April 18th - Tower Theater (2 shows!)

The place where all the 2009 North American Tour is now living. Gig threads, pre and post gig threads, meet and greets, the works. All found here.
kellysouthpaw

Re: April 18th - Tower Theater (2 shows!)

Postby kellysouthpaw » Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:55 pm

Breast cancer? *lightbulb goes off*

Oh NOW I get it! "80085" is obviously "boobs" but now I get it because it's for BREAST CANCER research...

duhr. At first I thought Jemaine was just proclaiming his love of brists...which he was probably doing also...

mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby mockingbird » Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:22 pm

kellysouthpaw wrote:Oh NOW I get it! "80085" is obviously "boobs" but now I get it because it's for BREAST CANCER research...

:lol: Jemaine suddenly went from being a 35-year-old sex god to a geeky 14-year-old boy, right before my very eyes. What an adorable nerd!

Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby Venus » Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:24 pm

kellysouthpaw wrote:Breast cancer? *lightbulb goes off*

Oh NOW I get it! "80085" is obviously "boobs" but now I get it because it's for BREAST CANCER research...

duhr. At first I thought Jemaine was just proclaiming his love of brists...which he was probably doing also...

I think he was doing both things when he wrote that ;)
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:55 pm

halokiti wrote: I didn't figure Jemaine as such a cuddler.
Spoken like a Bretero. :P

I saw the tour manager had back those things to the girls and heard her say they signed this and that and took pix. Very cool.

Since Jem loves boobs he wants all boobs to be healthy and good. What a guy! :lol:
90% evil
ImageImage

Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby Venus » Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:27 pm

Someone posted a video on facebook of them singing Sellotape during the finale! It's brilliant! Bret's so cute when he messes up. You see the whole water throwing incident beforehand as well as the great part of them talking in the middle of the song:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Flight-of ... 835&ref=mf
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

Cuse
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby Cuse » Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:36 pm

Great quality on that vid. Probably the best fanmade one Ive seen from the tour.

I wonder how long I could have gotten away with filming with my vid camera. :D

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:52 pm

Wow, those 2 people at the end shot out of their seats like bats outta hell! Crazy....

We will sing along loudly in Detroit- when we are instructed to! That was kind of a quiet sing-along....

Very good video...I wanted to ask the person in front to stop moving their head so much, lol.....
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:30 pm

Venus wrote:Someone posted a video on facebook of them singing Sellotape during the finale! It's brilliant! Bret's so cute when he messes up. You see the whole water throwing incident beforehand as well as the great part of them talking in the middle of the song:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Flight-of ... 835&ref=mf
Is there a way to see this if you're not on Facebook? I'm embarrased to say that, having seen 3 shows close together, I don't actually remember Sellotape at Philly. :oops: I remember it vividly at Radio City coz we were all standing with the lights on and we were on the jumbotran grinning and swaying like morons. It was magical. :lol:

I wasn't going to post this but I simply can't resist anymore because every time I see it I die of laughter. For those of you at the meet and greet you may remember this guy.

90% evil
ImageImage

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:04 pm

SheWolf wrote: Is there a way to see this if you're not on Facebook?

Give me a bit. I'll see if I can grab it for you. Can't promise.

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:29 pm

Hmm its tricksy. It isn't there in my cache. If its streamed then its harder. Hmmm :hrm:

I can grab audio no problem. Video is a bit different.

I wonder if I make my profile public or some such for you.

LSully9
Getting lewd with the food

Postby LSully9 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:50 pm

SheWolf wrote:Is there a way to see this if you're not on Facebook? I'm embarrased to say that, having seen 3 shows close together, I don't actually remember Sellotape at Philly. :oops: I remember it vividly at Radio City coz we were all standing with the lights on and we were on the jumbotran grinning and swaying like morons. It was magical. :lol:

I wasn't going to post this but I simply can't resist anymore because every time I see it I die of laughter. For those of you at the meet and greet you may remember this guy.

I remember Sellotape! And I sang! And I talked to you about it afterwards. Don't you remember the whole "In the name of all that is holy please let Bret do that at the 10 show!" Because he walked the length of the stage putting his mic in random people's faces, even all the way over on J's side but nobody was singing... I would've happily sung in his mic. But I think people just didn't know the song...

And I don't think anyone will ever forget him. Bret obviously had the better security guy.
Two struggling musicians, living in poverty and despair, selling their...instruments.

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:25 am

From what the vid shows, you remember the better one. No offense to any of you there- I know you were singing loud and proud!! But as a whole, the Philly crowd was so quiet, especially compared to what y'all did at Radio City! :) Bret brought the mike stand back up to himself and whisper-sang at the end...... :|
ImageImage

Cuse
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby Cuse » Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:49 am

The NY one was more spontaneous, and therefore ... better.

The thought crossed my mind in Philly that "please don't bring the mic to me." 'cause whenever I hear that song, it plays in my head as brown people white people and I was afraid I'd say just that. :lol:

:bolt:

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:04 am

Cuse wrote: brown people white people...... :lol:

:bolt:

".....stick it together with the tape.....the tape of love......the sticky stuff...."

That'd be a good lyric! :)
ImageImage

PatK
Giving the paper to the people

Postby PatK » Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:25 am

SheWolf wrote:I wasn't going to post this but I simply can't resist anymore because every time I see it I die of laughter. For those of you at the meet and greet you may remember this guy.

That's me mid-laugh in the blue shirt in the background!

Return to “2009 Tour Archives”