May 14 - Portland

The place where all the 2009 North American Tour is now living. Gig threads, pre and post gig threads, meet and greets, the works. All found here.
mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Re: Portland 5/14

Postby mockingbird » Wed May 06, 2009 6:43 pm

I am DEFINITELY going to check that out, Dandy!

I can't believe the show is next week. I was going to get my poster from the HBO contest printed for them to sign, but now I'm wondering if I should bother, if they aren't going to do any more M&Gs. :( I'm trying not to be too bummed out about that. I guess I'll go ahead and do it anyway, just in case.

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Wed May 06, 2009 7:11 pm

No, don't give up! Stay positive and prepare for a m&g. As sure as you don't bring stuff, they'll do it and you'll be kicking yourself.
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Wed May 06, 2009 7:15 pm

Mockingbird if you're going to be in the front row (who's side if you don't mind my asking?) - I DEFINITELY say make your avatar into a shirt and wear it. Because Jemaine will see it, and I will bet dollars to doughnuts if he sees it he will comment on it - or at the VERY least, laugh to himself and remember you for the m&g

DangerMouse
Consistently Mediocre

Postby DangerMouse » Wed May 06, 2009 8:48 pm

Howdy y'all I am a n00b around here but I just had to add my .02

I am going to the 5/14 (I am in PDX) and am hoping they will stick around and sign some stuff.. since this is the first time I have actually had the opportunity to see them live. (finally done with grad school)

Heck since my office is next door to the Schnitz, I would be more than willing to spring for some lunch if they would sign my stuff :) I will even let them order stuff not on the $1 menu, what the heck super-size the fries.
...if anyone needs me I will be in my office doing madlibs...

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Wed May 06, 2009 9:36 pm

Eagle vs Shark reference....nice. 8) Welcome!
ImageImage

mockingbird

Postby mockingbird » Thu May 07, 2009 3:48 am

Hi, dangermouse! :wave: Congrats on finishing grad school. Where are you sitting?

Kelly - I am in row P1, seat 3. So, by my admittedly shaky understanding of the map, I am in the first row, on Jemaine's side.

ORCHESTRA LEVEL
-----------------------
4 Sections A - D
Seating Rows A-Z, AA-JJ Sometimes 2 rows of pits are added up front, rows P1 & P2 Seats are numbered from Left to Right (facing the stage)

Orch Sections B & C have between 13 & 14 seats per row. Orch Sections A & D have between 1 & 12 seats per row.

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Thu May 07, 2009 4:00 am

So you should be right there in front of him! DEFINITELY make a shirt of your avatar.

Here's my official advice: When he catches your eye (and he WILL, MORE than once, I promise), smile a half smile or so (not too much, don't wanna be creepy about it!), and maybe give a SMALL point to your shirt. He will get a KICK out of it, and will remember if/when they do a m&g afterwards. If they don't, he'll get a kick out of it and probably bring it up to Bret later on the bus, :lol:

mockingbird

Postby mockingbird » Thu May 07, 2009 4:06 am

kellysouthpaw wrote:Here's my official advice: When he catches your eye (and he WILL, MORE than once, I promise), smile a half smile or so (not too much, don't wanna be creepy about it!), and maybe give a SMALL point to your shirt.

Kelly, you're so coy. :lol: There is no way I could pull that off, just thinking about it is making me giggle though. I like the little Mona Lisa smile you have me giving him, that is definitely a nice touch. :wink: I would be much more successful at grinning broadly while jabbing both forefingers enthusiastically at my chest. Subtlety is not really my strong point, lol.

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Thu May 07, 2009 4:09 am

mockingbird wrote:
kellysouthpaw wrote:Here's my official advice: When he catches your eye (and he WILL, MORE than once, I promise), smile a half smile or so (not too much, don't wanna be creepy about it!), and maybe give a SMALL point to your shirt.

Kelly, you're so coy. :lol: There is no way I could pull that off, just thinking about it is making me giggle though. I like the little Mona Lisa smile you have me giving him, that is definitely a nice touch. :wink: I would be much more successful at grinning broadly while jabbing both forefingers enthusiastically at my chest. Subtlety is not really my strong point, lol.

Oh bird, you never cease making me laugh out loud over here :roll2:

Well - I'd prepare yourself for what you want to do when Jemaine DOES make eye contact with you - because it caught me COMPLETELY off guard and all I could muster was a half smile and a nod. But I was happy with that because it acknowledged him and showed my appreciation without looking like a complete freak was looking back at him like this --> :biggrin:

mockingbird

Postby mockingbird » Thu May 07, 2009 4:13 am

kellysouthpaw wrote:...it acknowledged him and showed my appreciation without looking like a complete freak was looking back at him like this --> :biggrin:

Ha ha! Yeah, that's totally going to be me, I'm afraid. :lol:

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Thu May 07, 2009 4:30 am

mock, I think you should bring a mini-mag lite and aim it at your chest to showcase little dead red.......
*she said facetiously*

It's all good...if you make that tshirt, they'll both get to see it and love it (and you) at the meet and greet. :)
ImageImage

DangerMouse
Consistently Mediocre

Postby DangerMouse » Thu May 07, 2009 6:33 am

[quote="mockingbird"]Hi, dangermouse! :wave: Congrats on finishing grad school. Where are you sitting?[quote]

thanks 8)

Orchestra section D row X :) And the Schnitz is really small so I am kinda pumped. Really hoping that they step out afterwards.... cause you know it is going to be freakin' rainy.
...if anyone needs me I will be in my office doing madlibs...

ASmallTurnip
-- MASTER CRIMINAL -- Root Vegetable Violence a Specialty

Postby ASmallTurnip » Tue May 12, 2009 12:03 am

DangerMouse wrote:Howdy y'all I am a n00b around here but I just had to add my .02

I am going to the 5/14 (I am in PDX) and am hoping they will stick around and sign some stuff.. since this is the first time I have actually had the opportunity to see them live. (finally done with grad school)

Heck since my office is next door to the Schnitz, I would be more than willing to spring for some lunch if they would sign my stuff :) I will even let them order stuff not on the $1 menu, what the heck super-size the fries.

Hello friend! This might sound super-creepy weird, but do you happen to be a frequent Jezebel commenter? Because if so, you know I think you're rad, baby. And if you're not the same DangerMouse, then I ALSO think you're awesomely awesome, just in a different way. :wink: And now I will commence to feeling stupid, because that is what I do.

In any case, have a great time at the Portland show, dude! Can't wait to hear about it!

.:: She's got two jobs. She's a pastry chef and a sniper ::.

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Tue May 12, 2009 1:16 am

LauraK wrote:mock, I think you should bring a mini-mag lite and aim it at your chest to showcase little dead red.......
*she said facetiously*
I put my light up drink stirrer in my shirt when I was in the 2nd row. Jem did glance at it twice but his eyes didn't remain as focused on my bosoms as I would have liked. It's worth a shot at least.

Oh and when he looks at you you'll away in embarrasement, not that I know anything about that. :whistle:
90% evil
ImageImage

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Tue May 12, 2009 1:59 am

Ohhhh, that magnetic stare...... :shock: Coming from when he was in the front row during Sugalumps, I had chills....

But in person during m&g, it was ok.....weird.
ImageImage

Return to “2009 Tour Archives”