April 22 - Toronto (second of two nights)

The place where all the 2009 North American Tour is now living. Gig threads, pre and post gig threads, meet and greets, the works. All found here.
SheWolf
Boom King!

Re: April 22 - Toronto (second of two nights)

Postby SheWolf » Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:52 pm

He seems to enjoy doing different silly poses with people. Did you hear that big honking laugh of his? It's quite something. :lol:
90% evil
ImageImage

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:14 pm

I absolutely CANNOT wait for Turnip, bibli and Amanda's accounts of the m/g. Turnip must still be in Bret-Heaven :D

Also, SO HAPPY to hear about the m/g

I LOVE those pj's! I used to have a pair of penguin pajamas but that was when I was like...12 :lol: They wouldn't fit by a long shot now! :(

I also laughed out LOUD at that picture of Jemaine with the two of you! People in the library are staring at me a bit now because of it but I SO don't care.

ON TO DETROIT! :whitey: :boogie: :biggrin: :yay: :D

Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby Venus » Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:06 pm

OMG both people mentioned in the funny twitter updates I posted are on these forums?! I love WTF! The pjs are so cute and it's good to see they are penguin pjs- nice touch! And sorry to the girl who tripped, at least you'll be remembered! :lol: I'm currently stealing Internet at a salon but I can't wait to get back home to see pics, vids and read accounts properly!
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby mockingbird » Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:16 pm

I am feeling so happy right now, for the great pics and the M&G and penguin pajamas and everything. :D Yay!

SuzyBatt
Lucky for me I have a short attention sp ....

Postby SuzyBatt » Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:06 pm

Yup, sounds like there were some great moments at the show, and after!

Good on your husband for going with the PJ's Whippet, he's obviously a keeper! :yawinkle: And your pics and video are AMAZING!

prettyrobyngirl
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby prettyrobyngirl » Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:10 pm

Whippet- Those pictures are amazing, as well as the video!!!! You had some amazing seats!

It really sounds like a wonderful show. I am so glad they did a meet and greet, and you got a picture of "drunk" Jemaine with you penguin pjs... that deserves to go on the mantel over the fire FOR SURE!
Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination.

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:33 pm

Whoa!! That video was Great, Whippet! I was sitting here laughing and squealing, I can only imagine how everyone in the audience (especially in front) was reacting. :D

Yep, your video and pics are amazing- so very crisp and clear- bravo! What kind of camera do you have? Loved the M&G pics, too.

Photogirl- you became a part of the show! How cool is that? :)
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:38 pm

My fave pic of all of yours, Whippet, is #22. I can't post it myself.....it's of Jemaine and he's got such a cute expression on his face. :)
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

WhippetGood
Lost but happy at sea

Postby WhippetGood » Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:42 pm

LauraK wrote:Yep, your video and pics are amazing- so very crisp and clear- bravo! What kind of camera do you have? Loved the M&G pics, too.

Thanks for the kind words! I use a Panasonic TZ5 - it's a small and stealthy camera with 10x optical zoom and HD video capture.

The Talking Stove
Giving the paper to the people

Postby The Talking Stove » Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:56 pm

Penguin pyjamas! Wow :)

If the boys come to the UK I need to find an animal shirt to wear, hehe.
Have you ever been told that you look like a llama?

ardy
Redheads not warheads

Postby ardy » Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:30 am

ok. those are THE clearest pics i've EVER seen. well done.
and that video. unbelievable. i'm still wiping away the tears of laughter.
better bring a whole box of tissues with me...
...Detroit - City of Tomorrow...

take this sinking boat and point it home..we've still got time...

Venus

Postby Venus » Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:28 am

WhippetGood wrote:They seemed pretty happy and willing to play Freebird.

Here's the Sugalumps video I managed to get last night:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QunornxKfus&fmt=22

And here are some photos with their red Canada hats on during the encore:

And pics from the meet n' greet:

All photos:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/whippetgoo ... 208964684/

Wow, thanks so much for your account of the show and all the pictures :prayer: . They are incredibly good quality and very memorable pics. The one with you guys and Jemaine cracks me up! :lol:. And major kudos for going out in your pjs especially since they are penguin ones, I'm sure the boys were impressed too! That sugalumps video is amazing! Check Bret's bendiness :lol:
&

Venus

Postby Venus » Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:52 am

Found this blog with a few mp3 files attached. I presume that it's you Whippet I can hear who shouted out 'Epileptic Dogs' just before they sang it, cool! Love that song, sounds great live too :D

Flight of the Conchords @ Massey Hall, Apr. 22.2009

I think Flight of the Conchords are the kind of act that you want to keep to yourself, you don't want other people to know about them (unless you can recommend them to get cool points), laugh at them, and generally be 'in' on their jokes. It's not the type of humour that you want to share. Heading to the theatre (makes it sound classier, right?) I was a little unsure of what to expect from the crowd, and after having a group of what must've been 8 or so co-workers sit down beside Liz and I, I was fully expecting to give dirty looks for singing along all night... but, sadly, the crowd was great... nothing to complain about...

Eugene Mirman (Eugene the landlord) opened up with a pretty hilarious stand-up act, which culminated with a great bit on the ineptitude of Delta Airlines. The bit ended with Mirman handing out post cards that he hoped we would mail to Delta, suffice to say that the letter (which you can hear below) was not kind. After chatting with a couple of friends post-show, the reviews on Mirman were mixed, which it seemed to be based on expectations (these things usually are). I was expecting little to nothing from him, and the Delta bit alone was enough to win me over... win me over enough to buy his book... ummm... probably not...

Whatever your opinion on his stand-up, I think everyone can agree that it was terrific not having to wait around 30-40mins for the Conchords to come on...

And came one they did (that really doesn't sound right, does it?)! The bulk of their set was songs from S2 of the TV show, pretty well balanced with some stuff from S1 and songs that didn't make the cut for TV. The best part, for my money at least, was their banter - how they handled (by ratting them out to the security staff) the people who were using flash photography, their response to the 'Freebird' and 'Slayer' calls, and the waiting for the guy in the front row who went to the bathroom. If (somehow) you can still get tickets to see them on the rest of their tour... do.

[mp3]Eugene Mirman - Delta Airlines pt.1 (live @ Massey Hall)
[mp3] Eugene Mirman - Delta Airlines pt.2 (live @ Massey Hall)

[mp3] Flight of the Conchords - Hurt Feelings (live @ Massey Hall)
[mp3]Flight of the Conchords - Song for Epileptic Dogs (live @ MasseyHall)

Source
&

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:27 am

I wouldn't say Bus Driver's Song "didn't make the cut for the TV show", it was in existence way before the show was even a twinkle in the boys' eye

Cuse
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby Cuse » Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:36 am

It was in the show. Just not the lyrics. :D

Return to “2009 Tour Archives”