Saturday, that might be why I can be a bit whatever about it now (though I'll admit that hearing that a few others met them, people who were next to me that I didn't recognize from the other board does sting a bit - knowing the guys were so close and yet so far). I've got to say though, no exaggeration, for as good as I've ever seen Jem look he looked 10 times better than that on that big screen (WUBBA) so that was the only thing that had me really itching to see him close up.
90% evil
ImageImage

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:24 pm

SheWolf wrote:I'm smiling too halo.

My seat was good enough and the show was great enough to sort of make up for no meet/greet. Or maybe it's because I was already lucky enough to do that last year, or maybe it's because I still have another chance on Saturday, that might be why I can be a bit whatever about it now (though I'll admit that hearing that a few others met them, people who were next to me that I didn't recognize from the other board does sting a bit - knowing the guys were so close and yet so far). I've got to say though, no exaggeration, for as good as I've ever seen Jem look he looked 10 times better than that on that big screen (WUBBA) so that was the only thing that had me really itching to see him close up.

Did he look amazing, SW? I can't wait :) And I'm sort of figuring that if they don't do a m/g at Tower where there's only one exit - Bret SHOULD be almost 100%, and the weather should be gorgeous - they are probably not going to be doing them for the remainder. Who knows though - just have to wait and see. But I'm crossin my fingers for you, SW!

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:26 pm

I'm sure some good pics will turn up soon from the show and when they do you'll see what I mean. They both looked amazing actually, couldn't take my eyes off either one of them.
90% evil
ImageImage

halokiti

Postby halokiti » Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:29 pm

I got home around 1:50am. Some people on the train were at the concert and waiting outside too, so we were chatting about the concert for half of the ride. The girl had mezz seats and said that they really did a quite a close up of J's jewels during Sugalumps.

claire
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby claire » Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:30 pm

i can't wait to see some pics, maybe some of mine aren't as bad as i think, i got one of jemaine smiling looking in my direction but it's blurry dammit--oh and nancy i got a pic of him doing the flipper thing cuz i know you like that, i think that one may have come out okay...
that's frozen cool...

mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby mockingbird » Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:33 pm

Oh man... you guys are killing me. I can't believe I have a WHOLE MONTH TO GO until I see them!!! Aauuuugghhh!!! I've got to stop reading these reviews. I'm not going to make it! I'm going to implode in a black hole of impatience!

halokiti

Postby halokiti » Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:36 pm

I have ~250 photos from both nights, like 176 from 2nd night.

Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby Venus » Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:51 pm

Glad you guys enjoyed the show! Shame about the meet and greet situation, I guess some people were lucky when they tried out another exit to meet the guys. I've seen a few pics and I love Bret's suit and the sunglasses shirt Jemaine was wearing. And the toy piano...such a terrible loss! ;)

Some videos can be found here including Sugalumps, You Don't Have To Be A Prostitute, Business Time and If You're Into It:
http://www.youtube.com/user/alial39

Also lots of pics can be found here:
http://s76.photobucket.com/albums/j1/oooshkie/

I love all the different posters they have for each show :D
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

ardy
Redheads not warheads

Postby ardy » Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:05 pm

it's amazing at how many videos are popping up and how many pictures from all the shows are inundating the interwebs....hope the world server of earth can handle it :)
...Detroit - City of Tomorrow...

take this sinking boat and point it home..we've still got time...

bibliaddict
Consistently Mediocre

Postby bibliaddict » Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:18 pm

Glad you got home so fast, Nancy. NJ Transit held my train for 2 lost girls who had been misdirected, so i arrived home at 5am.

I have 200+ photos, some a bit blurry, but I'll post as soon as I can!
Spandex Inspector #12

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:30 pm

Well, from watching SheWolf's link of Too Many Dicks, the loss of Little Red appears more of an accident than a rock-star smash-up. I thought it was cute how Bret attempted to continue playing the separated-from-the-piano keys and then gave up, smiled and threw some keys into the audience. Awww!

I'm so curious now to hear whatever it was that Jemaine sang on his own....it sounds wonderful! Surely someone got it on tape?! :)
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

LSully9
Getting lewd with the food

Postby LSully9 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:34 pm

Now I really wish I ignored my throbbing head went last night... Stupid allergies...
Two struggling musicians, living in poverty and despair, selling their...instruments.

Return to “2009 Tour Archives”