Berkeley, CA - May 25th

The place where all the 2009 North American Tour is now living. Gig threads, pre and post gig threads, meet and greets, the works. All found here.
User avatar
Amanda
David Bowie's nipple antennae
Posts: 1329
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:52 pm

Re: Berkeley, CA - May 25th

Postby Amanda » Thu May 28, 2009 8:03 pm

But if you did I'd hold you tight / Into every single night
And we'd fall asleep together / And we'd wake up in the sunlight
Well, maybe I'm a dreamer / But maybe one day you'll see / That dreams are...

User avatar
LSully9
Getting lewd with the food
Posts: 2344
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:20 am

Re: Berkeley, CA - May 25th

Postby LSully9 » Thu May 28, 2009 8:05 pm

Amanda wrote:That's pretty Rock&Roll, Jemaine :wink: but he's a smart chap and turned off the flash leaving it all up to our imagination..the picture come out pitch black :wink:


Very smart... It also looked a bit like he put the lens against his stomach and not really down his pants... But then, I was a bit distracted and found it somewhat difficult to pay full attention to what Jemaine was doing... :wink:
Two struggling musicians, living in poverty and despair, selling their...instruments.

User avatar
SheWolf
Boom King!
Posts: 7224
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:24 pm

Re: Berkeley, CA - May 25th

Postby SheWolf » Thu May 28, 2009 8:56 pm

Cuse wrote:I think someone posted here, or elsewhere, that the last SF concert was tame, too. That kinda planted the seed in me to not go. Not that I really cared for any reason other than taking good pics, but the no m&g would have been a big disappointment. Being the finale, and all.

And where's the mutha flippin' poster?!
The SF shows last year? They were supposed to be crazy. Rowdy crowds that seemed to annoy B&J and no m&G after. IIRC it was the only show they didn't do one for last year aside from one in LA where Jem was a no show and Bret went solo.

I would have bet money on an M&G in Berkeley - particularly given that it was hands down the smallest gathering of fans I've ever seen at one but I guess that's not a deciding factor as to if they do one or not anyway. I just figured it wouldn't take much time and no matter how tired they were I'm sure they were going to a party (which means they weren't that tired) and it's not like they had to do it again anytime soon. The problem with doing M&Gs sometimes and not others is that people grow to except it, even though we shouldn't, and wind up disappointed when it doesn't happen. I'm not crying though coz my Jem hug lives in infamy :lol: and I'm lucky to have gotten it.

The poster is okay. Not too arty. Just a list of the tour cities on blue.

Jem was a total tease as per usual. He didn't put the camera down his pants though at first it looked like he would and I said out loud "Jemaine! No!" :o :lol:
90% evil
ImageImage

User avatar
songbird
David Bowie's nipple antennae
Posts: 1240
Joined: Thu May 07, 2009 1:30 am

Re: Berkeley, CA - May 25th

Postby songbird » Thu May 28, 2009 9:28 pm

Awesome pictures guys!! :D
I'm quite surprised there was no meet and greet as well. I would have thought after the last show for sure...

Tee hee, Jemmy with that camera :lol:
"We're addressing the issues but we're keeping it funky."

Image Image

User avatar
SheWolf
Boom King!
Posts: 7224
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:24 pm

Re: Berkeley, CA - May 25th

Postby SheWolf » Thu May 28, 2009 11:16 pm

Stana - note Jem trying to keep it together at 2:32 onward.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TEocX9i ... re=related

Epileptic Dog

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nl9HY0QR ... re=related
90% evil
ImageImage

User avatar
songbird
David Bowie's nipple antennae
Posts: 1240
Joined: Thu May 07, 2009 1:30 am

Re: Berkeley, CA - May 25th

Postby songbird » Thu May 28, 2009 11:34 pm

SheWolf wrote:Stana - note Jem trying to keep it together at 2:32 onward.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TEocX9i ... re=related

Epileptic Dog

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nl9HY0QR ... re=related


Those were great!! I never tire of epileptic dogs.
Haha, I LOVE watching Jem try not to laugh!! He looks so adoreable when he does that :D
"We're addressing the issues but we're keeping it funky."

Image Image

User avatar
LauraK
Boom King!
Posts: 8919
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:02 am

Re: Berkeley, CA - May 25th

Postby LauraK » Fri May 29, 2009 12:28 am

Ok, that's my favorite Stana fro the almost-cracking-up-Jem factor.

OMG, I just watched it again and figured out something. Jemaine said "where as Santa would come down your chimney and bring you wonderful gifts, Stana............. Stana would just come down your chimney." :shock:

*He makes a fake-wtf look to an audience member.........Nod to audience members reacting while making "ewww" face.........trying to keep it together......*

Then Bret says "Stana climbs down your chimney".......Jemaine almost loses it again and says to audience member/s: "what did you think?" smiling, almost laughing....

Not sure if Bret was trying to nip it in the bud or just move the song along as what Jem said went over his head (doubt that!) or what.....but Jemaine! You dirty boy! :tsk: :lol:

Listen/watch again....you'll see....
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

User avatar
biscuit
Give me some scruff and a leather jacket...or just the scruff
Posts: 3777
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:52 pm

Re: Berkeley, CA - May 25th

Postby biscuit » Fri May 29, 2009 12:47 am

Great :lol: I love to see them cracking up :rolls:

The framing the pets bit was good as well. "He'd leave paw prints on the gun." :lol:
Image
Thanks to Ariadne at RAC for my gorgeous new avi :-)

User avatar
prettyrobyngirl
Registered Rhymnecologist
Posts: 275
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:52 pm

Re: Berkeley, CA - May 25th

Postby prettyrobyngirl » Fri May 29, 2009 12:52 am

Amanda wrote:
mockingbird wrote:Um... what is he doing in that top photo? :hrm:


Is the zoom photo inset not selfexplanatory enough? :lol: Bret had taken the camera of the girl sitting next to me and had taken pictures of his Sugalumps..and Jemaine came to our side of the stage, took the camera disabled the flash, put the camera under his pants and snapped a picture :whistle:

That's pretty Rock&Roll, Jemaine :wink: but he's a smart chap and turned off the flash leaving it all up to our imagination..the picture come out pitch black :wink:


Oh answers to these questions! I had asked a while ago to you ladies if you had chased down the woman with this camera. Very smart Jemaine... glad that we had proof though these pictures don't exist in reality... or at least from this particular experience. Very rock and roll.
Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination.

User avatar
eorious
Consistently Mediocre
Posts: 564
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:55 pm

Re: Berkeley, CA - May 25th

Postby eorious » Fri May 29, 2009 2:03 am

LauraK wrote:OMG, I just watched it again and figured out something. Jemaine said "where as Santa would come down your chimney and bring you wonderful gifts, Stana............. Stana would just come down your chimney." :shock:


LauraK, he said this same thing at the late Milwaukee show! Then turned to the audience (many of whom had also been at the early show) and said "See, that was a bit dirtier than the early show..." (I think it freaked them out a little to see so many of the same faces at both shows that night and so kept comparing the performances for us.) I remember just loving the way he pronounced the word "dirtier". So cute! :heartbeat:

User avatar
songbird
David Bowie's nipple antennae
Posts: 1240
Joined: Thu May 07, 2009 1:30 am

Re: Berkeley, CA - May 25th

Postby songbird » Fri May 29, 2009 2:57 am

LauraK wrote:Ok, that's my favorite Stana fro the almost-cracking-up-Jem factor.

OMG, I just watched it again and figured out something. Jemaine said "where as Santa would come down your chimney and bring you wonderful gifts, Stana............. Stana would just come down your chimney." :shock:

*He makes a fake-wtf look to an audience member.........Nod to audience members reacting while making "ewww" face.........trying to keep it together......*

Then Bret says "Stana climbs down your chimney".......Jemaine almost loses it again and says to audience member/s: "what did you think?" smiling, almost laughing....

Not sure if Bret was trying to nip it in the bud or just move the song along as what Jem said went over his head (doubt that!) or what.....but Jemaine! You dirty boy! :tsk: :lol:

Listen/watch again....you'll see....


:shock: :shock: :shock:
I thought that's what I heard him say...oh lordie Jem, you have a dirty little mind!! :lol:
"We're addressing the issues but we're keeping it funky."

Image Image

User avatar
Amanda
David Bowie's nipple antennae
Posts: 1329
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:52 pm

Re: Berkeley, CA - May 25th

Postby Amanda » Fri May 29, 2009 3:18 am

prettyrobyngirl wrote:Very smart Jemaine... glad that we had proof though these pictures don't exist in reality... or at least from this particular experience.


:rolls: Oh, pretty girl.. you have a raunchy imagination :yawinkle:
But if you did I'd hold you tight / Into every single night
And we'd fall asleep together / And we'd wake up in the sunlight
Well, maybe I'm a dreamer / But maybe one day you'll see / That dreams are...

User avatar
LauraK
Boom King!
Posts: 8919
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:02 am

Re: Berkeley, CA - May 25th

Postby LauraK » Fri May 29, 2009 3:30 am

eorious wrote:
LauraK wrote:OMG, I just watched it again and figured out something. Jemaine said "where as Santa would come down your chimney and bring you wonderful gifts, Stana............. Stana would just come down your chimney." :shock:


LauraK, he said this same thing at the late Milwaukee show! Then turned to the audience (many of whom had also been at the early show) and said "See, that was a bit dirtier than the early show..." (I think it freaked them out a little to see so many of the same faces at both shows that night and so kept comparing the performances for us.) I remember just loving the way he pronounced the word "dirtier". So cute! :heartbeat:


And you didn't mention it? Hearing that about killed me! :lol: See, I'd missed the BJ references since they omitted them at the 11 pm show- don't understand why...we were the later of the 2 after all!- and never heard them really get raunchy, so this was great! It's just that I'm sure lots of people didn't catch it.

Oh, I also loved when he was pretending to be Stana- or the other Stana- whilst looking down at and showing off his small erection- (around 6:15) :rolls: The looks on his face are priceless.
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

User avatar
LSully9
Getting lewd with the food
Posts: 2344
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:20 am

Re: Berkeley, CA - May 25th

Postby LSully9 » Fri May 29, 2009 3:32 am

Some 6pm show funness: Trying to see themselves on the big screens

Image

Image

Image

And just a close up of Bret in that last picture
Image
Two struggling musicians, living in poverty and despair, selling their...instruments.

User avatar
ravenhpltc24
Registered Rhymnecologist
Posts: 424
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:58 pm

Re: Berkeley, CA - May 25th

Postby ravenhpltc24 » Fri May 29, 2009 3:39 am

songbird wrote:
LauraK wrote:Ok, that's my favorite Stana fro the almost-cracking-up-Jem factor.

OMG, I just watched it again and figured out something. Jemaine said "where as Santa would come down your chimney and bring you wonderful gifts, Stana............. Stana would just come down your chimney." :shock:

*He makes a fake-wtf look to an audience member.........Nod to audience members reacting while making "ewww" face.........trying to keep it together......*

Then Bret says "Stana climbs down your chimney".......Jemaine almost loses it again and says to audience member/s: "what did you think?" smiling, almost laughing....

Not sure if Bret was trying to nip it in the bud or just move the song along as what Jem said went over his head (doubt that!) or what.....but Jemaine! You dirty boy! :tsk: :lol:

Listen/watch again....you'll see....


:shock: :shock: :shock:
I thought that's what I heard him say...oh lordie Jem, you have a dirty little mind!! :lol:


Oh my gosh, that video just became 10x funnier upon rewatching that part. I wonder if Jem thought that Bret didn't catch his implication?? Bret must have known, they've performed it that way before, right? Jemaine just looks over at him and keeps laughing. That was terrific.
He's gonna wake up in a smoothie.
Image


Return to “2009 Tour Archives”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron