May 14 - Portland

The place where all the 2009 North American Tour is now living. Gig threads, pre and post gig threads, meet and greets, the works. All found here.
kellysouthpaw

Re: Portland 5/14

Postby kellysouthpaw » Tue May 12, 2009 2:56 am

LauraK wrote:Ohhhh, that magnetic stare...... :shock: Coming from when he was in the front row during Sugalumps, I had chills....

But in person during m&g, it was ok.....weird.

I'd use...intimidating. Though, I know he wasn't meaning to be - I'm just incredibly afraid of meeting new people. It's just more obvious when it's someone that I respect and admire.

During the show I just half smiled and tried to hold his gaze for awhile. See how long he'd do it before he looked away. When I was just one in a large crowd I wasn't nearly as freaked out as when it was just him and I almost one-on-one.
Last edited by kellysouthpaw on Tue May 12, 2009 3:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby mockingbird » Tue May 12, 2009 3:00 am

Oh, you guys.... I am getting so ANTSY. I'm leaving tomorrow night for Portland and I can't wait. Check out my horrible travel itinerary and pity me: first I have to get up at 3 AM and drive an hour and a half to Louisville to catch my 6:30 AM flight. Then I have a two hour layover in Houston. So by the time I get to Portland, I will have been travelling for about ten hours and it will only be noon, their time. I'll be like, hi guys, nice to see you, I'm taking a nap now, lol. I'm so excited, though. I have all six episodes of the BBC show on my MP3 player, so the dulcet tones of Jemaine's lovely voice will be speaking directly into my ears. That should help keep me awake. :wink:

OK, so, it's Crazy Confession Time here on the old Portland 5/14 thread. I read about the M&G they did in Vancouver last night, and I'm happy for Dandy and everyone, but I almost wish they hadn't done it, or at least that I hadn't heard about it. I had resigned myself to the fact that they had stopped doing it, and I was totally cool with it. I was just going to hang out and enjoy visiting my friends and seeing the show... now I have all this insane fan angst again about whether I'll get to meet them or not. Why am I like this? I seriously need to chill out.

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Tue May 12, 2009 3:14 am

It can't be helped, mock. We'd all be feeling the same way in your shoes, I think. I'm sending major vibes that you get a m&g. I know it's different for everyone but for me personally...I really thought I'd be a puddle of goo meeting them, but it was so ok. I did have most of my prepared questions leave my brain, but I wasn't nervous. They were so low-key and genuine and gracious.....here they are going from person to person not knowing if there'll be a Mel- and they're putting us at ease just by being themselves! Just tell yourself "what will be will be..." and go with the flow. Be yourself and they'll love you. I just know there's going to be awesome pics of you with the guys!

I hope you're not too excited to get that nap- but if not, the adrenaline will keep you going!

(Did you make a little red tshirt?)
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

mockingbird

Postby mockingbird » Tue May 12, 2009 3:20 am

It's OK, I'm under no illusions that I will impress them in any way. In fact I'll consider the meeting a success if I just manage to avoid actively embarassing myself. :)

I didn't make a t-shirt because... well it's a long boring reason. However I *did* make a sticker out of it which I plan to give to Bret if I have the opportunity.

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Tue May 12, 2009 3:23 am

OH YIS! I'm so excited to hear what he thinks of it! I bet he's going to get a kick out of it - I really do.

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Tue May 12, 2009 3:27 am

Awesome! 100% certain he'll give a huge smile......maybe even shed a tear.....:)
ImageImage

mockingbird

Postby mockingbird » Tue May 12, 2009 3:32 am

I hope I don't chicken out and not give it to him. I can totally see myself doing that. I also printed out my poster for the HBO contest and I'm going to maybe get them to sign it.

mockingbird

Postby mockingbird » Tue May 12, 2009 3:33 am

LauraK wrote:Awesome! 100% certain he'll give a huge smile......maybe even shed a tear.....:)

:lol:

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Tue May 12, 2009 3:35 am

I'd love it if he signed your poster, "RIP Little Red. Lest we forget" Please please please ask him to write that...I'm somewhat living vicariously through you here, if you haven't noticed ;)

mockingbird

Postby mockingbird » Tue May 12, 2009 3:39 am

kellysouthpaw wrote:I'd love it if he signed your poster, "RIP Little Red. Lest we forget" Please please please ask him to write that...I'm somewhat living vicariously through you here, if you haven't noticed ;)

Anything else you'd like me to tell them? Would you like me to ask Bret if he still misses you? :lol:

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Tue May 12, 2009 3:44 am

Yis, Yis actually. Also, don't forget to ask Jemaine if he remembers our hug ;)

mockingbird

Postby mockingbird » Tue May 12, 2009 3:57 am

:lol: OK. I'm making a list.

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Tue May 12, 2009 4:02 am

Haha - don't ask that - he seriously won't remember. BUT - if you really want to ask, I was the one wearing argyle and had sunglasses on at 3 am in the morning :lol: THAT he'll probably remember :roll2:

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Tue May 12, 2009 4:13 am

mock! They have to sign the same stuff all the time! I gave them the boring DVD and CD- but they both were really into signing my son's pic! And I did not intend for them to sign it- I just wanted to be able to show them Jake in his robots hoody while I told them that he loved them, too. And Bret just grabbed it away from me! :lol: So don't hesitate! Unique things that are more personal are GOOD! :)
ImageImage

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Tue May 12, 2009 4:17 pm

mockingbird wrote:OK, so, it's Crazy Confession Time here on the old Portland 5/14 thread. I read about the M&G they did in Vancouver last night, and I'm happy for Dandy and everyone, but I almost wish they hadn't done it, or at least that I hadn't heard about it. I had resigned myself to the fact that they had stopped doing it, and I was totally cool with it. I was just going to hang out and enjoy visiting my friends and seeing the show... now I have all this insane fan angst again about whether I'll get to meet them or not. Why am I like this? I seriously need to chill out.
They are just guys. They are not intimidating unless yor build them up to an unrealistic height and freak yourself out. They are easy to approach and easy to talk to. You'll be fine.
90% evil
ImageImage

Return to “2009 Tour Archives”