Berkeley, CA - May 25th

The place where all the 2009 North American Tour is now living. Gig threads, pre and post gig threads, meet and greets, the works. All found here.
Rhymnoserous
Giving the paper to the people

Re: Berkeley, CA - May 25th

Postby Rhymnoserous » Mon May 25, 2009 9:51 pm

Ugh. I wish I wasn't on the east coast right now. I would have taken that ticket so quick.

I hope everyone has a great time! I'm sure you guys will. I'll be sending meet and greet vibes!

deliriumtree
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby deliriumtree » Tue May 26, 2009 12:46 am

My feelings exactly! Wish I had known my refund check would come this week. Oh well, Hindsight is 20/20. Hope everyone that gets to go has a blast!
"Hey Ya'll, I'm destroying your city!" And the Bret and Jemaine angels looked on in approval.

dandy lyons
Consistently Mediocre

Postby dandy lyons » Tue May 26, 2009 3:29 am

Yay!! You all are gonna have a blast! Can't wait to hear all about it! :D :cheer:
Gar·funk·ling (verb) Funky cuddling with the candles twinkling.

songbird
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby songbird » Tue May 26, 2009 3:30 am

Hope all of you guys have fun!! Can't wait to hear the recaps!! :D
"We're addressing the issues but we're keeping it funky."

Image Image

Rhymnoserous
Giving the paper to the people

Postby Rhymnoserous » Tue May 26, 2009 6:23 am

I hope you guys had a great time and have lots of stories (and pictures!) for us when you get back!

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Tue May 26, 2009 6:28 am

Man...this thread is going to have an epic page count when all is said and done......:)
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

Bad Atom
The "Play Whatever You Want!" Guy

Postby Bad Atom » Tue May 26, 2009 8:32 am

Sully just posted some pictures on her Twitter from the first show. I'm sure we'll see and hear it all, when all is said and done...

prettyrobyngirl
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby prettyrobyngirl » Tue May 26, 2009 8:39 am

right now, as i type this, the girls are probably hanging around the buses waiting for the chance again to meet with the boys! Eeeek.... So exciting!
Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination.

prettyrobyngirl

Postby prettyrobyngirl » Tue May 26, 2009 9:13 am

Bret wore the shirt again, at least for the first show :)

The peeps on twitter keep referencing a "mini drum solo" by Jemaine on his Sugalumps. There is a picture. I can't wait to hear about the specifics of that one... looks pretty funny.

ps- I truly wonder how these guys continue to get through this song night after night without cracking up. If you actually think about the content, not only does it take "balls" to be able to get up on stage in front of thousands and flaunt your package in front of everyone, but it's also pretty flippin ridiculous. Kudos for keeping straight faces boys, and continuously driving the ladies crazy.

Whambi
Half a shapely halibut

Postby Whambi » Tue May 26, 2009 10:44 am

sniff, sniff :tears: no meet and greet tonight....or should I say this morning. LSully, SheWolf, Amanda, 4everconchords and I just left about 15 minutes ago. We were by the buses and they must have left in another vehicle which later caught up with the bus.

There was a girl waiting by the buses who asked when the set was done for Bret's...or as it said inside ROBO BRET head and she got it. She let us all put it on our heads and take a photo of it. What a souvenier to have! LSully almost got Jemaine's but some other person got in front of her and got it :x

Yes Jemaine had a teeny tiny drum set which he played and was heckled about and placed near his sugalumps

You could tell on their faces they were happy, at some points giddy, I think they were glad that this was the final night of shows

I'll post set lists shortly
If I did I'd hold you tight into every single night & we'd fall asleep together & we'd wake up in the sunlight. Well, maybe I'm a dreamer, but, maybe one day you'll see, that dreams are......
......Yeah, yeah she gets it, stop cockblocking me!

Whambi
Half a shapely halibut

Postby Whambi » Tue May 26, 2009 10:59 am

6pm Set list
Too Many Dicks (when done, Jemaine went to into an indepth interpretation of the metaphor of dicks)
banter about being late for practice
Hurt Feelings
Banter about Professional talkers
Stana
someone yelled out where is Gingerballs and Jemaine told him the correct grammar is where are gingerballs
Most Beautiful Girl
then both Jemaine and Bret walked in front of the big screens thinking they would have a psychedelic type of affect to it
Robots
Jemaine asked the audience what they would like to be called so he said we shall call you Berkeley
Just a snippet of Who Likes to Rock the Party
Banter about the Beach Boys and their dislike of them and that they are not much better than us
banter about playing to an audience of farm animals, sheep and in a paddock
Into of Nigel who looked smokin in a fedora
Talk of the song by OMC " How Bizzare" is used at the olympic medal ceremony
banter about the back of the theater making the front part jealous
Told You I was Freekie
I'm Not Crying
Motha*ukas
Hiphopopotomus vs Rhymenocerous
heckler yells It's Business Time.....Jemaine says No it isn't
Foux de fa fa
request for Jemaine to show his nipples he only slightly shows a peek of chest hair
request for Sugalumps, he says we save it for the end because it's exciting and the middle of the show is a bit boring
time tripping banter
Bowies in Space
Sugalumps

encores
Jemaine apolozies to the woman he stuck his sugalumps into, said it was done by Jemaine the person who is loosely based on myself, said he has a tendency to thrust sugalumps in real life, but I wouldn't do it as often :)
Bus Drive Song
Business Time
If I did I'd hold you tight into every single night & we'd fall asleep together & we'd wake up in the sunlight. Well, maybe I'm a dreamer, but, maybe one day you'll see, that dreams are......

Whambi
Half a shapely halibut

Postby Whambi » Tue May 26, 2009 11:12 am

9pm setlist
Too Many Dicks
another in depth explanation by Jemaine of the meaning of TMD that it is a reflection of our mortality but that part is instrumental in the song
the omnichord has a power surge making a huge boom sound
they started over doing
Hurt Feelings
banter about lateness for band practice
Stana....in which Jemaine said DIck Cheney is evil
Jemaine asked audience what they would like to be called, they said they would like to not be called Berkeley but the BAY AREA
Bret talks about a man who decided to videotape Stana thinking hey this a cool new song but stopped because it's too long
Sellotape.....with an almost 10 minute long free association talk about Crazy Glue, Bret being glued to an old girlfriend
Bret damaged a guitar because he rocked out too much
banter about OMC's How Bizarre being played by the prime minister and members of parliment
into of Nigel wearing the official New Zealand hat
Jemaine said the earlier show didn't have to sit through this rubbish
Jenny
Carol Brown which they had to do a redo because Jemaine said it was in Rock 1 not Rock 2
Motha*ukas
(P)epliptic Dogs
I'm Not crying....with the lighting set for a time they don't want to remember
heckler yells for Bret to take off his shirt, Bret says you're thinking of the Thunder from Down Under
HipHopopotomus vs Rhymenocerous
sugalumps

encores
***this is where I stopped writing down stuff unfortunately there were many maybe someone can fill me in on this
there was:
Freebird
Albi
BusinessTime
......i know I am missing two more, I think :doh:

prettyrobyngirl

Postby prettyrobyngirl » Tue May 26, 2009 11:22 am

Whambi wrote:sniff, sniff :tears: no meet and greet tonight....or should I say this morning. LSully, SheWolf, Amanda, 4everconchords and I just left about 15 minutes ago. We were by the buses and they must have left in another vehicle which later caught up with the bus.

What do you mean there was no meet and greet???? How is that possible? Oh no! Our poor girls standing out there, all alone, waiting after flying from ALL OVER! That is really unfortunate. :shock:

I am so sorry ladies :goodman:

Cuse

Postby Cuse » Tue May 26, 2009 11:29 am

Yeah, I was sure there would be a m&g for the finale. Sorry, ladies. :(

slut_angel22@yahoo
Stop touching the monkeys

Postby slut_angel22@yahoo » Tue May 26, 2009 11:35 am

I've been silently lurking about waiting for 5 days for the stories of the meet n greet and now, no meet n greet?

Ohhhh.... :( :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears:
Bret: Have been sheared.
Jemaine: Have been shorn.

Return to “2009 Tour Archives”