May 14 - Portland

The place where all the 2009 North American Tour is now living. Gig threads, pre and post gig threads, meet and greets, the works. All found here.
SheWolf
Boom King!

Re: Portland 5/14

Postby SheWolf » Thu May 14, 2009 10:48 pm

If you look closely in his right hand, we believe this to be our sharpie, as we came with one & didn't have one after dealing with Bret.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/shebearess ... 954297754/

I've never had them sign anything but I have a green sharpie raring to go for next time.
90% evil
ImageImage

prettyrobyngirl
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby prettyrobyngirl » Thu May 14, 2009 11:19 pm

SheWolf... Best signature ever.
Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination.

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Thu May 14, 2009 11:30 pm

Mmmmmm-Hmmmmmm. 8) :heartbeat:
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

DangerMouse
Consistently Mediocre

Postby DangerMouse » Thu May 14, 2009 11:35 pm

Well it looks like thier stuff made it :wink: and it cleared off ! It is actually nice and sunny outside .

Was looking out the window here at work (stuck in a meeting) and it looks like they are unloading... what can I say the meeting failed to hold my onto interest :roll:
...if anyone needs me I will be in my office doing madlibs...

trefusis

Postby trefusis » Thu May 14, 2009 11:36 pm

Am just wondering exactly what type of meeting it would have to be, to keep my interest under those circumstances.
That's the conclusion that I've come to, but...

DangerMouse
Consistently Mediocre

Postby DangerMouse » Thu May 14, 2009 11:37 pm

trefusis wrote:Am just wondering exactly what type of meeting it would have to be, to keep my interest under those circumstances.

:supz: I knew I was in the right place !

trefusis

Postby trefusis » Thu May 14, 2009 11:46 pm

In more ways than one, DangerMouse... in more ways than one.

Let us know if you see anything else, won't you? If there wasn't a terrible lot of sea in between, I'd be calling a meeting myself :wink:

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Fri May 15, 2009 12:03 am

Yes, DangerMouse. Please continue looking out the window using whatever is at your disposal- binoculars, telescope, Nikon camera with telescopic zoom lens.....and report on B&J sightings. Please. If you haven't fallen out of the window.
ImageImage

ardy
Redheads not warheads

Postby ardy » Fri May 15, 2009 12:17 am

bring more than one sharpie....
bret has one of mine ;)

and that's totally ok.
...Detroit - City of Tomorrow...

take this sinking boat and point it home..we've still got time...

DangerMouse
Consistently Mediocre

Postby DangerMouse » Fri May 15, 2009 12:25 am

Well nothing going on except staff and bums in the park blocks (there is a park behind the Schnitz)

I am off to my place to change into a shirt with buttons... keep sending M&G vibes to them so they sign my pics. (one for me and one for my sis who could not come sicne she had a first dress tonight back home)

DangerMouse
Consistently Mediocre

Postby DangerMouse » Fri May 15, 2009 8:18 am

... nicest dudes EVER !!!!!!! They both signed my pic and J even signed my print too !

mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby mockingbird » Fri May 15, 2009 8:42 am

Wow, you guys. I am on such a high right now, I'm going to try to be coherent but I'm sure you'll understand if I devolve into deranged fangirl blathering.

So, we just got back from the show. It was AWESOME. I was SO in the front row, RIGHT in front of Jemaine and Nigel. Hee heeeeee!! How fabulous is that. Here is the set list:

Too Many Dicks
Hurt Feelings
Stana (hilarious)
Beautiful Girl - during this song, when Jemaine sang "looking 'round the room, I can tell that you are the most beautiful girl in the room", he looked RIGHT AT ME :D
Choir of Ex-Girlfriends
Jenny
Rhymenocerous and Hiphopopotamus - Jemaine got the first TEN rows pregnant - he was on fire
I'm Not Crying
Freebird - someone shouted it out and they immediately started playing it. It was hysterical. They added some lyrics about how birds and humans shouldn't be in a relationship anyway :lol: Bret was on drums. Then they segued right into:
Mutha 'Uckers
Business Time
Issues - This was the point at which security threatened to take my camera away, so I had to stash it
Same Girl
Sugalumps - YOU GUYS. Jemaine sat on the stage right in front of me. HE STOOD ON MY CHAIR. *swoon* His foot was touching my leg. I about DIED.
Albi - When Jemaine sang the part about Albi crying a single tear all the colors of the rainbow, he paused dramatically, and it was really quiet, and I said, "Aw", not loudly at all, almost to myself, lol - and Jemaine looked at me and nodded sympathetically :lol:
Bus Driver Song (hooray)
Bowie

People weren't really shouting stuff out very much. There was the ubiquitous "take off your clothes", and they joked about how there are so many strip clubs in Portland, we were probably confused. During the "Issues" banter, someone shouted "Oooh, Flight of the Conchords, you're so BIG," and they chastised him for making such a random comment. "He's probably been waiting all night to say that." :lol: Some girl gave them flowers and they put them in their water bottles, and at one point during the show Bret knocked his over and spilled water all over the place. I was afraid they were going to get electrocuted.

OK! So that was the show. Afterward, I hung around outside for about an hour and a half. I got to meet lots of lovely people, including Danger Mouse, and BRET AND JEMAINE!!! Hee heeee!!! They were lovely but it seemed like they were kind of in a hurry. Bret didn't stick around long at all. I got to give him my sticker, and he seemed to like it, and he signed my poster but he bailed right after so no photo. A lot of people didn't get to talk to him at all. He was very nice though. THEN I went over to Jemaine. SIIIIIGGGGHHHHHH. Sorry. I'm on a bit of a high, here. I got to stand next to him for a minute because the pictures weren't coming out, they were blurry. I told him I was taking advantage of the situation and he was like, "Why not?" :D So I got like three pictures. None of them are stellar, I'm afraid. I was too shy to ask for a hug. He isn't even smiling in them! I, on the other hand, am grinning like a loon. Ah well.

THEN, as we were about to walk away, my friend was like, "There's Nigel," and sure enough, he was leaning against a signpost right next to us. I was like, "Hi Nigel," and I complimented him on the show and said I had fun, and he said he had fun too. I told him that a few times during the show he looked lovely because he was all backlit with rays of light emanating from behind him. (Yes I am A TOTAL GOOFBALL.) He was like, "Oh, really," because what else can you say to a comment like that. :lol: I was like, "Yeah, I got some pictures of you, wanna see," and he was like, "yeah" so I showed him the pics on my camera, lol. He was like, "You must have been really close," and I said, "Yeah, I was in the front row," and he said, "Oh yeah, so you were the one taking the pictures." :oops: I said, "I hope that wasn't distracting for you," and he said no, what's really distracting is people taking videos. So we were scrolling through the pictures and there was a particularly nice one of him and he asked me to post it to the MySpace page! I told him I had no idea how to do that so he said I could email it to him!! Let me put a few more exclamation marks there. !!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: So he started digging around in his bag looking for his business card, and he couldn't find it because he had tons of crap in there, lol. He's pulling out all kinds of papers and postcards and junk and I was just laughing. He's like, "I really like this bag but there's no pockets inside it," and I said "Yeah, my bag's the same way, it all just ends up in a pile inside." So anyway he found his card and gave it to me, and just then Jemaine came over and told Nigel they were leaving, so he said goodbye and took off. I was kinda hoping Jemaine would come over and talk for a minute but like I said, I got the impression they were kind of in a hurry.

So there it is. What a wonderful night. I'm going to bed now. I will post my pictures as soon as I can, maybe tomorrow but maybe not until Sunday because I don't have the stuff I need to get the pics off my camera and onto the internet. Maybe my friends do, they're in bed right now so I'll check tomorrow. Good night all! :D

prettyrobyngirl

Postby prettyrobyngirl » Fri May 15, 2009 10:56 am

Bird! See, sugalumps in your face and sticker and meet and greet! How wonderful!

It sounds like a really great show with a stellar set list and awesome seats. I am sorry though the boys seemed a bit off at the M&G... but they must be getting tired right these days, exhausted really. And if they were in a hurry to get somewhere, it was really lucky that they came out at all!

I am really happy you did get a chance to meet them, and Nigel... oh Nigel, he just seems to make everyone's day, doesn't he? I can't wait to see the picture you took of him that is going on his myspace... well, actually ALL of your pictures!

Get some sleep, enjoy the high and THANK YOU for posting!!!
Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination.

LauraK
Boom King!

Re: May 14 - Portland

Postby LauraK » Fri May 15, 2009 1:09 pm

:supz: :clap: Woo-Hooo! I'm so happy for you, Mock!! :D
Oh, it sounds like the show was awesome- I so hope there's video so I can put it together with your account. So wonderful! I know there'll be a vid of Suglumps, lol! Did Jemaine do much of his hip-swaying for you? *swoon* :thud:

I am so happy you got to meet them and I can't wait to see the pics! Nigel is like a big-haired bonus, huh? He's so talented and now we know- just as sweet and down to earth as B&J. Looking forward to seeing your pic of him on his MySpace.

When you're awake, more details, please- as I'm sure you will have remembered more!

:D
ImageImage

trefusis

Re: May 14 - Portland

Postby trefusis » Fri May 15, 2009 1:23 pm

YAAAAYYYYY!

Class A seats... sugalumps... your own special moment with Jemaine during "Albi"... M&G... I could go on... :yay:

Nigel is really coming across as a great guy in all these accounts, isn't he? I do hope he's with them when they play in Ballygobackwards :wink:

Can't wait to see your photos... Night night for now.

Return to “2009 Tour Archives”