April 18th - Tower Theater (2 shows!)

The place where all the 2009 North American Tour is now living. Gig threads, pre and post gig threads, meet and greets, the works. All found here.
halokiti
Registered Rhymnecologist

Re: April 18th - Tower Theater (2 shows!)

Postby halokiti » Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:37 am

The stories are awesome, I'm living vicariously through everyone's pictures & accounts. I didn't figure Jemaine as such a cuddler. The pictures are so friggin good. :shock: I need more photography training for a 2nd leg :pray:

LSully9
Getting lewd with the food

Postby LSully9 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:44 am

Youtube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNJmaBbbFYo Looks like it was editing together 2 parts that were mentioned several pages ago: Jemaine throwing water at Bret, and then Bret breaking the stage light.
Two struggling musicians, living in poverty and despair, selling their...instruments.

mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby mockingbird » Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:03 am

SheWolf - :supz: :partyman: :clap: :prayer: That picture ROCKS, woman!! And your hair is good. :thumb:

OK, off to read the rest of the thread... just had to stop and say SQUEEEEEE for the SheWolf!!

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:18 am

Bret's pretty easy going....that or the water felt good, :lol: If someone (even Jemaine) threw water on me, they'd get some back. :twisted: They're so terrific. That looks to have been one excellent show. Hey...2 excellent shows, actually! :D
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:28 am

Rhymnoserous wrote:The end! I have a bunch more but I don't want to spam the board so I might add them to flickr when I get the chance. I'm going to edit in my one youtube video I took once it's done loading.

Great pics :) My camera sounds like yours. Its a Canon PSS2 and has a 12x zoom. It is smaller than an SLR, so not one, but a top of the range point and shoot. Takes some amazing pics without needing flash and stores over an hour of vid on the memory card :lol: Or 1000 plus pics 8)

Mind if I use some of your pics on the main site please? (full credit etc a given). Would be great :) And if you'd like me to include your pics meeting the guys in the Band Meet and Greet page just let me know.

Cheers :)

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:34 am

Cuse :prayer: :prayer: :prayer:

You know what I am going to ask don't you :lol: Mind if I use some on the main site please? :pray: They are great. Some amazing shots there. Trying to get a 'Best of' gallery going for the tour and would love to include some. Full credit etc of course.

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:38 am

SheWolf wrote:Thanks to FOTC for 2 flipping energetic, amazing shows, for codpieces, for playing Prostitute and Epileptic Dog without me having to hold up my homemade request signs, for dealing with hecklers with charm and humor, for being so generous, accomodating and patient with fans and most of all to Jemaine for giving me much more of a hug than I had expected. :D

Awwwww, such a great pic :)

LSully9

Postby LSully9 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:45 pm

LauraK wrote:Bret's pretty easy going....that or the water felt good, :lol: If someone (even Jemaine) threw water on me, they'd get some back. :twisted:

The person cut it out, or maybe never recorded it to start with, but after he did it, Jemaine said he felt bad and then poured the rest of the bottle on himself. :lol:
Two struggling musicians, living in poverty and despair, selling their...instruments.

LSully9

Postby LSully9 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:46 pm

The guy from the Inquirer liked it: http://www.philly.com/inquirer/magazine ... y_fun.html

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:05 pm

LSully9 wrote:
LauraK wrote:Bret's pretty easy going....that or the water felt good, :lol: If someone (even Jemaine) threw water on me, they'd get some back. :twisted:

The person cut it out, or maybe never recorded it to start with, but after he did it, Jemaine said he felt bad and then poured the rest of the bottle on himself. :lol:

After he get Bret? Awwww, Jem's so sweet! :heartbeat:
ImageImage

Cuse
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby Cuse » Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:40 pm

Sherry wrote:

Cuse :prayer: :prayer: :prayer:

You know what I am going to ask don't you :lol: Mind if I use some on the main site please? :pray: They are great. Some amazing shots there. Trying to get a 'Best of' gallery going for the tour and would love to include some. Full credit etc of course.

Of course!

Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby Venus » Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:30 am

Thought this article was really sweet. The boxing gloves are going to be auctioned for charity so if anyone fancies these and has any spare money...
P.S. Notice Jemaine wrote 'boobs' underneath his signature and all the other doodles by the guys ;)

Flight of the Conchords signed bears and glove!

How cool is this????

My friend Lisa went to go see The Flight of the Conchords in Philly on Saturday (as a side note... SO JEALOUS she got to see my friend Shari who I haven't seen in way too long!) and offered to take along a glove and bear on the off chance she could get to the guys to ask them to sign at the stage door.

Then she took it one step further... and got in touch with their tour manager, Amy, ahead of time... and Amy came through way beyond expectations! Lisa handed off the goods to Amy and Amy got the signatures and some great shots of the guys! I'm so excited! HUGE props and thanks to Amy! :)

Don't forget... if you're interested in these items or any others I've posted about, you can join the mailing list on my website to get notified when new auctions get launched. :)

Source
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

LSully9

Postby LSully9 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:10 am

That is so very cool!

Rhymnoserous
Giving the paper to the people

Postby Rhymnoserous » Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:56 am

Sherry wrote:Mind if I use some of your pics on the main site please? (full credit etc a given). Would be great :) And if you'd like me to include your pics meeting the guys in the Band Meet and Greet page just let me know.

Cheers :)

Of course, that's fine! I actually feel kinda honored. :D

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:38 pm

:clap: That's awesome of them! I hope she's able to raise lots of $$ for fighting breast cancer.
ImageImage

Return to “2009 Tour Archives”