April 24- Detroit, MI (11 pm)

The place where all the 2009 North American Tour is now living. Gig threads, pre and post gig threads, meet and greets, the works. All found here.
LauraK
Boom King!

Re: April 24- Detroit, MI (11 pm)

Postby LauraK » Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:36 pm

I've only slept for 4 hours.....keep thinking of things I should've said. Forgot the simplest....just to say thanks. Tho I did thank them both for being so very gracious witht heir time.

Anyone who wants to snag a pic- feel free. :)

Gnomer- Tom noticed the motion right away...it didn't bother me much. I said that if they played Petrov, we'd really feel like we were at sea, that was for sure! No Petrov for the 11 pm, though.
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:39 pm

Oh, another bit....when someone yelled to Jemaine that they liked his shirt- he started telling how he was wearing it to get on our good side...when he's in LA, he'll be wearing an LA shirt. :) Then someone yelled "take it off!" :roll:
He said he couldn't do that.......underneath the shirt......"I'm actually invisible." :rolleyes:
ImageImage

bjp4444
New arrival

Postby bjp4444 » Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:48 pm

....didn't get to say hello tp anyone as class ran late, but I have some slightly blurry cell phone pictures and a video of sugalumps and some who likes to rock the party. Although most of the singing is obscured by many ladies yelling.

Not a bad show. Most people I know thought it was a bit rushed, but still enjoyable. And no one could understand most of stana. But what are you going to do?

Carol
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby Carol » Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:55 pm

LauraK~great posts and loved how they took the time to really personalize Jake's picture. That's something he'll treasure for years to come! Your pictures are awesome!

Now, we have to get bad atom and kelly to wake up so that they can tell us their stories too. (That didn't come out exactly right, but you know what I mean. :yawinkle: )

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:57 pm

Ah, Kelly is going to be forcibly coy....she had to leave early this morning to get home for a shower she had to attend at noon.

If someoone doesn't tell about the panties soon- I will! :lol:
ImageImage

Carol

Postby Carol » Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:59 pm

Uh, the panties??? C'mon, Laura, spill it!

Oh, I forgot about the shower she has to go to. Dang it!

Is she driving home or 'flying'? :lol:

Cuse

Postby Cuse » Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:10 pm

Great retelling laura! LOVE the detroit poster (didnt want to get that signed?).

Jemaine looks 21 in that pic lol.

mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby mockingbird » Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:38 pm

LauraK wrote:underneath the shirt......"I'm actually invisible."

Ah - Bret must have been using his supernatural talents on him. Glad to see he's improved to the point where he can make things completely invisible. :lol:

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:04 pm

Cuse wrote:Great retelling laura! LOVE the detroit poster (didnt want to get that signed?).

Jemaine looks 21 in that pic lol.

I didn't want to push it....they did sign my CD, Dvd, son's pic, t-shirt and Jem signed hubby's t-shirt! :D
I'm happy with the plain, numbered poster. 8) Maybe next time! After thanking them for coming, Jemaine said "we'll be back!" I can only hope!

OK. Apparently, the drunken girls who got kicked out placed this pair of panties on the stage. Placed. I was told this by an 8 pm show attendee. How lame- if you're putting panties up there- throw em! :lol: But apparently, they laid them on the stage. Whether the guys showed them to the 8 o'clock crowd right then- I don't know. They'll have to tell us.

I just know that in the very early banter, Jemaine told us about it, got them and held them up for us to see- orange, frilly panties! :D He said that that was a first and Detroit would have the distinction of being the first to throw panties up onstage- "very rock-star, Detroit," he said with a smirky-smile and nod. :D

I didn't get a pic since he wasn't facing our way and frankly, I was just laughing. He told the bit about having had large men's boxers that were still a bit sweaty thrown at them......

I wish I had recorded more. During Foux de Fa Fa, I just left it in my lap and pressed record. It got the song beautifully. When Jemaine sang, it was as if he was rightthere. :) His mike must have been wired right into our speaker- I mean we heard Bret fine but Jemaine? It was like he was singing into my camera.
Darn it all....it's always something, huh? I'd go back and record Robots and Too Many Dicks.....heck, the whole show!

Anyone else- if you're getting busted for filming, just hit record and get yourself the audio at least. I wish I had done. :|
ImageImage

Cuse

Postby Cuse » Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:09 pm

Understandable. I'm not sure if I'd even want mine signed. I'm not a big m&g kinda guy--I'd probably just take pictures of you all with them!

Could you tell us who the artist is on the poster? Reminds me of the Atlanta poster (Silent Giants?).

Edit: Ladies giving you their panties. Ahhhh, to dream.

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:15 pm

You know, I honestly have no idea. It isn't signed- just numbered. I have 174 of 250. It almost looks/feels like it was done in chalk and it's a very thick paper. very nice.

Kelly picked mine up for me, so I completely bypassed the souvenir area since it was so packed. One of them will know- ok, holdon. I just looked at the back and it was indeed done by Silent Giants.
http://thesilentgiants.com/blog/
ImageImage

Cuse

Postby Cuse » Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:18 pm

Damn, I'm good.

Thanks!

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:58 pm

Cuse wrote:Damn, I'm good.

Thanks!

:lol: Yep, you nailed it!
ImageImage

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:09 pm

Ok, Sherry, you might want to skip this as there are going to be some shitty pics here. But they make me smile nonetheless. :)

Here's the Marquee...I took this after as I was pretty skeered of showing my camera beforehand!
Took this just before the show started to show how close we were.
Wish these were better but I was more into watching/listening and didn't want to fiddle....just snapped a few and hoped for the best!

Now, this crazy shot was Bret directly in front of me jutting his business out, lol. Too must testosterone for my camera to capture!

Note to self: get better camera when Conchords return to MI..... :P
ImageImage

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:54 pm

I practiced my panty chuck before last year's show. When I saw how much in the nosebleeds I was I was glad I didn't bring them as they would have just wound up on the guy's head 3 rows in front of me.
90% evil
ImageImage

Return to “2009 Tour Archives”