April 18th - Tower Theater (2 shows!)

The place where all the 2009 North American Tour is now living. Gig threads, pre and post gig threads, meet and greets, the works. All found here.
slut_angel22@yahoo
Stop touching the monkeys

Re: April 18th - Tower Theater (2 shows!)

Postby slut_angel22@yahoo » Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:15 am

Did they play "Stana"?
Bret: Have been sheared.
Jemaine: Have been shorn.

Rhymnoserous
Giving the paper to the people

Postby Rhymnoserous » Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:25 am

Nancy Hillner wrote:My only regret is that I didn't get to see them to see and sign my 91 year-old Mom's pic that I carried to three shows, :tears: especially now knowing how thoughtful Jemaine was about writing a Mom note (My memory is shot - I can't remember who got their ticket signed for their Mom :bang: ) I wonder if they ever got their Pig N' Whistle shirts and Zicam?

Anyway, I'm happy the shows went so well - and you got to hear my very favorite song, Mermaids!!! Was it closer to the FTW version, or the one from the show?
Plus Pepileptic dogs!!! Oh, guys! Wow!! :thumb:

I was the one who got their ticket signed for their Mom (it's okay, I'm not exactly a regular). I went up to him and asked him if he would sign my ticket for my Mom because she just loves him. He laughed and said, "Oh, and what's her name?" I told him and then he asked my name. He said, "It's nice to meet you Lauren", then he signed my ticket and wrote "Danielle, I love you too. Jemaine Clement". Then I asked if I could also happen to have a picture. He said, "Oh, I better smile since your Mum is going to see it." and that's why he's got kinda a goofy smile on his face in my picture. :D

Here he is signing the ticket for my Mom...

Mermaids was amazing. During a lull in the show, a man in the back screamed MERMAIDSSS at the top of his lungs in a mean way and the boys did a few jokes on it. They said how that was probably the angriest way the word "mermaids" has ever been said, and how it sounded almost like a man who has been lost at sea for 20 years and randomly sees a mermaid from afar. :lol: Then they played a song or two and went into the beginning of "Mermaids" but Jemaine stopped and said, "Okay...we haven't played this song in forever." Bret said, "We haven't played it for 200 years." "Yes, not for 200 years, so we might mess this up pretty badly." and then they went into it, which was the tv version. I believe the only part they messed up on was after the line about the mirror and half a fish...they both stopped singing, then realized they still were supposed to sing the ah-ah-ah-oh-why-e-why-a part again.

Yes, they did play "Stana".

Val2150

Postby Val2150 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:32 am

SheWolf wrote: He's cuddly. It's a fact.

Awwww......cuddly guys are the BEST! :D

SheWolf wrote:A couple random things: At the end of Carol Brown Jemaine stood up and did a blink and you'll miss it provacative crotch brush near the omnichord sort of as it he were miming playing the instrument with his...ahem...instrument. (IIRC) Who ever has a pic of this or vid I'd love to see it. :P So I placed my lighted swizzle stick from Radio City Music Hall in my cleavage (as one does) for the 2nd show in an attempt to gleen some sick satsifaction from seeing Jemaine perhaps distracted by this strange blue light emanating from my shirt in the 2nd row. He did glance at it a couple of times then ignored it so I turned it off. :lol:

:shock: Oh my goodness...who knew Jemaine was such a saucy minx? :lol:
"You do not choose sexy. Sexy chooses you." -mohumbai mania

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:40 am

LSully9 wrote:I love it too! It's much better than the one of my and J's chests that it replaced. :wink: lol! .

Hey both you're chests were looking good last night, can you blame me?

LSully9 wrote:There is also a Too Many Dicks vid up on the FotC facebook page that has a pretty good view of the codpieces. As of this writing, it's about halfway down the page.
Oh lord, I will never fail to be thoroughly entertained by dancing with robot heads.
90% evil
ImageImage

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:41 am

I have a question.....in a lot of the pics, I see the barrier but here it looks like there are lots of people milling about behind the guys. Were they kept separate or was everyone just kind of mixed together?

What did your Mom have to say about her ticket-sig, Rhym? :)
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:46 am

Allow me to be the first to say loudly and proudly that there were no barriers. The guard only stated that we needed to stand on the sidewalk opposite the venue rather than gather in the street. It's a fairly narrow one way with cars and big buses parked. From where I was standing Bret emerged first and headed to the right of us so a group gathered around him. From where Jemaine wound up it seems he didn't get far from the alley before the masses descended. They were a bit of a distance from each other so the waiting fans had to venture to different areas to see them. Last year we were all in one sort of line and the guys worked their way along it.

Hellz yeah they played Stana. Staaaaaannnaaaa! (luv the way Jem does that).

Rhynocerous - your vid & pix are awesome.
Last edited by SheWolf on Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
90% evil
ImageImage

Zap
Lost but happy at sea

Postby Zap » Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:47 am

They were just out in the open with a security guy each.

Cuse
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby Cuse » Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:47 am

They are Jemaine heavy, as he was closer and Bret's clothes were a bit dark to focus on.

I tried to get some pics of Nigel, but he never had much lighting.

Shame the Sugalumps pics came out blurry. They are perfect otherwise.

Here's some samples:

And all here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/82655041@N ... 973799261/

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:51 am

Val2150 wrote: :shock: Oh my goodness...who knew Jemaine was such a saucy minx? :lol:
I think it's been established that Jem likes da boobies. Not saying I have much to offer in that dept but I did my best with the props given. LOL.
90% evil
ImageImage

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:55 am

Cuse wrote:They are Jemaine heavy, as he was closer and Bret's clothes were a bit dark to focus on.

I tried to get some pics of Nigel, but he never had much lighting.

Shame the Sugalumps pics came out blurry. They are perfect otherwise.

Here's some samples:

And all here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/82655041@N ... 973799261/

Um, you did say you were a photog or some such yes? The quality of these pix is amazing. Makes me ashamed to post the link to my lame ass version but here goes:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/shebearess ... 970277839/
90% evil
ImageImage

Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby Venus » Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:57 am

SheWolf wrote:Thanks to FOTC for 2 flipping energetic, amazing shows, for codpieces, for playing Prostitute and Epileptic Dog without me having to hold up my homemade request signs, for dealing with hecklers with charm and humor, for being so generous, accomodating and patient with fans and most of all to Jemaine for giving me much more of a hug than I had expected. :D

Yay! So glad you had an awesome time SheWolf! What a lovely picture! Ah I can only imagine him being so cuddly! 8)
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:58 am

:clap: for no barriers! :)

Great pics, Cuse. I like the blurriness in the Bret pic......Nigel looks like he's wearing a hair-helmet, lol! That must be hot, mine makes me want to cut it in summer but it's nowhere near that thick, plus it's straight.

Off to look at your other pics.......:D
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

slut_angel22@yahoo

Postby slut_angel22@yahoo » Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:59 am

Arrrrtttt-sy. Love this pic.
Bret: Have been sheared.
Jemaine: Have been shorn.

rini6
New arrival

I was at the show in Philly yesterday, at the Tower theatre

Postby rini6 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:01 am

I hope this post goes through. The forums are a bit cornfusing, you know.

The guys opened with "Too Many Dicks." It was great, but a slight disappointment, since they looked like robots in their costumes, which naturally raised expectations that another song was going to be performed. Unfortunately, no "The Humans are Dead!" Why? Bret and Jemaine? Why???

They did redeem themselves with an excellently emotive and hilarious "Bowie's in Space." The yowling and Bowieness did not cease.

They also performed "Albi" and "Jenny." I love hearing "Jenny" since it is not available on itunes or on the series. It is always reliably funny.

Kristin Schaal was her usual dirty self....which was a riot.

Thanks guys!.. and yet again, you sold out a venue!! and it was bigger than the elevator!

Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby Venus » Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:02 am

Thanks for your pictures Rhymnoserous! That's so sweet of Jemaine to give a big smile for you mother :)

SheWolf wrote:Aw thanks Val. I’m just pleased that Sully was able to capture Jem’s huggy bear-a-liciousness so well. Strangely enough I spent most of my time over in Bret’s camp trying to work my way into a shot with the newly radiant (as opposed to under the weather) Little B and becoming frustrated that I couldn’t skootch my way in and out of there quickly so I could get my arse over to the Jemaine side of the tracks. A girl should never be put in that position. It was like Sophie’s Choice I tell ya, but after a few awkward grabs of his delicate arm (and me apologizing for such and him being a doll) it was my turn with the oh so lovely, refined and chiseled one and then I hightailed it over to Jemaine who was frankly looking better than a body has a right to. I simply asked for a hug picture, he wrapped his arms around me and all I had to do was hold on. He's cuddly. It's a fact.

Love your pix Sully and I’ve gotta say the one with Jemaine still kills me. When I snapped it I thought I was too late to capture his hand in the air. I’m so happy for that shutter delay.

Cuse, my sweet, I thought of how you said to say Hi outside between shows but if you were outside between shows you know I’m not lying when I say it was a tad chaotic and your good beard was just one amongst many my friend. Sorry I didn't see ya.

Claire, the scruff was perfection. I do not believe the shirt to be the much beloved gingham with green piping and dodgy top button however. It appears to be a similar, new, crispy version of it though.

A couple random things: At the end of Carol Brown Jemaine stood up and did a blink and you'll miss it provacative crotch brush near the omnichord sort of as it he were miming playing the instrument with his...ahem...instrument. (IIRC) Who ever has a pic of this or vid I'd love to see it. :P So I placed my lighted swizzle stick from Radio City Music Hall in my cleavage (as one does) for the 2nd show in an attempt to gleen some sick satsifaction from seeing Jemaine perhaps distracted by this strange blue light emanating from my shirt in the 2nd row. He did glance at it a couple of times then ignored it so I turned it off. :lol:

My pics are mostly blurs. I will put the decent ones on Flickr in a few and will provide the link. My friend, however, has a gazillion awesome pics as well as Too Many Dicks vid complete with codpiece thrusting. Its pretty squeal inducing stuff and I hope she emails me all of it soon.

Oh hello! Haha! The end of Carol Brown sounds erm...very interesting and good work with the swizzle stick haha :lol:
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

Return to “2009 Tour Archives”