April 18th - Tower Theater (2 shows!)

The place where all the 2009 North American Tour is now living. Gig threads, pre and post gig threads, meet and greets, the works. All found here.
kellysouthpaw

Re: April 18th - Tower Theater (2 shows!)

Postby kellysouthpaw » Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:01 pm

Eek @ Jemaine using the 'f' bomb - though I'm sure he made it hilarious! I promised myself at the beginning of the tour I wouldn't watch any videos until after my shows to keep the banter and songs sounding fresh (and I've adhered to it religiously EXCEPT for watching the clip in which Little Red leaves us :cry: (RIP LR) BUT, once my show is over and I'm wallowing in my post-show depression, I'm going to be viewing ALL of these videos on loop :lol:

Rhymnoserous
Giving the paper to the people

Postby Rhymnoserous » Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:05 pm

I did the exact same thing kellysouthpaw...I only watched the Little Red video and let me tell you, ignoring all the posted video is so worth it once you get to see your show. I'm very glad I didn't spoil myself for the new song.

Carol
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby Carol » Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:10 pm

Great pictures, you guys!

SW-I am tickled too death for you! :supz: And your hair looks great!

Thinking that the girl who took the shirt to the stage was viry, viry innovative! I would never have thought to do something like that--and now she has NZ money from Bret's own wallet as a memento. That's just way cool. I'm so envious!

AEW21
Lost but happy at sea

Postby AEW21 » Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:52 pm

Jem is really embracing his sixy, rocker vibe this tour--all the posing and hugging and bedroom eye stares--you lucky ladies for getting to stand in the vicinity of his gorgeousness!

LSully9
Getting lewd with the food

Postby LSully9 » Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:53 pm

kellysouthpaw wrote:SW - when you have a moment could you fill me in on how things went down as far as leaving/re-entering for the second show...was it chaos or...how'd that work?

I wouldn't say it was chaos, but it was kinda rushed to get everyone out. And then, they wouldn't give us our tickets until almost 10 and ushered us directly inside so we wouldn't be able to go back out front and sell them. Yeah, like we were going to do that... :roll: lol!
Two struggling musicians, living in poverty and despair, selling their...instruments.

slut_angel22@yahoo
Stop touching the monkeys

Postby slut_angel22@yahoo » Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:58 pm

Awwwww...yeahhh...that's it. That's the picture, SW. That's what I've been waiting to see.
Bret: Have been sheared.
Jemaine: Have been shorn.

Cuse

Postby Cuse » Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:02 pm

SheWolf is a red! Le meow meow.

claire
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby claire » Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:28 pm

SheWolf wrote:Thanks to FOTC for 2 flipping energetic, amazing shows, for codpieces, for playing Prostitute and Epileptic Dog without me having to hold up my homemade request signs, for dealing with hecklers with charm and humor, for being so generous, accomodating and patient with fans and most of all to Jemaine for giving me much more of a hug than I had expected. :D

yay glad you got your hug girlie, and perfect scruff level to boot! (and the red checkered shirt!!) :D
that's frozen cool...

Cuse

Postby Cuse » Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:52 pm

Well, I edited down my pics. Down to 101. That means I must have taken a lot! Might have to do some more selecting. Keep in mind I'm really picky. My last job was actually photo retouching for Cosmopolitan! :D

Pics ... soon....

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:23 pm

I just HATE big crowds. I wish they'd let me check in for both shows at once so I could just get up and move down the 11 seats for the next show (that's right, my seats are 11 seats apart, same section and row and everything. Seems like a waste to get up, be ushered out, turn around to wait in line to be rushed back in to move 11 seats :roll:

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:28 pm

Aw thanks Val. I’m just pleased that Sully was able to capture Jem’s huggy bear-a-liciousness so well. Strangely enough I spent most of my time over in Bret’s camp trying to work my way into a shot with the newly radiant (as opposed to under the weather) Little B and becoming frustrated that I couldn’t skootch my way in and out of there quickly so I could get my arse over to the Jemaine side of the tracks. A girl should never be put in that position. It was like Sophie’s Choice I tell ya, but after a few awkward grabs of his delicate arm (and me apologizing for such and him being a doll) it was my turn with the oh so lovely, refined and chiseled one and then I hightailed it over to Jemaine who was frankly looking better than a body has a right to. I simply asked for a hug picture, he wrapped his arms around me and all I had to do was hold on. He's cuddly. It's a fact.

Love your pix Sully and I’ve gotta say the one with Jemaine still kills me. When I snapped it I thought I was too late to capture his hand in the air. I’m so happy for that shutter delay.

Cuse, my sweet, I thought of how you said to say Hi outside between shows but if you were outside between shows you know I’m not lying when I say it was a tad chaotic and your good beard was just one amongst many my friend. Sorry I didn't see ya.

Claire, the scruff was perfection. I do not believe the shirt to be the much beloved gingham with green piping and dodgy top button however. It appears to be a similar, new, crispy version of it though.

A couple random things: At the end of Carol Brown Jemaine stood up and did a blink and you'll miss it provacative crotch brush near the omnichord sort of as it he were miming playing the instrument with his...ahem...instrument. (IIRC) Who ever has a pic of this or vid I'd love to see it. :P So I placed my lighted swizzle stick from Radio City Music Hall in my cleavage (as one does) for the 2nd show in an attempt to gleen some sick satsifaction from seeing Jemaine perhaps distracted by this strange blue light emanating from my shirt in the 2nd row. He did glance at it a couple of times then ignored it so I turned it off. :lol:

My pics are mostly blurs. I will put the decent ones on Flickr in a few and will provide the link. My friend, however, has a gazillion awesome pics as well as Too Many Dicks vid complete with codpiece thrusting. Its pretty squeal inducing stuff and I hope she emails me all of it soon.
Last edited by SheWolf on Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
90% evil
ImageImage

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:34 pm

Hopefully not until this Saturday so I don't have to be teased with it til then ;)

So glad that you got your hug picture, SW! Were there any words exchanged? Please don't mind me, I just want to live vicariously through all of you who have met them in case I don't get my own chance ;)

LSully9
Getting lewd with the food

Postby LSully9 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:18 am

SheWolf wrote:Love your pix Sully and I’ve gotta say the one with Jemaine still kills me. When I snapped it I thought I was too late to capture his hand in the air. I’m so happy for that shutter delay.

I love it too! It's much better than the one of my and J's chests that it replaced. :wink: lol! Your huggy pic is awesomeness. :D

There is also a Too Many Dicks vid up on the FotC facebook page that has a pretty good view of the codpieces. As of this writing, it's about halfway down the page.
Two struggling musicians, living in poverty and despair, selling their...instruments.

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:34 am

Oh, Yay!!!! :yay:

I'm so glad they came out and met you folks! Wonderful pics, all, can't wait to see more. You all look like you're in heaven! :whitey:
My only regret is that I didn't get to see them to see and sign my 91 year-old Mom's pic that I carried to three shows, :tears: especially now knowing how thoughtful Jemaine was about writing a Mom note (My memory is shot - I can't remember who got their ticket signed for their Mom :bang: ) I wonder if they ever got their Pig N' Whistle shirts and Zicam?

Anyway, I'm happy the shows went so well - and you got to hear my very favorite song, Mermaids!!! Was it closer to the FTW version, or the one from the show?
Plus Pepileptic dogs!!! Oh, guys! Wow!! :thumb:
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:11 am

Good Lord, how did I miss your pics, Sully? Those are awesome!! *sigh* It looks like you guys had a perfect FotC experience and I'm so happy for you! :) Lovelovelove looking at all the pics and reading about the experiences.....I hope they're all so positive!
Good times.... :rock:
Last edited by LauraK on Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

Return to “2009 Tour Archives”