April 22 - Toronto (second of two nights)

The place where all the 2009 North American Tour is now living. Gig threads, pre and post gig threads, meet and greets, the works. All found here.
WhippetGood
Lost but happy at sea

Re: April 22 - Toronto (second of two nights)

Postby WhippetGood » Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:01 am

Venus wrote:
prettyrobyngirl wrote:ps- Whippet, I can't believe your picture. When I watched the video of Sugalumps in TO, I seriously thought someone HAS TO SCREEN CAP at 1:09... the exact picture you have as your quote line. priceless!

Haha I know! What a picture! :lol:

Oooh thanks heaps! I like posting just so I can see my signature pic! Ahahahaha! I took, like, maybe 12 screen caps from the vid, and this one's my favorite. :lol:

redoxreaction
New arrival

Postby redoxreaction » Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:57 pm

Amanda and Bibli, I don't know you, but I am a de-lurking to ask you to post your bloody recaps! I'm losing valuable time at work checking this site so often!!

Also, does anyone from the TO show have an idea *where* on the Massey Hall site they might be selling the posters? They don't seem to have a 'shop' page or anything : ( Unless I am totally missing it, which is also possible. <: )

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:58 pm

90% evil
ImageImage

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:04 pm

Viry much so. :)
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

prettyrobyngirl
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby prettyrobyngirl » Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:52 pm

Wow, this girl got some amazing shots... I personally like this one:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kimyokota/ ... otostream/

He looks like he is singing that part in Jenny ".... looked like reflections of the stars, and shine so beautiful and bright.... that night." Or at least in my head.

bibli and Amanda. Still waiting.
Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination.

dandy lyons
Consistently Mediocre

Postby dandy lyons » Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:59 pm

Gar·funk·ling (verb) Funky cuddling with the candles twinkling.

mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby mockingbird » Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:02 pm

prettyrobyngirl wrote:He looks like he is singing that part in Jenny ".... looked like reflections of the stars, and shine so beautiful and bright.... that night." Or at least in my head.

Siiiiiiiiiigh....... Can I tell you that when Jemaine sings that verse, I feel so sappy for the man I think my pupils actually turn into little hearts, and tiny cartoon cupids start flying around my head.

Amanda and bibli have gone into hiding. I fear we may never see them again. How sad.

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:06 pm

prettyrobyngirl wrote:Wow, this girl got some amazing shots... I personally like this one:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kimyokota/ ... otostream/

He looks like he is singing that part in Jenny ".... looked like reflections of the stars, and shine so beautiful and bright.... that night." Or at least in my head.

bibli and Amanda. Still waiting.

I like this one. You'll have to go to the flickr page to view the larger size but everything is so vibrant. Piercing eyes, full pink lips...yowza! I feel like he's starring right at me.
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:42 pm

I know. The color and texture of her pics is pretty cool. I think she did some funky photoshopping.
90% evil
ImageImage

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:46 pm

I wish I had pictures like that! They're beautiful :D

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:26 pm

B&W always looks good.

I'd have shot a lot of them in black and white as a given. I much prefer it over colour for head shots of people I photograph. I think for both Bret and Jemaine B&W works really well.

ASmallTurnip
-- MASTER CRIMINAL -- Root Vegetable Violence a Specialty

Postby ASmallTurnip » Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:05 pm

Oh Wolfie, those are lovely. Thank you so much for linking to them.

It's funny. In the week since we saw them (has it really been a week already?), I feel like I've discovered a whole gorgeous new love for Jemaine. It's not at all that I adore Bret less, bewitching little rascal that he is, and it's not that I didn't love Jemaine previously, because I did, emphatically so.

It's just as if in an instant, my heart built a whole extra room to contain my new-found love for the spectacled fellow. As if the building materials were all there, waiting quietly for me to need them. He's such a lovely, gentle chap, and his patience and good nature are (if you'll forgive me for being horribly cheesy and earnest here) genuinely an inspiration to me. Ugh. I cannot believe I typed that aloud. Jesus. I must try to be cooler. But Jemaine's truly a capital human bean, and I watched him the other night with my heart shining and full up to the brim. It's just good to know that people like that exist in the world, you know? It's not terribly complicated, I suppose. Nothing very profound. But it means something, in its own small, affectionate way. And for that, I am happy.

.:: She's got two jobs. She's a pastry chef and a sniper ::.

tvldiva
Feeling much better now...

Postby tvldiva » Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:19 pm

I have to agree with Sherry here. I love black and white photograpy and these are wonderfully candid. But the color of his jacket is great! How very fashion forward of him.
Why don't you accept me as your God!?

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:08 pm

ASmallTurnip wrote: He's such a lovely, gentle chap, and his patience and good nature are (if you'll forgive me for being horribly cheesy and earnest here) genuinely an inspiration to me. Ugh. I cannot believe I typed that aloud. Jesus. I must try to be cooler. But Jemaine's truly a capital human bean, and I watched him the other night with my heart shining and full up to the brim. It's just good to know that people like that exist in the world, you know? It's not terribly complicated, I suppose. Nothing very profound. But it means something, in its own small, affectionate way. And for that, I am happy.

That is exactly how I feel.
:heartbeat:
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:32 pm

Turnip your way with words is beyond amazing. I truly couldn't have said it better myself...I thought I admired Jemaine before, but once you experience him in the flesh, it becomes something completely different. More intense, would be the terms I'd use.

Return to “2009 Tour Archives”