April 21 - Toronto (first of two nights)

The place where all the 2009 North American Tour is now living. Gig threads, pre and post gig threads, meet and greets, the works. All found here.
prettyrobyngirl
Registered Rhymnecologist

Re: Toronto- April 21+22nd

Postby prettyrobyngirl » Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:09 am

they are in canadialand!!!! I so wish i was too...

First show is tonight, well tomorrow technically. you guys know the pm episode where byran is like what day is it- tomorrow, yesterday? I am halfway through a 30 hour journey, sitting in the starbucks at the cairo airport, getting super excited for the shows tonight... And massey hall could be the best venue ever!!!

Anyone willing to buy my a shirt? I can interact you cash if you have online banking with td, royal, scotia, etc... i could pick it up in a months, or you could post it whenever to my bro in toronto? If you are kindly willing, please pm me or post here and i will pm you. Will send uber cool thank you pressie from west africa too!
Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination.

Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby Venus » Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:29 pm

Yay I'm so excited for the WTFers going to see them tonight! Have a great time guys and I really hope you even get to meet the guys afterwards! :supz:
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby mockingbird » Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:30 pm

I'm so excited, too! I can't wait to hear reports back! I hope Turnip gets a big hug from Bret.

Venus

Postby Venus » Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:38 pm

mockingbird wrote:I'm so excited, too! I can't wait to hear reports back! I hope Turnip gets a big hug from Bret.

Oh yes Turnip deserves the biggest hug from Bret-y and I'm sure the boys will be won over by her charm! :nod:

Go Turnip for representing us British fans :cheer:
&

ASmallTurnip
-- MASTER CRIMINAL -- Root Vegetable Violence a Specialty

Postby ASmallTurnip » Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:26 pm

You guys. I'm going to throw up. Bibli and Amanda are running around my flat finding earrings and brushing their teeth and making cups of tea and looking extremely gorgeous, and I'm here, feeling like I want to stick my head between my legs and breathe deeply. I CANNOT believe that today is the day. Why am I sweating? Seriously. I'm sitting at my computer, on a cold day, SWEATING. Stop it. Get a handle on yourself, Turnip. You are being SILLY. You do not need smelling salts. You are not Jane Eyre.

We're off to distract ourselves with lunch and retail before the gig tonight. Please cross your fingers for clear weather and good Conchordian luck for us. I've got my very best lucky striped socks on, so I'm trusting in them to make sure everything goes smoothly:

If there are any WTFers going tonight, we'll be at Fran's Diner across the street from Massey Hall grabbing a bite to eat before the show. See you there, dudes!

.:: She's got two jobs. She's a pastry chef and a sniper ::.

Venus

Postby Venus » Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:34 pm

ASmallTurnip wrote:You guys. I'm going to throw up. Bibli and Amanda are running around my flat finding earrings and brushing their teeth and making cups of tea and looking extremely gorgeous, and I'm here, feeling like I want to stick my head between my legs and breathe deeply. I CANNOT believe that today is the day. Why am I sweating? Seriously. I'm sitting at my computer, on a cold day, SWEATING. Stop it. Get a handle on yourself, Turnip. You are being SILLY. You do not need smelling salts. You are not Jane Eyre.

We're off to distract ourselves with lunch and retail before the gig tonight. Please cross your fingers for clear weather and good Conchordian luck for us. I've got my very best lucky striped socks on, so I'm trusting in them to make sure everything goes smoothly:

If there are any WTFers going tonight, we'll be at Fran's Diner across the street from Massey Hall grabbing a bite to eat before the show. See you there, dudes!

Aww Turnip! :bighug:
Have a brilliant time and try to keep calm! I'm sure those lucky striped socks will bring you all the luck in the world and I'm sending lots of best wishes your way. Hope you all have fun tonight :D
&

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:00 pm

Turnip you are a beautiful person inside and out (I've never actually seen a picture of you but I'm positive you are!) and deserve a Bret big. He is going to love meeting you because you are brilliant. You can do this. We all believe in you :D

Cuse
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby Cuse » Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:05 pm

kellysouthpaw wrote:Turnip you are a beautiful person inside and out (I've never actually seen a picture of you but I'm positive you are!) and deserve a Bret big. He is going to love meeting you because you are brilliant. You can do this. We all believe in you :D

Heh ... soft of off-topic, but I was thinking "Cool, Turnip is a Zach Condon fan" by her icon, but then I realized what website I'm on.
:lol:

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:55 pm

Amanda, Bibli and Turnip, I'm sending SheWolf kisses and awesomeness vibes your way. I'm jealous of you lovely ladies of the world tonight.

Have fun and don't do anything I wouldn't do. :waggle:
Last edited by SheWolf on Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.
90% evil
ImageImage

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:55 pm

I have two seconds out here in roasting hot, 97 degree LA!!

I'm so excited for you, Turnip! I was just as nervous before the first Radio City show, so I know from whence you speak. The stripey socks are definite good luck charms, wear them well. Give big huge hugs to Amanda and Bibli for me, and enjoy every precious second. All I've done all day long is relive those wonderful moments of the shows that I saw, enjoying the memories, and I just love it! :eyelashes: :D

I'll hear all about it soon, love to you! :goodman:

ps Hey, SW! :wave:
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:59 pm

Hey Nancy. Coincidentally an LA bud of mine just emailed and told me that she too, was roasting. Odd weather no?

Anyway, Toronto - YEAH!!
90% evil
ImageImage

LSully9
Getting lewd with the food

Postby LSully9 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:26 pm

Aww Turnip! You're too cute. Stop sweating! I love you. And your socks. You will have have an awesome night! Call me. :)

But seriously, call me. :)
Two struggling musicians, living in poverty and despair, selling their...instruments.

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:30 pm

Yeah, SW, the old LA area is sweltering in non-spring-like weather, but it's great to see my daughter and her honey, so it's all good. I get to see her show three times - what it is with me seeing shows three times? :lol:

I just hope I can get online again to see how Toronto went - I'm so excited for all of you folks! :cheer:
Oh, fish-like Lady

Lady-like Fish

I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady

No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit

La-dy-ish! Yeah!

bibliaddict
Consistently Mediocre

Postby bibliaddict » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:10 pm

Thanks all for your northbound good vibes. Amanda, Turnip & I are just back from a quick trip to Eaton Centre for lunch & browsing to kill time before the show. All three of us have fresh manicures and will be looking FIERCE, like sexy librarians. We are all a little nervous about the possible meet & greet - what to say? I may become so tongue-tied with Bret that I'll end up asking for a goldfish.
Spandex Inspector #12

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:16 pm

bibliaddict wrote:Thanks all for your northbound good vibes. Amanda, Turnip & I are just back from a quick trip to Eaton Centre for lunch & browsing to kill time before the show. All three of us have fresh manicures and will be looking FIERCE, like sexy librarians. We are all a little nervous about the possible meet & greet - what to say? I may become so tongue-tied with Bret that I'll end up asking for a goldfish.

Seriously. Ask him for a goldfish. He'll LOVE it! :roll2:

You ladies will be FINE! Enjoy yourselves and please give us as many details as possible :pray:

Return to “2009 Tour Archives”