The Tour Posters

The place where all the 2009 North American Tour is now living. Gig threads, pre and post gig threads, meet and greets, the works. All found here.
LSully9
Getting lewd with the food

Re: The Tour Posters

Postby LSully9 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:29 pm

kellysouthpaw wrote:
LSully9 wrote:I liked Philly's poster. A lot. I bought a frame for it yesterday. :)

How much did the frame cost you? How big is the poster?

$10 @ Wal Mart. I think it was 14x28... Yesterday was a long time ago to remember... lol!
Two struggling musicians, living in poverty and despair, selling their...instruments.

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:30 pm

LSully9 wrote:
kellysouthpaw wrote:
LSully9 wrote:I liked Philly's poster. A lot. I bought a frame for it yesterday. :)

How much did the frame cost you? How big is the poster?

$10 @ Wal Mart. I think it was 14x28... Yesterday was a long time ago to remember... lol!

Oy! That's small for them wanting $20 for it!

Cuse
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby Cuse » Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:31 pm

$30. This one is actually signed (and numbered--think all posters are numbered). Out of 300.

LSully9

Postby LSully9 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:36 pm

Cuse wrote:$30. This one is actually signed (and numbered--think all posters are numbered). Out of 300.

Affirmative... Just agreeing with you there. The posters are signed and numbered by the artist. One of mine is signed by Bret, Jemaine, and Kristen and as such, is priceless. :biggrin:
Two struggling musicians, living in poverty and despair, selling their...instruments.

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:37 pm

YOWZA. $30!?

I mean, it's a keepsake - priceless once signed - but still? For $30 I'd want that poster to be bigger than me! :lol:

Cuse

Postby Cuse » Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:39 pm

They aren't really posters--more like prints. It's not cheap flimsy paper.

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:41 pm

Do you buy it rolled up or flat? Might be hard to carry - but I want to make sure I get one before they run out

LSully9

Postby LSully9 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:41 pm

It's closer to a posterboard, but much nicer. Definately not the rolled up and glorified pieces of paper that are usually refered to as 'posters.'

LSully9

Postby LSully9 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:43 pm

kellysouthpaw wrote:Do you buy it rolled up or flat? Might be hard to carry - but I want to make sure I get one before they run out

They roll them as they hand them to you... Or in the case of the one guy I had in Philly, he hands it to you and gives you a rubber band and you have to roll it yourself. :roll: :lol:

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:50 pm

I like that one least, too. If I like the one we get, I hope to snag one plus a t-shirt. :) Totally worth the $$$, especially if it ends up signed.....:D
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:54 pm

So there are a limited number of signed and then a larger number of unsigned? Do you request a signed one or just get whatever they give you?

I'm such a virgin to all this concert going stuff!

Shoot, I was going to have them SIGN the poster...what's the use if it's already pre-signed? :lol:

Austin
Giving the paper to the people

Postby Austin » Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:59 pm

Edit: Kelly, by signed, I think they meant signed by the artist...

If it's worth anything at all, I wound up paying $50 total for the shirt/poster/magnets combo.

Every shirt I saw was $25, even ladies sizes (Which I wound up paying to hold it for three hours.) The Ryman poster was $20 and handed out as a flat. which was sort of inconvenient. And the magnets, probably my favorite, were just $5. I believe thay had a $2 sticker also.

Also, if anybody doesn't mind, would anybody be willing to grab a shirt and ship it? I'm more than willing to get a paypal payment going, and hopefully I'll have some funds by the Detroit show. If not, I can wait for a west coast show if anybody will be out there.
They call it a fly because it takes you up to Heaven

I lurk left.... a lot.

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:01 am

I saw one on eBay that was signed by the artist.....I don't know if any were pre-signed by the guys. ??

People who bought them will know. :) Guys?
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

Bad Atom
The "Play Whatever You Want!" Guy

Postby Bad Atom » Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:05 am

My little brother refused to let me buy the magnets. I'll have my revenge on him!!! I would never buy the posters though. I already have one hanging up and framed and it only ran me about 18 bucks altogether.

halokiti

Postby halokiti » Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:05 am

Here's a nice scan of the Radio City poster from the first night signed by Kristen Schaal(on the Jemaine-bot guitar) sent to me by a guy I helped out. You can really see the neoness of the poster.

Return to “2009 Tour Archives”