May 14 - Portland

The place where all the 2009 North American Tour is now living. Gig threads, pre and post gig threads, meet and greets, the works. All found here.
kellysouthpaw

Re: Portland 5/14

Postby kellysouthpaw » Tue May 12, 2009 7:36 pm

SheWolf wrote:They are just guys. They are not intimidating unless yor build them up to an unrealistic height and freak yourself out. They are easy to approach and easy to talk to. You'll be fine.

Or you freak out at the prospect of meeting new people WHOEVER they may be...

*points to self*

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Tue May 12, 2009 7:53 pm

But if that's the case, you're pretty well-versed in how not to let that show and it all works out just fine and you get an awesome picture with Jem and Bret. :)
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby mockingbird » Tue May 12, 2009 8:04 pm

SheWolf wrote:
mockingbird wrote:OK, so, it's Crazy Confession Time here on the old Portland 5/14 thread. I read about the M&G they did in Vancouver last night, and I'm happy for Dandy and everyone, but I almost wish they hadn't done it, or at least that I hadn't heard about it. I had resigned myself to the fact that they had stopped doing it, and I was totally cool with it. I was just going to hang out and enjoy visiting my friends and seeing the show... now I have all this insane fan angst again about whether I'll get to meet them or not. Why am I like this? I seriously need to chill out.
They are just guys. They are not intimidating unless yor build them up to an unrealistic height and freak yourself out. They are easy to approach and easy to talk to. You'll be fine.

My insane fan angst is about whether they'll do a meet & greet at all. For now that is overshadowing my angst over what a loser I will inevitably act like if I *do* get to meet them, lol.

Don't mind me. I'm just weird like this. I'm sure it'll all be OK. By the way, this'll probably be the last time I talk to you all for a few days, but I will post an account as soon as I can. :)

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Tue May 12, 2009 8:30 pm

Good luck and have fun!
90% evil
ImageImage

DangerMouse
Consistently Mediocre

Postby DangerMouse » Tue May 12, 2009 8:57 pm

mockingbird wrote:My insane fan angst is about whether they'll do a meet & greet at all.

My sentiments exactly 8) And besides if you make a total goob of yourself it is not like you are going to run into them at the grocery store.

:pray: still holding out hope they will M&G here in PDX :pray:
...if anyone needs me I will be in my office doing madlibs...

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Tue May 12, 2009 9:22 pm

My thoughts are with you, mock!! M&G vibes following..... :pray:

DangerMouse wrote:And besides if you make a total goob of yourself it is not like you are going to run into them at the grocery store.

That's awesome and true, DM!

:lol:
ImageImage

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Tue May 12, 2009 9:48 pm

DangerMouse wrote:And besides if you make a total goob of yourself it is not like you are going to run into them at the grocery store.

Unless you make such a total goob of yourself that it...

a.) gets mentioned in an interview when the boys are asked about crazy fan stories

b.) will get used as new material if they do continue with a third season

c.) all of the above

:doh: Sorry. Not helping. :::zips mouth shut:::

I'm just trying to prepare myself for any socially awkward situations that may arise.

I wish you a fantastic time at the show, mockingbird! I hope you get a M&G and get to show Bret your sticker. I'm positive he'll get a kick out of it.
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”

dandy lyons
Consistently Mediocre

Postby dandy lyons » Thu May 14, 2009 7:28 am

Keep the faith Mock! I really had no expectations foe Vancouver, so it was really awesome when they did end up coming out. I hope they do a M&G in Portland! *fingers crossed*

PS - Keep an eye out for my friend Sara. I told her you were going to the show so if you see her, say hello. :)
Gar·funk·ling (verb) Funky cuddling with the candles twinkling.

prettyrobyngirl
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby prettyrobyngirl » Thu May 14, 2009 12:06 pm

Bird! Your day has arrived! You will have an awesome, incredible amazing time at the show... Regardless of what you have watched and read, enjoy every moment because you are in the same room as our beloved boys, and that is so entirely special in its own right!

I am sending you crazy strong meet and greet going to happen vibes over the ocean! It worked for Vancouver, and I am sure it will work for Portland too! I can't wait to hear all of your wonderful "Bret loved my sticker" and "Jemaine thew his sugalumps in my face" stories after the show.

Enjoy!
Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination.

trefusis
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby trefusis » Thu May 14, 2009 12:59 pm

Looking forward to the show on everyone's behalf! Have a ball, mockingbird :thumb:
That's the conclusion that I've come to, but...

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Thu May 14, 2009 5:25 pm

prettyrobyngirl wrote:Bird! Your day has arrived! You will have an awesome, incredible amazing time at the show... Regardless of what you have watched and read, enjoy every moment because you are in the same room as our beloved boys, and that is so entirely special in its own right!

I am sending you crazy strong meet and greet going to happen vibes over the ocean! It worked for Vancouver, and I am sure it will work for Portland too! I can't wait to hear all of your wonderful "Bret loved my sticker" and "Jemaine thew his sugalumps in my face" stories after the show.

Enjoy!

Yep, all of the above plus vibes for a smiley/huggy pic with each of the guys. :D Have a great time!!
ImageImage

DangerMouse
Consistently Mediocre

Postby DangerMouse » Thu May 14, 2009 6:42 pm

Yep, all of the above plus vibes for a smiley/huggy pic with each of the guys. :D Have a great time!!

Oooo keep them vibes coming 8) I work in the building next door to where they are playing tonight and am shooting vibes over there right now :pray: Plus the theatre where they are playing tonight is small (we had graduation there...) so maybe that will help.

I got my picture and sharpie ready to go :worry:
...if anyone needs me I will be in my office doing madlibs...

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Thu May 14, 2009 7:47 pm

Don't be anxious, DM! Go in there assured of a great time- you won't be disappointed! Can't wait to hear/see everything!
ImageImage

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Thu May 14, 2009 10:43 pm

DangerMouse wrote:I got my picture and sharpie ready to go :worry:
They usually have their own sharpies though last year I believe Bret absconded with ours.
90% evil
ImageImage

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Thu May 14, 2009 10:44 pm

Bret had to use mine, Jemaine had his own...hopefully they haven't lost them yet :lol:

Return to “2009 Tour Archives”